What's new

Turkey to modernize F-16 fighter jets of Pakistan Air Force

Here comes the Arm chair Air Chief Marshal of PDF.

So will you provide the funds for SU35 & other big goodies?

Technically, if Paf can arrange funds for F16s. Why can't for Su 35. The person you mentioned is talking pure common sense. You got 20 billion dollars in reserves. Setting aside 3 billion $ over a period of 2 years can get you 36 Su35s or 75 J10s or 50 J16s. AND if you invest it in JF17, you can get a 4.5 generation fighter. Mind you some soft loan can also be arranged. You just see the availability of funds and aania jaania of PAF if somehow usa makes available F16.....

With all her world class engineering universities why doesn't Turkey produce her own fighter jets other than copying what the US makes?

A quick look at Turkey's aero industry efforts !

-Turkey builds three fighter/trainer projects proceeding simultaneously.
*Hurkus turboprop trainer
*T-X jet trainer
*F-X fighter

T-X concept
CiPWSLWWkAAFHPa.jpg

-Industry develops/produces World class armed UAV's and own subsystems.
*Karayel Tactical class
*Bayraktar TB2 Tactical class
*Anka-B MALE
*Anka-S MALE
-Akinci HALE

Anka-S
maxresdefault.jpg

-Turkey's avionic solutions find places on almost all type of crafts from helicopters to fighters. Aselsan introduced own IFF Mod-5/S, EW/ECM systems for fighters/helicopters.
aselsanhreb.jpg

-Turkey developed own mission computer called "Özgür" and integrated on F-16 successfully.
K4GBpok.jpg

- Turkey produces almost all type lazer/GPS/INS guided smart munitions/miniature munitions.
*Teber family guided bombs
*HGK family guided bombs
*KGK family guided bombs
*NEB bunker buster core warhead
*LGK family laser guided bombs
p1635753.jpg

- Turkey produces own air launched cruise missiles.
*SOM-A/B1/B2
*SOM-J
*SOM-ER

Go12b3.gif

- Turkey develops own air to air missiles. The missiles will be ready in 2019.
*Goktuğ IIR VWR
*Goktuğ RF BVR
7kMpB5.png

-Turkey produces own aircraft pod systems as well.
*E/O pod called "AselPod"
*EW pod called "MehPod"
*SAR pod
maxresdefault.jpg

- Turkey develops two AESA radars for fighters.
*F-16 AESA radar (2019)
*TF-X AESA radar (2023)

-Turkey invests serious amount of money on material technologies. There are three aircraft engine manufacturing facilities called Alp Aviation, KaleAero and TEI working for big scale projects like F-35 and mastered on Titanyum handling technologies on critical components. In additions, A new R&D center opened under a partnership agreement with Rolls&Royce. Turkish institutes are selected as global maintenance center of F-35 costumers.

-At present, Turkey develops cruise missiles turbo-jet, 1000hp turbo-prop and 1400hp Turbo-shaft engines domestically.

I think Those are enough to commence own fighter project or upgrade ally countries fighter fleet based on own solutions.

F-X fighter project concept introduction

Last edited:
If it was upto me...i would've picked the Aselpod without wasting anytime....damn good pod for precision strike especially for our JF-17'S

Having a look at what Turkey has to offer....I can say for sure that there is a lot of space for defence cooperation between Pakistan and Turkey

A quick look at Turkey's aero industry efforts !

-Turkey builds three fighter/trainer projects proceeding simultaneously.
*Hurkus turboprop trainer
*T-X jet trainer
*F-X fighter

T-X concept

-Industry develops/produces World class armed UAV's and own subsystems.
maxresdefault.jpg

-Turkey developed own mission computer called "Özgür" and integrated on F-16 successfully.

- Turkey produces almost all type lazer/GPS/INS guided smart munitions/miniature munitions.

- Turkey produces own air launched cruise missiles.
*SOM-A/B1/B2
*SOM-J
*SOM-ER

- Turkey develops own air to air missiles. The missiles will be ready in 2019.

-Turkey produces own aircraft pod systems as well.
*E/O pod called "AselPod"
*EW pod called "MehPod"
*SAR pod

- Turkey develops two AESA radars for fighters.
*F-16 AESA radar (2019)
*TF-X AESA radar (2023)

-Turkey invests serious amount of money on material technologies. There are three aircraft engine manufacturing facilities called Alp Aviation, KaleAero and TEI working for big scale projects like F-35 and mastered on Titanyum handling technologies on critical components. In additions, A new R&D center opened under a partnership agreement with Rolls&Royce. Turkish institutes are selected as global maintenance center of F-35 costumers.

Its because Turkey has best ENgineering universities , Therefore Prime minster NAwaz Sharif should start at least ten engineering universities across PUnjab.

Turkey should give Pak a visa free status as pak r muslims too, many Pak students r studding in Turkey .

Last edited:
Its because Turkey has best ENgineering universities , Therefore Prime minster NAwaz Sharif should start at least ten engineering universities across PUnjab.

Turkey should give Pak a visa free status as we r muslims too, many Pak students r studding in Turkey .
Jhon Smith is muslim? :o:

You forgot to mention Turkish IFF system and on board computers. :)

You can't do diddly on the Viper, without US approval.

