What's new

Istanbul 2020 Olympics

PLEASE TAKE A COMARISON OF LONDON AND ISTANBUL

LONDON LOOKS LIKE A SOULLESS CITY WITH PEOPLE JUST WALKING .

ISTANBUL PEOPLE ARE DOING MANY DIFFERENT THINGS , EVEN FISHING ON THE BRIDGE ( WHICH IS QUITE FUN) , AT NIGHT RESTAURANTS LOOK GREAT , MARKETS TO SHOP IN . MIXING MODERN AND OTHER THINGS LIKE MARKETS , BAZAARS ETC

infact my uncle went london , and he thought it was so good from all the things people say , he was like is this london and laughed in trafalgar square and central london , he said istanbul is heaven compared to this , he said london is just a money laundering city.

Last edited by a moderator:
So what is the price tag for London's Games?

Since the 2008 financial crisis the estimated cost of the games has risen. The latest government report has the games on target to cost $14.5bn of public sector money.

However, a recent parliamentary committee warned the full cost of the games could amount to $17bn and skeptics are saying it could be even more. So there is the cost but how will the Olympics affect the British economy?

Dont bid dont get caught up in the lies and the BS about how it will make millions

I know it will make a loss but still its good , increase international awareness etc

Istanbul_2020_logo.jpg

I hope Istanbul wins the hosting rights for 2020 Olympics ..

Madrid and Tokyo no .. Not at all

I am just pointing out the realistic timeframe in which India can host the Olympics.

It won't be until 2036 or 2040 until India reaches a level to host such an event. Besides the disaster of the 2010 Commonwealth Games are still fresh in people's minds.

As for Pakistan, Islamabad has the necessary infrastructure to host the Olympic Games. If only our security situation settles down and our economy improves giving us the necessary finances to host the Olympics too. :D

I accept India won't host Olympics till 2032 atleast

But saying Islamabad has higher chances just makes me lol
And Commonwrealth games were no way a disaster

I am just pointing out the realistic timeframe in which India can host the Olympics.

It won't be until 2036 or 2040 until India reaches a level to host such an event. Besides the disaster of the 2010 Commonwealth Games are still fresh in people's minds.

As for Pakistan, Islamabad has the necessary infrastructure to host the Olympic Games. If only our security situation settles down and our economy improves giving us the necessary finances to host the Olympics too. :D
Should've, Would've, Could've.......:D

I'd love to see Olympics in Istanbul. I'm planning a trip to Istanbul with my Turkish friend, not confirmed yet, may be in a year.

As for India is concerned, it's just a matter of when GOI thinks is the right time to host Olympics, i think we will bid for 2028 olympics but may get to host 2032 olympics since as per past bids, no country gets to host Olympics in the very first bid.

+ there was no disaster called commonwealth games, it was a western media propaganda to tarnish the image of India (it was racism at work), they wanted to prove the point that only whites can host these events successfully, games village was made from scratch, whereas in earlier CWG's, athletes were used to stay in hostels, all the other sports infrastructure was world class, all the facilities were given to the athletes & tourists, if u wanna blindly follow the western media i can't help, it's ur wish.

+ Pakistan can host olympics????? AFAIK, not even a 16 member cricket team is finding it safe to travel to Pakistan & here u r talking about 10000+ athletes & lakhs of tourists :woot: please give me a break. Also do u know the money it takes to host olympics, London Olympics costs $15+ billion to the Britishers, even when much sport infrastructure was in place, in 20-25 years time Olympics is gonna cost more than 25 billion dollars (5 times Pakistan defence budget) do u really think Pakistan can afford this???

Remember there is also spice bazaar/market if asians need spices :D

Last edited by a moderator:
As for India is concerned, it's just a matter of when GOI thinks is the right time to host Olympics, i think we will bid for 2028 olympics but may get to host 2032 olympics since as per past bids, no country gets to host Olympics in the very first bid.

+ there was no disaster called commonwealth games, it was a western media propaganda to tarnish the image of India (it was racism at work), they wanted to prove the point that only whites can host these events successfully, games village was made from scratch, whereas in earlier CWG's, athletes were used to stay in hostels, all the other sports infrastructure was world class, all the facilities were given to the athletes & tourists, if u wanna blindly follow the western media i can't help, it's ur wish.

+ Pakistan can host olympics????? AFAIK, not even a 16 member cricket team is finding it safe to travel to Pakistan & here u r talking about 10000+ athletes & lakhs of tourists :woot: please give me a break. Also do u know the money it takes to host olympics, London Olympics costs $15+ billion to the Britishers, even when much sport infrastructure was in place, in 20-25 years time Olympics is gonna cost more than 25 billion dollars (5 times Pakistan defence budget) do u really think Pakistan can afford this???
Ouch.....go on Tiger.....:enjoy:

Back
Top Bottom