What's new

"Training in Pakistan was better than that in USA" tells Iranian fighter pilot

Real Iranian aerial supremacy came from training on F-4E and F-14 with Americans at 8 USAF airbases .... At one point there were some 70-80 Iranian fighter pilots constantly training in dogfighting, CAP with USAF.

result ....

Just the IRIAF F-14A scored 159 kills on the Iraqi airforce (Mig-25/23, Mirage-F1EQ mostly) while losing just 3 aircraft of their own one of which was a case of friendly fire.

Iran is the only country in the world to have Ace of Aces on 4.0 Generation aircraft with Long-range BVR. Just the top three IRIAF F-14A pilots shared some 32 kills between them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Iranian_aerial_victories_during_the_Iran%E2%80%93Iraq_war

Jalil_Zandi_1976.jpg

asadbadassblog-1.png

f0bgm6WJt43_PLkkaUR4rvHAhlAa14qkspheq4GbXu8.jpg

brings tears to the eyes ....
Imagine if F-14 was in PAF's hands back then, armed with Aim-54. The F-104 had already created a lot of stir in IAF. No wonder F-16's with Aim-120 loadout give nightmares to IAF.

You are in hubris.

Are you new here?

Yes, Hezbollah defeated Israel in a war on the ground in 2006. Israel was also under substantial international pressure to "give up."

It is rather important to understand that Israel have learned much from war with Hezbollah and developed impressive technologies including Trophy APS to intercept ATGMs and Iron Dome to intercept rockets. Not long ago, Hamas unleashed greater number of rockets on Israel than Hezbollah ever did and Iron Dome blunted much of the attack and prevented much damage to Israeli infrastructure by extension. Israel also have demonstrated the ability to strike anywhere in Syria even though Syrian A2/AD systems are rebuild and extensive with a mix of Russian and Chinese technologies. Point is that Israel is learning and getting better in the end.

WE live in times in which people have access to considerable levels of information. I have a fairly good idea of what happened in Afghanistan.

Yes, thousands of US/NATO troops have died in Afghanistan (casualties are well-documented) because Afghan Taliban and the sort adopted asymmetric methods to fight them. They observed movement(s) of convoys, planted IEDs in pathways to blow up vehicles, conducted suicide attacks, and used terrain to their advantage in battles. They took cues from Iraqi insurgency tactics to fight US/NATO and ANA in fact.

This much was expected.

But do tell me if any country can fight a war in a landlocked country the way it wants to?

Short answer: NO.

Pakistan had its interests to preserve in the region and chose to save Afghan Taliban.

Still, war in Afghanistan lasted 20 years and it was concluded through negotiations. US/NATO managed to dismantle Al-Qaeda Network (primary target and objective) and Afghan Taliban accepted their condition for not allowing Afghan soil to be used against them.

Now the thing is this: Afghan Taliban and TTP support each other and Pakistan have to deal with both. I see nothing to rejoice in this matter.

Who won or lost in Afghanistan is useless argument, therefore.

interesting...

but PAF pilots own IAF pilots (both)....

THE END.

So you're telling me they couldn't find any seriously motivated people from all the Saudis?

he may be exaggerting a bit.. but based on info from people deputation in GCC airforces, it sounds like them.

Not exactly. OP is about 1960s to early 70s. That time Iranian airforce was constantly having exchange programs with USAF, RAF, IAF, TuAF, PAF (Anti-Soviet block).

Most of the F-14A pilots however never engaged with any other airforce in the world other than USAF for training on these jets. At the time of the revolution, there were some 70 pilots at 8 airbases in US. That crop of pilots later went on to create history against Baathist Arabs with an almost unrealistic amount of aerial kills.

going up against tinker bell pilots is no big deal...it is like Pakistan cricket team beating New Zealand in the 1980s... some commentators stated the score should not have been kept.

go up against a well trained airforce with more and better planes like PAF does v IAF then talk.

so if we have F-35 alike we would destroy IDAF? that's how you are taught?

you seems yearning for it. ask your comrades bring you with them to let you see how they are smashed.
Pretty much. F-35s are stealthy to the point they could enter a guaranteed hit zone with its standoff missiles without being detected.

interesting...

but PAF pilots own IAF pilots (both)....

THE END.

he may be exaggerting a bit.. but based on info from people deputation in GCC airforces, it sounds like them.

going up against tinker bell pilots is no big deal...it is like Pakistan cricket team beating New Zealand in the 1980s... some commentators stated the score should not have been kept.

go up against a well trained airforce with more and better planes like PAF does v IAF then talk.

Why would I need to exaggerate? My father had shared this story with me and he really doesn't hold any bias towards Arabs. He's a pretty fact of the matter type of guy.

Tested where? I am not talking about excercises lmao. Real battle.
F-15s have been proven in battles and wars in air to air combat and it got destroyed by the F-35 in exercises. Sure its just exercises but they make it real as possible.

Back
Top Bottom