What's new

Turkey blocks Twitter, after Erdoğan vowed 'eradication'

As some might know here, i support Akp, yet i know they have their big share of mistakes too. What i notice is that Erdogan is acting really strange nowadays.some of his remarks in the last few weeks such as about Gulen's movement being worse than Shia, which is a clear insult, and also closing down of such sites and platforms is plain wrong. Erdogan is becoming too paranoid and his decisions show it. I'd like to see Erdogan being replaced by Abdullah Gul, who is more realistic and down to earth.

Erdogan is becoming too paranoid and his decisions show it. I'd like to see Erdogan being replaced by Abdullah Gul, who is more realistic and down to earth.
I also would appreciate it but only if Erdogan goes in retirement because even if Gül was PM Erdogan would control him if he stays active.

Nobody wants a coup, we are just sick of people defending him no matter what he does, this is a big threat for democracy in Turkey.

Erdogan will do whatever he wants only because people like you dont dare to talk against him when he does something bad.

no i critisize tayyip sometimes but i think anymore tayyip should cooperate with secular people and understand their feelings this country is all of us tayyip is good leader but he is losing feelings some matters such as syria and gezi protests thats way he is fallow a new policy toward our secular people:cheers:

As some might know here, i support Akp, yet i know they have their big share of mistakes too. What i notice is that Erdogan is acting really strange nowadays.some of his remarks in the last few weeks such as about Gulen's movement being worse than Shia, which is a clear insult, and also closing down of such sites and platforms is plain wrong. Erdogan is becoming too paranoid and his decisions show it. I'd like to see Erdogan being replaced by Abdullah Gul, who is more realistic and down to earth.

Do you know how Azeri Turks felt when Erdogan said Gülen is worse then Shia? Erdogan became retarded and lost his touch to reality he thinks he is the Sultan.
Turkey is home to all Turkics but as a Karaim or as an Ahiska its almost impossible to like/love Turkey at this point

Good. DEFEAT him through elections. Thats what I'm saying.

Don't make your country another Egypt....

Street agitation will only hurt Turkey, no?

Btw, what part do you support if not AKP?

MHP? CHP?

Honestly, isn't AKP better than these two?
It is not about supporting another political party,Erdogans so called economic achievements(the Turkish currency lost 1/3 of its value in 4 months),foreighn policy(zero problem with which neighbour?),corruption scandals(phone calls between him and his son,other ministers sons involved in money laundry),freedom restrictions(twitter,soon facebook ,google)and many more failures are the reasons for people not wanting him.
We could never be another Egypt,we are not Arabs.

no i critisize tayyip sometimes but i think anymore tayyip should cooperate with secular people and understand their feelings this country is all of us tayyip is good leader but he is losing feelings some matters such as syria and gezi protests thats way he is fallow a new policy toward our secular people:cheers:
Well maybe you critisize him even though we didnt seen it yet, but many AKP voters follow him blindly and defend every single action of him.
Tayyip became paranoid he lost the connection to reality, just listen to his last speeches nothing rational comes out, its time for his retirement.

Not a good move by Erdogan. It shows panic. By doing such things, he is giving ammunition to the opposition.

This coming so soon after Berkin Elvan Ölümsüzdür death can galvanize opposition. Still, Gezi park protests were not that far away in the past.

Not a good move by Erdogan. It shows panic. By doing such things, he is giving ammunition to the opposition.

This coming so soon after Berkin Elvan Ölümsüzdür death can galvanize opposition. Still, Gezi park protests were not that far away in the past.
Could be that he wants to lose,after all the future perspectives dont look that good.
Why else would you make such a dumb move before the elections?

@hussain0216

And he does not interfere in people lifes ? god he even thinks he can interfere in people's private life, few months ago, he was trying to interfere in unmarried people living together.

We're aware of the past mistakes, but they're past, what we focus on is current period.

Could be that he wants to lose,after all the future perspectives dont look that good.
Why else would you make such a dumb move before the elections?

Back of his mind, he might be thinking that he is going to lose. Although I heard his numbers were good and he would have won although with smaller majority.

Its the insecurity. I saw this in Musharraf's actions too in 2007 in Pakistan. He was quite popular then. When he saw slight opposition, he panicked which resulted in his downfall in 2008.

As outsider, I see that Erdogan and his rule has done wonderful things for Turkey. Be it him or someone else, I wish Turkey keeps going on its upward trajectory.

As outsider, I see that Erdogan and his rule has done wonderful things for Turkey. Be it him or someone else, I wish Turkey keeps going on its upward trajectory.
Akp has also done good things no doubt about it but the future of Turkish economy doesnt look bright, S&P downgraded Turkey, Lira is still going downwards, the economic growth slowed down in the last years.

Akp has also done good things no doubt about it but the future of Turkish economy doesnt look bright, S&P downgraded Turkey, Lira is still going downwards, the economic growth slowed down in the last years.

This is partly because of what crazy nuts are doing on the street, things like gezi park protests hurt the economy and hurt investor confidence, its not as bad as Egyptians who have plunged into military rule to keep a party out buts the same kind of thing

@hussain0216

And he does not interfere in people lifes ? god he even thinks he can interfere in people's private life, few months ago, he was trying to interfere in unmarried people living together.

We're aware of the past mistakes, but they're past, what we focus on is current period.

All your saying is that it was ok for secular parties to interfere in turkish muslim lives for decades and its an outrage that a more islamic leaning party even suggests anything to liberal turks about their lives. Its just hypocricy

All your saying is that it was ok for secular parties to interfere in turkish muslim lives for decades and its an outrage that a more islamic leaning party even suggests anything to liberal turks about their lives. Its just hypocricy

Thats a very good point :) :)

What hypocrisy ? can't you read ,I told you we're aware of the past mistakes(which have nothing us, most of us were either child or not alive) but whats happened in the past is past, what matters to us is today.

Just because someone done nutty things in the past doesn't means we can't wish for a better future.

Back
Top Bottom