What's new

Turkey shoots down "Russian Jet" near border

Have you not seen the very clear pictures and video?

Just some tweets, there will be such rumors i don´t think that this situation will change really the Russian & Turkish relationship, for both are their economies actually more Important.

BTW the Helicopter:

451643-TurkeyandPakistanILLUSTRATIONJAMALKHURSHID-1350242180-100-640x480.jpg

For my pro russian muslim friends, have u forgot what russia did with chechyns and bosnians muslim in their own country and u think for them as saviors, they have jumped in Syria just to protect dictator asad who killed his own people that were not accepting him. I hate Russia as much i hate US for sponsoring ISIS. Just be with muslim's no need to look east or west just look above towards Allah and for his sake unite together against both these muslim enemies.

When there is no hostility between 2 countries, no I wouldn't. I would defenitely support shooting down a Saudi jet or American jet violating Iran's airspace, but not a Turkish one, since this is not how things are handled in the world. I would only support that if Turkey was openly showing hostility towards Iran, otherwise, it would only be escalating things quickly. There are much better ways to counter these incidents. Iran for example, stationed some Mig-29s and Tomcats in Tabriz in 90s and flew regular sorties near Turkish border and after that things cooled down, till now.

Shooting down a jet or killing 2 pilots in such conditions will not win a war for either side or defeating the other, it will just escalate things.

I don't expect you to condemn this incident, but you should accept, the nasty game Erdogan is playing in Syria by supporting terror groups for his own agenda is backfiring every single day, you won't agree with me now, but maybe in 10 years when you look back, you will definitely see it.
Its wrong for people to kill each other but when someone insults a nation's honor then they will get the response.

Right brother! This is what I expected from the millet which produced likes of M M Alam. You have bravely fought Russian invasion in Afghanistan. Believing pilots cool increases as the altitude is gained further.

Its funny to witness the outcome how members participating in this thread are discussing the destruction of Turkey. If Russia was to attack Turkey on a full frontal war, then a large majority of Muslims including Pakistan would defend it.

US officials saying that indications Russia jet was in Turkish airspace only for a few seconds

— Alistair Bunkall (@AliBunkallSKY) November 24, 2015

1979–1988 Soviet-Afghan War
Main articles: Soviet war in Afghanistan, Soviet-Afghan War and Air Force Strategic Command (Pakistan)
In 1979, the PAF's Chief of Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal Anwar Shamim, was told by then President, and Chief of Army Staff General Zia-ul-Haq, that Pakistan had reliable intels on Indian plans to attack and destroy the Pakistan's nuclear research facilities at Kahuta. ACM Shamim told General Zia that, "Indian aircraft could reach the area in 3 minutes whereas the PAF would take 8 minutes, allowing the Indians to attack the facility and return before the PAF could defend it". Because Kahuta was close to the Indian border it was decided that the best way to deter an Indian attack would be to procure new advanced fighters and weaponry. These could be used to mount a retaliatory attack on India's nuclear research facilities at Trombay in the event of an Indian attack on Kahuta. It was decided the most suitable aircraft would be the F-16 Fighting Falcon, which the United States eventually agreed to supply after the PAF refused to purchase the F-5E and F-5G. In 1983, when the first batch of F-16s reached Pakistan, ACM Shamim informed Zia of the PAF's capability to respond to an attack on the nuclear research facilities at Kahuta.[33][34]

A letter of agreement for up to 28 F-16A's and 12 F-16B's was signed December 1981. The contracts, Peace Gate I and Peace Gate II, were for 6 and 34 Block 15 models respectively which would be powered by the F100-PW-200 engine. The fist Peace Gate I aircraft was accepted at Fort Worth in October 1982. Two F-16A and four F-16B were delivered to Pakistan in 1983, the first F-16 arriving at PAF Base Sargodha (now known as PAF Base Mushaf) on 15 January 1983 flown by Squadron Leader Shahid Javed. The 34 remaining Peace Gate II aircraft were delivered between 1983 and 1987.[35][36]

Between May 1986 and November 1988,[37] PAF F-16s have shot down at least eight intruders from Afghanistan. The first three of these (one Su-22, one probable Su-22, and one An-26) were shot down by two pilots from No. 9 Squadron. Pilots of No. 14 Squadron destroyed the remaining five intruders (two Su-22s, two MiG-23s, and one Su-25).[38]Most of these kills were by the AIM-9 Sidewinder, but at least one (a Su-22) was destroyed by cannon fire. Flight Lieutenant Khalid Mahmoud is credited with three of these kills. One F-16 was lost in these battles during an encounter between two F-16s and four Soviet Air Force MiG 23s on 29 April 1987. The pilot, Flight Lieutenant Shahid Sikandar Khan, ejected safely.[39]

The PAF is believed to have evaluated the Dassault Mirage 2000 in early 1981 and was planning to evaluate the F-16 Fighting Falcon afterwards.[40]

Pakistan shot down many Russian planes back in Afghan war, Russia can't do anything.
Long Live Turkey

The real crime is using an ethnic group as a proxy force to further your own interests.

You have no leg to stand on since the financing of Hezbollah and the role of the Revolutionary Guards in Syria, have been used to further the interests of Iran, therefore stop your moral preaching because its nauseating.

When there is no hostility between 2 countries, no I wouldn't. I would defenitely support shooting down a Saudi jet or American jet violating Iran's airspace, but not a Turkish one, since this is not how things are handled in the world. I would only support that if Turkey was openly showing hostility towards Iran, otherwise, it would only be escalating things quickly. There are much better ways to counter these incidents. Iran for example, stationed some Mig-29s and Tomcats in Tabriz in 90s and flew regular sorties near Turkish border and after that things cooled down, till now.

Shooting down a jet or killing 2 pilots in such conditions will not win a war for either side or defeating the other, it will just escalate things.

I don't expect you to condemn this incident, but you should accept, the nasty game Erdogan is playing in Syria by supporting terror groups for his own agenda is backfiring every single day, you won't agree with me now, but maybe in 10 years when you look back, you will definitely see it.
Everyone should know by now that Turkey changed the RoE on Syrian border, keep your jets on your side and everything will be fine.

Its funny to witness the outcome how members participating in this thread are discussing the destruction of Turkey. If Russia was to attack Turkey on a full frontal war, then a large majority of Muslims including Pakistan would defend it.

Pakistan stand with Turkey and we should help defend Turkey. We did not send troops to Yemen and Syria but we must send them to Turkey. Any attack on Turkey would not be tolerated. Pakistan must coordinate with NATO to take action if there are any threats against Turkey. Russia also shot down a Turkish F-4 last year.

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom