What's new

Tokyo wins race to host Olympics 2020 Games

Hashshāshīn

Reaction score
Tokyo has been chosen to host the 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games ahead of Istanbul and Madrid.

The Japanese capital won a majority of second-round votes from International Olympic Committee (IOC) members in Buenos Aires to beat Istanbul.

Madrid had earlier been eliminated in a first round of voting.

The announcement was met with jubilant scenes in Japan, as Tokyo prepares to host the event for the first time since 1964.

---

Unlucky, Turkey :sick: :tdown:

Congatulation to Japan but i think its time for Turkey to stop making applications there or just leave the Olympic games its not normal that they apply 5 times and never win..........

Congratulation to Japan.
Still I believe that this one should have went to Turkey. Not just because it's the 5th application but also because it was not hosted in the region ever iirc and there is a great opportunity here, as opposed to East Asia which had it in China relatively recently.
Too bad.

What made them lose? Erdogan's loud mouth?

Funny how the city of Istanbul which was btw the capital of two world empires and the biggest city in Europe never won.........

I was hoping Turkey win. Japan and Spain hosted the Olympics before.

Congratulation to Japan.
Still I believe that this one should have went to Turkey. Not just because it's the 5th application but also because it was not hosted in the region ever iirc and there is a great opportunity here, as opposed to East Asia which had it in China relatively recently.
Too bad.
Going by the current scenario it would have been really hard for the IOC to choose Turkey.Half of the Arab world is been affected by popular revolutions and civil war and Turkey is closest to them, will be a better option for Turkey to wait until the situation is back to normal.

Going by the current scenario it would have been really hard for the IOC to choose Turkey.Half of the Arab world is been affected by popular revolutions and civil war and Turkey is closest to them, will be a better option for Turkey to wait until the situation is back to normal.
Do you really believe that?

Now i expect the latest most advanced robots to do an intro that rival's Beijing. ;)

Back
Top Bottom