What's new

Topgun : Maverick - Review

PradoTLC

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Ok saw the movie yesterday

Overall compared to earlier topgun production values were better ..

But

It was a let down it didn’t not have the magic of the first one..

Ps the enemy state is Iran … poor irani air force got wacked

Lol

I really enjoyed it especially dog fight scenes and difficulty of mission OMG, i think it’s more intense as compare to first one.

I loved the film. Will watch it again, perhaps in a D BOX or screen X. No moral preaching and no need for critical thinking == my kind of movie. The execution of the flying scenes made me forget time in the theater, which is what I was hoping to see! :pop:

PS: Noticed at the end credits that a lot of special effects were made by Indians. Which Indian city does this type of work? Hyderabad or Bangalore? :what:

I loved the film. Will watch it again, perhaps in a D BOX or screen X. No moral preaching and no need for critical thinking == my kind of movie. The execution of the flying scenes made me forget time in the theater, which is what I was hoping to see! :pop:

PS: Noticed at the end credits that a lot of special effects were made by Indians. Which Indian city does this type of work? Hyderabad or Bangalore? :what:

Film studios special effects. Mostly it's Hyderabad. Or Chennai.

But

Lol
America and the west only fight nations that cannot fight back. Try it with China...even in the movies they dare not

Last edited:
So If anyone hasn't seen the first movie, will they still be able to understand and enjoy it?

So If anyone hasn't seen the first movie, will they still be able to understand and enjoy it?
Lot of nostalgic references to the first movie. This was made for people who are fans of the first movie for a long time. However, the flying stunts must be enjoyable for anyone I suppose :agree:

But

Lol
Iran?! With what aircraft? Fictionary or F-14? And what did Maverick have this time?

But

Lol
First off, did you watch it on IMAX or just the regular Cinema Screen?

I went for the first show on IMAX & loved all the Action sequence. Story on the side, not so much.

And yes, it didn't have the same magic as the first, nor the superior soundtrack to match it.

I wasn't feeling the Callsigns in this one. Fanboy! Harvard! Yale! - Seriously? That's best they could do?

Rouge State = Iran (meh)

Yeah, Iran is the only Country with F-14, but they don't have Su-57 - for now. Besides, F-18's launching off a Aircraft Carrier could only mean Persian Gulf. Trouble is that there isn't any snow in the South, even during Winters.

It was more like killing two birds with one stone. Russia & Iran.

But

Lol

It's a good film but let's be honest it is not a shred on the original and never will be. It simply came years too late and many of the great actors who were in the first have aged now. Also the original had the awesome soundtrack with the likes of Stevie Steve, Kenny Loggins, Berlin all contributing which carried the movie to greater heights.

The opening alone is better than any scene in the sequel;

Seen it but no realism in movie where does those SU 57 came Iran never have them and how in the world that tom cat can beat SU 57 not possible

and how easily they stole a Irani jet without any hostility a piece of pie stealing a jet

They should have shown Russia as enemy bad story line

What shown in movie may might be done in realistically and destroy Iranian nuke sights

Meh..it was ok

It's a good film but let's be honest it is not a shred on the original and never will be. It simply came years too late and many of the great actors who were in the first have aged now. Also the original had the awesome soundtrack with the likes of Stevie Steve, Kenny Loggins, Berlin all contributing which carried the movie to greater heights.

The opening alone is better than any scene in the sequel;

80’s rock was the best.

Back
Top Bottom