What's new

Tribute to Language movement

1.Poet Alaol of Arakan is the first known poet in Bangla.Alaol was an artillery gen in the service of the Sultan of Arakan. He used the Persian script. More than 200 years later English Co's clerk Kerry introduced the modern Bangla script. The English then were trying all measures to befriend/promote the Hindus, and Muslims were then the joint target of Hindus and the English.

2.During the so called Bengal Renaissance, Bengalee Muslims were totally absent from the media,elite class and the intelligentsia of Calcutta. Bengalee Muslims were literally barred from publishing by the Babus of Calcutta. This changed with the appearance of BD's national poet Nazrul. Nazrul was greatly supported by the rising Muslim elite led by Sher e Bangla Fazlul Huq. No wonder there has always been a suspicion that the jealous Hindus had muted this great rebel poet by drugging him. Since 1947 Bengalee Muslim writers/poets have taken the language to new heights overshadowing the preponderance of Hindu culture that had been introduced by the Calcutta writers.

3. Urdu had flourished in the Bengal Presidency which had included Bihar. Till quite late in Britsh rule Persian was the official/court language of Bengal.Urdu was the language used by the Bengalee Muslim educated/elite class. Although Urdu has been scrapped in BD, and I emphasize,for political reasons, it remains one of the two state languages of P/bangla. Urdu used to be and continues to be the common language of S Asian Muslims.

4. Bangla is a great language and a major language of the world. Urdu has it's own place. There can be no conflict among languages, only among political expedients. One in every five Muslims speaks Bangla.

Do you mean Syloti or Tagoreized Bengali? :coffee:

Do you go to so called "shaheed Minar" to pay tribute with flower? :what:

I believe it's haram. :undecided:

Sylheti bro, purely because in the UK the other South Asian's do not understand us so we kind of have our own 'clique' if you want to call it that whereas the Pakistanis and Indians can exchange words with each other. Also Sylheti is a perfect comedy language :laugh:

People in general can't figure out what language we're speaking, so it's a bonus when we're out in public we can drop a few Sylheti lines which baffles everyone lol.

No I don't go to the Shaheed Minar, although there is one in my area of London in Altab Ali park, but no one really notices that it is there. On that note, the Awami Leaguers in London are few and when the Bangla Spring period occurred many were confronted but they agreed with us with everything, especially the hijab incident that Bangladesh minister Shawkat Ali released so it was obvious they weren't hardcore Awami leaguers, don't think I've ever met a hardcore Awami Leaguer in my life except for seeing it on TV.

1.Poet Alaol of Arakan is the first known poet in Bangla.Alaol was an artillery gen in the service of the Sultan of Arakan. He used the Persian script. More than 200 years later English Co's clerk Kerry introduced the modern Bangla script. The English then were trying all measures to befriend/promote the Hindus, and Muslims were then the joint target of Hindus and the English.

2.During the so called Bengal Renaissance, Bengalee Muslims were totally absent from the media,elite class and the intelligentsia of Calcutta. Bengalee Muslims were literally barred from publishing by the Babus of Calcutta. This changed with the appearance of BD's national poet Nazrul. Nazrul was greatly supported by the rising Muslim elite led by Sher e Bangla Fazlul Huq. No wonder there has always been a suspicion that the jealous Hindus had muted this great rebel poet by drugging him. Since 1947 Bengalee Muslim writers/poets have taken the language to new heights overshadowing the preponderance of Hindu culture that had been introduced by the Calcutta writers.

3. Urdu had flourished in the Bengal Presidency which had included Bihar. Till quite late in Britsh rule Persian was the official/court language of Bengal.Urdu was the language used by the Bengalee Muslim educated/elite class. Although Urdu has been scrapped in BD, and I emphasize,for political reasons, it remains one of the two state languages of P/bangla. Urdu used to be and continues to be the common language of S Asian Muslims.

4. Bangla is a great language and a major language of the world. Urdu has it's own place. There can be no conflict among languages, only among political expedients. One in every five Muslims speaks Bangla.

Bhai I'm very curious about folk music in Bangladesh Baul gan and it's origins? Where did it come from etc.

Punjab was the only province where British didn't promote the native Punjabi language, instead introduced Urdu thus Urdu was already established in North-West(West Pakistan) by 1947. In rest of India, native languages were promoted so Bengali was in Bengal and when independence came the language division between East and West Pakistan came in open.

lol... british didnt promote punjabi in punjab n urdu was already established Pak ... :rofl:
I wonder wtf happened in indian punjab... they being closer the the british raj capital delhi were immune...

Calm down with the nonsense indic the troll.

Hold your horses
After seperation of eastern wing Pakistani economy got doomed if we exlude Afghan war era & early WoT when US aid pounding in Pakistan.
Pakistan once Asia's one of fastest growing economy is currently on the floor.
Bangladesh current forex reserve is more than double of Pakistan despite recent turmoil.
Now say, Hail Hasina !

lmao at "turmoil" ... while Pak is fighting a war... what a fucking logic.. funny still we are better when it comes to alot of other things including poverty etc than even your india.

Hold your horses
After seperation of eastern wing Pakistani economy got doomed if we exlude Afghan war era & early WoT when US aid pounding in Pakistan.
Pakistan once Asia's one of fastest growing economy is currently on the floor.
Bangladesh current forex reserve is more than double of Pakistan despite recent turmoil.
Now say, Hail Hasina !

lmao at "turmoil" ... while Pak is fighting a war... what a fucking logic.. funny still we are better when it comes to alot of other things including poverty etc than even your india.

lol... british didnt promote punjabi in punjab n urdu was already established Pak ... :rofl:
I wonder wtf happened in indian punjab... they being closer the the british raj capital delhi were immune...

Calm down with the nonsense indic the troll.

I had mentioned Punjabi Muslims took Urdu in preference to Punjabi for the cause of Muslims nationalism making Lahore as the centre of Urdu literature while Bengali Muslims showed no love for Urdu. When Pakistan was created, the language divide came wide open.

I had mentioned Punjabi Muslims took Urdu in preference to Punjabi for the cause of Muslims nationalism making Lahore as the centre of Urdu literature while Bengali Muslims showed no love for Urdu. When Pakistan was created, the language divide came wide open.

In other thread you @##$ about Lahore "city" being dominated by hindu,sikh trader and now this..

:rofl:

Atleast stick to 1 statement.. instead of brainfarting everywhere with whatever (selfmade facts)..to suite your bakwas..

In other thread you @##$ about Lahore "city" being dominated by hindu,sikh trader and now this..

:rofl:

Atleast stick to 1 statement.. instead of brainfarting everywhere with whatever (selfmade facts)..to suite your bakwas..

Both are true, koi shak. :girl_wacko:

Happy Bengali Language Movement Day. :D Its celebrated by all countries in the world including PAKISTAN as International Mother Language Day. See, the power of Bengalis. :yahoo:

1_53744.jpg

Happy Bengali Language Movement Day. :D Its celebrated by all countries in the world including PAKISTAN as International Mother Language Day. See, the power of Bengalis. :yahoo:
Pakistan does not gives a rat's arse to your language ! why the heck do you bring Pakistan in every damn posts of yours

@WebMaster @Aeronaut @Manticore
please take note
this guy brings Pakistan in every posts of his, its like a sick obsession please check his posts he almost always needlessly pokes Pakistan one way or the other in every damn posts of his

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom