What's new

Tribute to Language movement

I want my Bengali friends to note down that URDU was chosen as the national language because of one factor.

• It doesn't represent an 'ethnic community'. Urdu belongs to everyone yet its not an ethnic language. Qaid-e-Azam made this decision to make sure that no province of the State of (United) Pakistan claims that their language is being discriminated against because another ethnic language became the national language.

In Pakistan today, there are 5 major languages, Pashto, Punjabi, Sindhi, Balochi, Urdu - Urdu being the national language is spoken/understood or both by almost all Pakistanis.

It was picked to provide a single language all people of Pakistan could use without discriminating each other, so over time in a 100 years a sense of common nationhood could be created. Urdu as a national language forms the first block of the Pakistani identity, so everyone could be equal.

Whom are you kidding? We have too many ignorant, delusional and very confused people. I called them half baked bigot. They also think Islamabad was build with Jute money yet question comes in mind:

How Pakistan survived without East Pakistan so called "Jute money"?
What ever happen to so called golden fiber Jute in 2014?

We guys are 1000% better of without Bd. Go and reach height while we sort out the argument on "71" nonsense. We deserve nothing but Lanat.

In 1952 4 people died and we built Shaheed Minars for them (note both are Arabic loan words) and now everyday more than 4 becomes shaheeds but there is no minar for them.

Shahadat is pure Islamic concept. I don't think some one will be granted shahadat because he died for language or breaking up Muslim nation in half. If anything, they will receive Lanat.

Shaheed minar should be renamed to "lanat minar". Bloody delusional fools.

Whom are you kidding? We have too many ignorant, delusional and very confused people. I called them half baked bigot. They also think Islamabad was build with Jute money yet question comes in mind:

How Pakistan survived without East Pakistan so called "Jute money"?
What ever happen to so called golden fiber Jute in 2014?

We guys are 1000% better of without Bd. Go and reach height while we sort out the argument on "71" nonsense. We deserve nothing but Lanat.

We wish you and your nation peace and prosperity. There is no opposition to Bangladesh in Pakistan, nor my people hate you for anything. In Pakistan only thing that exists is regret and that we could have prevented the situation by being fair.

These myths about Jute and everything were soviet style propaganda created by our enemies who didn't want the largest Muslim country to surround them from two sides. West Pakistan was and still is an agricultural powerhouse. Allah has blessed us with lands that produce gold.

Shahadat is pure Islamic concept. I don't think some one will be granted shahadat because he died for language or breaking up Muslim nation in half. If anything, they will receive Lanat.

Shaheed minar should be renamed to "lanat minar". Bloody delusional fools.

Its funny how politicians claim 'shahadat', we have a few Bhutto 'Shuhada' too here.

Why did Pakistan impose Urdu as their national language, when it was not even the native language in either of the Wast or West wing of the country? Urdu was/is the native language of people from around Delhi & Deccan Hyderabad.
By numbers, Bengali is was the largest native language in united Pakistan and Punjabi is the largest native language in present day Pakistan..

Yes, defiantly. Your whole wheat ATTA and long grain Basmati rice is the best. :)

We are now a large textile producing country, small & medium enterprises in engineering and software are mushrooming slowly. With the Chinese Pakistan transit corridor about 16 industrial zones will be established, with heavy manufacturing picking up pace. Pakistan i hope will soon be back on its path of industrialization which we stopped in the 90s.

Why did Pakistan impose Urdu as their national language, when it was not even the native language in either of the Wast or West wing of the country? Urdu was/is the native language of people from around Delhi & Deccan Hyderabad.
By numbers, Bengali is was the largest native language in united Pakistan and Punjabi is the largest native language in present day Pakistan..

Read my above post on the first page....don't start bombing the keyboard before reading whats going on.

I want my Bengali friends to note down that URDU was chosen as the national language because of one factor.

• It doesn't represent an 'ethnic community'. Urdu belongs to everyone yet its not an ethnic language. Qaid-e-Azam made this decision to make sure that no province of the State of (United) Pakistan claims that their language is being discriminated against because another ethnic language became the national language.

In Pakistan today, there are 5 major languages, Pashto, Punjabi, Sindhi, Balochi, Urdu - Urdu being the national language is spoken/understood or both by almost all Pakistanis.