What u wrote its not true and sheer misleading , Lockheed Martian r upgrading F16 in Turkey. ITs agreement between Pak and USA since time of purchased (either from USA or via third country what so ever case under US permission)!! bcz its very expensive to upgrade in USA, even USA air force do upgradation/overhaul of there jets in Turkey and other places that have cheap man power! Its pak corrupt media(taking bribe 4m NS) that r making us fool by re-reporting years old news at time of Nawaz Sharif personal visit

These F 16 air craft that r going under modernization in Turkey that r part of agreement with USA,
its USA Lockheed martian r doing for Pak at there factory in Turkey... Bcz Lockheed martin factory r now in Turkey not USA. Turkish govt can not decide 2 modernize Pak f 16 without USA Lockheed martin permission.
Again these F 16 r under modernization by US Lockheed martin with permission of USA in Turkey!!

Please help me understand how what I wrote was "Misleading". Turkey will do the upgrade, doesn't mean that Turkey, all of a sudden, has the ownership of the platform. In fact, if I am right in my understanding of the F-16 assembly line operating in Turkey, the Turks even have to run and get approval for their own F-16 upgrades. The overhaul and fixing is obviously all allowed. So when I write Turkey will do the upgrade, it is IMPLIED that the US administration has approved such upgrades and then LM has worked with Turkey on it and the defense contractors from LM are on the ground in Turkey as needed. This is a part of SOP's. So when I say Turkey is doing the upgrade, that automatically means the SOP's have been followed (which means all the above have taken place and completed).

But every-time there is a new project between two countries, symbolically, there is ALWAYS ribbon cutting. In this case, Pakistanis do save many millions by using Turkish facilities and their existing expertise in cases, so there is ALWAYS a ribbon cutting ceremony and a secondary contract beyond what's required for Turkey to start the work with LM.

Similarly, if I am running for some office and I am now say in a race for a Senator or Congressman or anything else, and I am throwing public speeches to get votes, it is implied that I've passed a serious background check as well as met the credentials and requirements for that seat I am seeking. I hope this helps.

Money is working like a cover for us , every time some try to ask Generals some questions they bring the money stuff, hell I never see a Poor Army , Navy or Air force Officer or technical staff , even I have a family friend that is on a Brigadier level and Mashallah he got which probably will take me 50 years to get by doing a 9 to 5 job in Pakistan ..

Hi,

Thank you---with their salaries and perks---and residences and properties---this is absolutely not a poor man's military---.

With a fleet of bullet proof luxury vehicles for the rank and file---housing complexes---etc etc etc----the term lack of money is an excuse for bad bad planning.

Seems that at least the HEW Suite failed against the Igla manpad and two pilots of the Turkish AH-1 were KIA.

At the first view Turkish technology sounds smart, but it has to proof in battle.
HEWS is self protection against radar guided missiles, not IR seekers found on MANPADS. IR and especially IIR are relatively tricky to deal with.

Similarly, if I am running for some office and I am now say in a race for a Senator or Congressman or anything else, and I am throwing public speeches to get votes, it is implied that I've passed a serious background check as well as met the credentials and requirements for that seat I am seeking. I hope this helps.

Hi,

So are you running for a seat somewhere?

Hi,

Thank you---with their salaries and perks---and residences and properties---this is absolutely not a poor man's military---.

With a fleet of bullet proof luxury vehicles for the rank and file---housing complexes---etc etc etc----the term lack of money is an excuse for bad bad planning.

Yup, I couldn't have put it better. That is the main issue.......these guys have a great lifestyle, why not allow the country to grow, specially with respect to the not dealing directly with Western and democratic systems like the US and the UK. Suit, suits and suits. No military generals please. And you'll get the results. The generals in Pakistan already enjoy a great lifestyle and that can continue but don't harm your foreign policy by trying to deal with people who don't want to deal with militaries beyond their needs!!

HEWS is self protection against radar guided missiles, not IR seekers found on MANPADS. IR and especially IIR are relatively tricky to deal with.

Do u know if Pak has protection in her helicopters against these surface-to-air missile, Usually there is no such protection shield do practically r working for helicopters or jet ... Watch that video and explain it. thanks

Caught on video: Shocking moment an attack helicopter is shot out of the sky by militant carrying a surface-to-air missile
Footage shows attack helicopter flying over mountains
But Kurdish militant uses huge missile to shoot it down
The helicopter explodes in mid-air after it has been hit

3432059600000578-0-image-a-30_1463314593295.jpg
A shocking video has shown the moment a Kurdish militant shot down an attack helicopter

3432058A00000578-0-image-a-31_1463314597609.jpg

The militant fired a surface-to-air missile at the helicopter, causing a huge explosion

The militant, dressed in camouflage, adjusts his aim before firing.

He counts down before shooting, causing a huge explosion.

The missile can then be seen racing towards the helicopter.

3432051E00000578-0-image-a-38_1463314658017.jpg

+5
The missile hits the helicopter, sending it spiralling to the ground

3432054E00000578-0-image-m-36_1463314627637.jpg

+5
3432052A00000578-0-image-a-37_1463314640664.jpg

+5

The helicopter then exploded as it hit the ground, causing a huge crash

It clips the back of it, sending it spiralling to the earth before exploding into pieces just before it hits the ground.

Back
Top Bottom