What's new

"Training in Pakistan was better than that in USA" tells Iranian fighter pilot

Lol a single squadron of F-35s would destroy the entire PAF.

You misunderstood his post.

You also derailed this thread with your stupid mindset.

live in denial... middle easterners excel in that

again.. time and time again it the application of power that matters the most.

you lost in lebo land, your indian pals could not bomb straight , and your ATM , USA got it's arse kicked in A-stan

go figure.

Your hubris is utterly misplaced.

Do you think our combat record is flawless? Do you think WE achieved much in a war on our own? Not even close. Try to be humble in person and realistic in your expectations.

Fact of the matter is that every country have something to learn from a war.

Israel have had its limitations but it is becoming capable with advanced technologies.

American troops humbled Afghans in any battle (events are well-documented) but USA and Pakistan have had an understanding in regards to Afghanistan:

Food for thought for you to decide who won in Afghanistan.

American military performance is much better apparent in Iraq - a country which created much greater triangle of resistance than the likes of Taliban ever could, but lost the war because Americans were not playing games there.

India is utterly incompetent in the art of warfare in comparison to Israel and USA in particular. Absurd comparison. But India does have teeth which will be apparent in all-out war situation.

There is no need to respond to poorly-written posts and join the shitshow.

not really. It is spot on.

Do you think our combat record is flawless? Do you think WE achieved much in a war on our own? Not even close. Try to be humble in person and realistic in your expectations.

re read what was being talked about. Dont go all over the place.

Both USAF and PAF played their roles.

Not exactly. OP is about 1960s to early 70s. That time Iranian airforce was constantly having exchange programs with USAF, RAF, IAF, TuAF, PAF (Anti-Soviet block).

Most of the F-14A pilots however never engaged with any other airforce in the world other than USAF for training on these jets. At the time of the revolution, there were some 70 pilots at 8 airbases in US. That crop of pilots later went on to create history against Baathist Arabs with an almost unrealistic amount of aerial kills.

i know exactly what happened there, as i worked for a major US defense contractor operating in A-stan. alot of things were deeply censored in the main stream media, the taliban army was alot more effective that people we led to believe.

Last edited:
You misunderstood his post.

You also derailed this thread with your stupid mindset.

Fact of the matter is that every country have something to learn from a war.

Israel have had its limitations but it is becoming capable with advanced technologies.

American troops humbled Afghans in any battle (events are well-documented) but USA and Pakistan have had an understanding in regards to Afghanistan:

American military performance is much better apparent in Iraq - a country which created much greater triangle of resistance than the likes of Taliban ever could, but lost the war because Americans were not playing games there.

India is utterly incompetent in the art of warfare in comparison to Israel and USA in particular. Absurd comparison. But India does have teeth which will be apparent in all-out war situation.

There is no need to respond to poorly-written posts and join the shitshow.

You are a Pakistani or an American ?

Not exactly. OP is about 1960s to early 70s. That time Iranian airforce was constantly having exchange programs with USAF, RAF, IAF, TuAF, PAF (Anti-Soviet block).

Most of the F-14A pilots however never engaged with any other airforce in the world other than USAF for training on these jets. At the time of the revolution, there were some 70 pilots at 8 airbases in US. That crop of pilots later went on to create history against Baathist Arabs with an almost unrealistic amount of aerial kills.
I always wondered why Arab pilots were so bad- Israel, Iraq vis Iran
I think it's just that they allied with USSR, while the anti-USSR alliance got US training

USAF helped build our air force from the ground up, its a very good airforce at least as an institution and we can't thank them enough for it

not really. It is spot on.

re read what was being talked about. Dont go all over the place.
You are in hubris.

You are a Pakistani or an American ?
Are you new here?

and yet they lost to lebs.

only thing you got right. Congrats!

so why are you here?
Yes, Hezbollah defeated Israel in a war on the ground in 2006. Israel was also under substantial international pressure to "give up."

It is rather important to understand that Israel have learned much from war with Hezbollah and developed impressive technologies including Trophy APS to intercept ATGMs and Iron Dome to intercept rockets. Not long ago, Hamas unleashed greater number of rockets on Israel than Hezbollah ever did and Iron Dome blunted much of the attack and prevented much damage to Israeli infrastructure by extension. Israel also have demonstrated the ability to strike anywhere in Syria even though Syrian A2/AD systems are rebuild and extensive with a mix of Russian and Chinese technologies. Point is that Israel is learning and getting better in the end.

i know exactly what happened there, as i worked for a major US defense contractor operating in A-stan. alot of things were deeply censored in the main stream media, the taliban army was alot more effective that people we led to believe.
WE live in times in which people have access to considerable levels of information. I have a fairly good idea of what happened in Afghanistan.