It was picked to provide a single language all people of Pakistan could use without discriminating each other, so over time in a 100 years a sense of common nationhood could be created. Urdu as a national language forms the first block of the Pakistani identity, so everyone could be equal.
What would happen to the regional languages like Bengali, Sindhi, Punjabi etc. which have centuries of rich history and culture? Why should a foreign language be promoted at the cost of the native languages?

What would happen to the regional languages like Bengali, Sindhi, Punjabi etc. which have centuries of rich history and culture? Why should a foreign language be promoted at the cost of the native languages?

They are all recognized languages. Urdu was made national language for the reason i explained above.

If I am not mistaken, most Muslims all over the work have Quranic names. So it's not a Bangladeshi thing specifically.
Its an instrument of Arab imperialism...

They are all recognized languages. Urdu was made national language for the reason i explained above.
So, why was language of the Mohajirs, and not the Bengalis, chosen as the the national language of united Pakistan? More than 50% of Pakistani's were already speaking Bengali at Pakistan's creation. So, instead of making 99% of the population a new langauge, only less than 50% would have to learn a new language.

Last edited:
Its an instrument of Arab imperialism...

More like your stupidity. If Hindus have names from Hinduism, Christians have names from the Bible, Jews have names from the Torah, Muslims will have names from the Quran. Try to use that top floor you have.

So, why was language of the Mohajirs, and not the Bengalis, chosen as the the national language of united Pakistan? More than 50% of Pakistani's were already speaking Bengali at Pakistan's creation. So, instead of making 99% of the population a new langauge, only less than 50% would have to learn a new language.

Urdu is not the language of 'Mohajirs'. Do you even know what Mohajir means?
Go educate yourself, don't waste my time.

More like your stupidity. If Hindus have names from Hinduism, Christians have names from the Bible, Jews have names from the Torah, Muslims will have names from the Quran. Try to use that top floor you have.

why couldn't a regional language have the same status as a (or the) subcontinental general language? the answer is right there in the question. i still tried to address it a number of times before

why do bangladeshis got arabic/persian names, istead of bengali names. @BDforever
arabi-farsi names ARE bengali names

Yes and bengalis ARE Arab, Persian, Turks, Afghans etc etc, basically anything but Bengali.
maybe the term "Bengali" to Calcutta people means native non-muslim people from pre-Islamic Bengal and it has more of a purist-Hindu cultural connotation. to a Muslim, it has had more of a flexible geographic connotation. for example there are people using Urdu as first language and would consider themselves Bengalis - not the kind of 'Bengali' Calcutta babus know but the ones Muslims IN Bengal do. maybe that's why at least in Bengal, a Muslim was always considered Muslim and a non-Muslim/Hindu as a Bengali

Wrong.. Most Hindu Indian's have Indian names derived from Indian languages. Some Hindu names are associated with Hindu mythological figures.
Not all Christian names are derived from Biblical name. Ex. William is not a Biblical figure.. So does Tom, Dick & Harry or Jane or Ann etc. They are European names. So do the Jews, not all of them have names derived from Torah. Ex. Albert Einstein, Alan Greenspan, Elizabeth Taylor, Niels Bohr etc...

I suppose that term applies to mostly Urdu speaking immigrants from Northern & Central India to West Pakistan during and after partition.

Wrong.. Most Hindu Indian's have Indian names derived from Indian languages. Some Hindu names are associated with Hindu mythological figures.
Not all Christian names are derived from Biblical name. Ex. William is not a Biblical figure.. So does Tom, Dick & Harry or Jane or Ann etc. They are European names. So do the Jews, not all of them have names derived from Torah. Ex. Albert Einstein, Alan Greenspan, Elizabeth Taylor, Niels Bohr etc...

That exactly my point was to allow you to answer your own question, so you can stop trolling.

I suppose that term applies to mostly Urdu speaking immigrants from Northern & Central India to West Pakistan during and after partition.

Mohajir just means a migrant, we use it for Afghans as well. You are an Indian Mohajir in Malaysia, if it makes sense.

Now get back to topic!

Read my above post on the first page....don't start bombing the keyboard before reading whats going on.

Notice that we Bangladeshi-Pakistani get along just fine and get ahead for betterment of people however it's unfortunate that Indians will not leave us alone. If they leave us alone then half of our problems will be solve instantly and rest will fall in place automatically.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom