What's new

Travelling to the forbidden land — A Pakistani in Israel

Refugees were the only similarity but difference is refugees make up an absolute majority of your population those with refugee roots are at best 20% of Pakistan
Good. Keep going.

Media's at work to normalize relations with israel :)

Another step...

First war games & now this !
Don't you worry these kind of elements are found in every society and they can just make noise but vast majority of Pakistanis will never accept it. The closest attempt was by Musharraf and he failed miserably.

Last edited:
Whereas in Israel the Arabs are 20%+ of the population, and their number in absolute terms has gone up, along with the increase in Jewish population.

The increase in Arabs has more to do with increase of Israeli territory.

The increase in Arabs has more to do with increase of Israeli territory.
The statistical area definition changes are complicated, but the difference is maybe 15% of the Arab population - we're talking 17%+ rather than 20%+ of the Israeli populace - and thus does not affect the point: that non-Jewish Arab populations have continued to grow and even thrive (as the author reported) in Israel.

The statistical area definition changes are complicated, but the difference is maybe 15% of the Arab population - we're talking 17%+ rather than 20%+ of the Israeli populace - and thus does not affect the point: that non-Jewish Arab populations have continued to grow and even thrive (as the author reported) in Israel.

Muslim's tend to have more children, so the population would naturally increase because of this, and because of illegal occupation of the West Bank.

Muslim's tend to have more children, so the population would naturally increase because of this -
Uh-huh.

...and because of illegal occupation of the West Bank.
The Jordanian occupation of what it calls "the West Bank" from 1947-67 was illegal under the Mandate and was recognized as such by all except Britain. Where can you point and say Israel's occupation of the area is not legal? Remember, you can't cite U.N. resolutions, either the G.A. or S.C., because under Article 80 of the U.N. Charter any such declaration they make is not legal.

Uh-huh.

The Jordanian occupation of what it calls "the West Bank" from 1947-67 was illegal under the Mandate and was recognized as such by all except Britain. Where can you point and say Israel's occupation of the area is not legal? Remember, you can't cite U.N. resolutions, either the G.A. or S.C., because under Article 80 of the U.N. Charter any such declaration they make is not legal.

Israel's occupation might not be illegal, you caught me there but it is immoral. The West Bank belongs to the Palestinians, you can't just steal their land and then cry when they start to fight back.

Israel's occupation might not be illegal, you caught me there but it is immoral. The West Bank belongs to the Palestinians, you can't just steal their land and then cry when they start to fight back.
By "Palestinians" you are only talking about the Palestinian Arabs, correct? What about the Palestinian Jews? (Until 1965 or so, Palestinian actually meant "Jew living in Palestine" and the Arabs there were simply referred to as "Arabs".) What rights did the Jews have to their property in Jordan, Iraq, Syria, etc? What happened to it?

And did the Jews really "steal" Palestinian Arab land? Did you ever question the narrative you grew up with?

The Israel-Muslim dispute is a creation of western powers. The British and French did things in such a way that Jews and Muslims would forever be enemies. If they were committed and sincere to Jews they would have formed Israel in Europe as Nazis were from Europe as were past Christian Kings who abused the jews. Instead they gave the jews a land far away and forever embittered muslims and jews. How could muslims accept the fact that a land that had belonged to them since 1000+ years be given to the jews?

Historically muslims and jews have worked together, from Islamic Spain to Indonesia. I hope relations improve between us though I have to admit Israel does not treat palestinians well. But most countries treat occupied people the same way and muslims have too, for example south sudan.

By "Palestinians" you are only talking about the Palestinian Arabs, correct? What about the Palestinian Jews? (Until 1965 or so, Palestinian actually meant "Jew living in Palestine" and the Arabs there were simply referred to as "Arabs".) What rights did the Jews have to their property in Jordan, Iraq, Syria, etc? What happened to it?

And did the Jews really "steal" Palestinian Arab land? Did you ever question the narrative you grew up with?

Palestinian Jews can share under a Palestinian state, not an Israeli state where the Jews are given superior rights. The Jews are currently stealing land from the West Bank, as they are no longer Palestinian, they are Israeli. The West Bank belongs to Palestine. I won't question this narrative because it makes sense to me, I only question what makes no sense.

Solomon as usual has his butt linked to Israel in such a way that it is extremely painful to pull away. US is a tyrannical country, responsible for creating the rift and then supporting their baby in every way possible. Anyone who challenges him becomes a victim of the state narrative. Nothing can be done for him to see things logically.

yar let us do exercise with israel its no harm or etc...because just think out of the box.And i am smelling the aroma of ICBM coming from the kitchen :pleasantry:

The Israel-Muslim dispute is a creation of western powers. The British and French did things in such a way that Jews and Muslims would forever be enemies.
Probably.

If they were committed and sincere to Jews they would have formed Israel in Europe as Nazis were from Europe as were past Christian Kings who abused the jews.
OH, so Muslim abuse of Jews never happened or is to be ignored? In any case, the Palestine Mandate was made in the 1920s, after WWI, and years before the Nazis rose to power.

Instead they gave the jews a land far away and forever embittered muslims and jews. How could muslims accept the fact that a land that had belonged to them since 1000+ years be given to the jews?
Did it ever occur to you this story you espouse is all cocked up?.Jews started returning when Palestine was still under Ottoman rule. Large-scale unrest began very shortly after the British started ruling the area. While the Ottomans at this time strove for inclusivity, even of minorities, the British practice - as South Asians should well know - was to poise different peoples at each others' throats so the British presence would be seen by their new subject peoples as preferable to doing without them. As made clear from the news stories at the time, the Arabs were whipped to violence against the Jews by British-appointed leaders, deadly riots which the British authorities refrained from stopping until many Jews were killed, or Arab unrest threatened British domination.

Palestinian Jews can share under a Palestinian state, not an Israeli state where the Jews are given superior rights. The Jews are currently stealing land from the West Bank, as they are no longer Palestinian, they are Israeli. The West Bank belongs to Palestine. I won't question this narrative because it makes sense to me, I only question what makes no sense.
Read the terms of the Mandate of Palestine. Do you understand now "what makes sense"?

Read the terms of the Mandate of Palestine. Do you understand now "what makes sense"?

What makes sense is that the foreign Jews cannot simply make their own state in Palestine for no reason. They were oppressed by Germany, instead of running away they should have made their state in Germany. Why should the Arabs pay for Germany's mistakes?

Back
Top Bottom