Yes, thousands of US/NATO troops have died in Afghanistan (casualties are well-documented) because Afghan Taliban and the sort adopted asymmetric methods to fight them. They observed movement(s) of convoys, planted IEDs in pathways to blow up vehicles, conducted suicide attacks, and used terrain to their advantage in battles. They took cues from Iraqi insurgency tactics to fight US/NATO and ANA in fact.

This much was expected.

But do tell me if any country can fight a war in a landlocked country the way it wants to?

Short answer: NO.

Pakistan had its interests to preserve in the region and chose to save Afghan Taliban.

Still, war in Afghanistan lasted 20 years and it was concluded through negotiations. US/NATO managed to dismantle Al-Qaeda Network (primary target and objective) and Afghan Taliban accepted their condition for not allowing Afghan soil to be used against them.

Now the thing is this: Afghan Taliban and TTP support each other and Pakistan have to deal with both. I see nothing to rejoice in this matter.

Who won or lost in Afghanistan is useless argument, therefore.

PAF has one of the highest sortee rates in the world, our Air Force has always trained intensely and frequently, even chuck yeager acknowledged this in his book.

he believes that the level of flight education in Pakistan was better than in the United States. "Perhaps this difference was not known in the time of the Shah, but it was proved in the war. I am really happy to go to Pakistan because the training I received there was very useful in the war. "Many of the children were injured due to low experience flying at low altitudes." (P. 34) Atiqahchi says that the pilots who learned to fly at low altitudes in Pakistan performed this maneuver easily during the years of the Holy Defense. He recounted in his memoirs that because the Pakistanis had fought India many times, they were skilled in low-altitude flights, and in the words of Atiqahchi, Lou Lowell was so-called in their blood that they taught this flight to students like him. Of course, such a flight was considered undisciplined by the Iranian army at the time, but Atiqehchi, after returning to Iran, made such a flight secretly. "During the war, we sometimes had to go through high-voltage power lines," he says. We would not have done it if we had not done some of these indisciplines before, but the Shah's time, because it was the American system, they would not have liked it. "At that time, flying under five hundred feet (one hundred and fifty meters) was prohibited." (Page 89)

"Pakistan was a poor country and made the most of what it had, but Iran was rich but not compassionate."
Link to full article

Interesting revelation.

Russian (and Ukranian) pilots also execute low-altitude flights with jet fighters and helicopters to attack desired targets in the war. Russians do this to evade Ukranian S-300 systems. Ukranians do the same to evade S-400 systems. This tactic still works.

I always wondered why Arab pilots were so bad- Israel, Iraq vis Iran
I think it's just that they allied with USSR, while the anti-USSR alliance got US training

USAF helped build our air force from the ground up, its a very good airforce at least as an institution and we can't thank them enough for it

My father trained saudis in kohat back in the 70's. He said out of the batch, only one took the training seriously. The rest were there to party.

When trying to motivate them by using liberation of Palestine as an example, they insulted the Pakistani CO. They said, why should we fight when we can pay you to do it for us.

When air marshal heard of this he made the saudis run up and down the tarmac while our SS guys were whipping them with belts in the summer heat.

The Saudi pilots got scared because they thought they were untouchable. Suddenly they were writing letters back home, refusing to leave their barracks, and one of them climbed the water tower and threatened to jump if he wasn't sent home.

Anyways, the saudis ended up sending a big afro-arab as a liasion officer to keep the saudi pilots in line.

My father trained saudis in kohat back in the 70's. He said out of the batch, only one took the training seriously. The rest were there to party.

When trying to motivate them by using liberation of Palestine as an example, they insulted the Pakistani CO. They said, why should we fight when we can pay you to do it for us.

When air marshal heard of this he made the saudis run up and down the tarmac while our SS guys were whipping them with belts in the summer heat.

The Saudi pilots got scared because they thought they were untouchable. Suddenly they were writing letters back home, refusing to leave their barracks, and one of them climbed the water tower and threatened to jump if he wasn't sent home.

Anyways, the saudis ended up sending a big afro-arab as a liasion officer to keep the saudi pilots in line.
So you're telling me they couldn't find any seriously motivated people from all the Saudis?

They couldn't even jump from back of trucks.

Ladders on back of military trucks were installed for two kinds of people:
1. School children and teachers
2. Saudi troops.

that is true.
not just Pakistan but any other country in the world both ally or foe.

that single squadron can smash Israeli defences too.
there is just no comparison with American air power.
Ukrainians are still waiting for that invincible F-35 Squadron to save them from Russians.

Back
Top Bottom