What's new

Istanbul 2020 Olympics

India is incapable of hosting the Olympics for atleast 20-30 years.

2016 - Rio De Jainero
2020 - Most likely Istanbul
2024 - Olympics will return to North America after 28 years. Most likely Toronto hosting them.
2028 - Africa, most likely South Africa will host them.
2032 - Middle East (Dubai, Doha), Europe, Asia, Australia and India will all compete for these games.

So India will have to beat all these competitors in 2032 to host the games, which I highly doubt it will.

So Maybe 2036 is when India can host the games. :D
thanks man, we may not even compete, let some one else spend all the money. we will just participate and try to bring back some medals.
have you ever thought about your country and its position to host Olympics.

I seriously do not wish to troll, but you are making me to troll.

thanks man, we may not even compete, let some one else spend all the money. we will just participate and try to bring back some medals.
have you ever thought about your country and its position to host Olympics.

I seriously do not wish to troll, but you are making me to troll.

I am just pointing out the realistic timeframe in which India can host the Olympics.

It won't be until 2036 or 2040 until India reaches a level to host such an event. Besides the disaster of the 2010 Commonwealth Games are still fresh in people's minds.

As for Pakistan, Islamabad has the necessary infrastructure to host the Olympic Games. If only our security situation settles down and our economy improves giving us the necessary finances to host the Olympics too. :D

I am just pointing out the realistic timeframe in which India can host the Olympics.

It won't be until 2036 or 2040 until India reaches a level to host such an event. Besides the disaster of the 2010 Commonwealth Games are still fresh in people's minds.

As for Pakistan, Islamabad has the necessary infrastructure to host the Olympic Games. If only our security situation settles down and our economy improves giving us the necessary finances to host the Olympics too. :D
and what was the disaster about 2010 commonwealth games, we hosted it preaty well. non of the players complained about the infrastructure of the arena or the play fields.
though is was a political disaster as oppertunitis politicians and buracrats looted a lot of money from the INDIAN reserves quoting commonwealth games. the games was a success.

and as far as ISLAMABAD, let me wait as much as i can to live another 100 years to see you guys reach the criteria you have mentioned yourself (both in peace and finance).

The issue was corruption not organization.

Islamabad is a small city incapable of organizing Olympics and you lack economic factor with serious corruption problem.

and what was the disaster about 2010 commonwealth games, we hosted it preaty well. non of the players complained about the infrastructure of the arena or the play fields.
though is was a political disaster as oppertunitis politicians and buracrats looted a lot of money from the INDIAN reserves quoting commonwealth games. the games was a success.

and as far as ISLAMABAD, let me wait as much as i can to live another 100 years to see you guys reach the criteria you have mentioned yourself (both in peace and finance).

Here is the list of all the problems at 2010 Commonwealth Games. Infact, there were so many problems, it has its own wikipedia page :rofl:
Concerns and controversies over the 2010 Commonwealth Games - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As for Islamabad, its a planned city, so traffic, transportation, can all be regulated in a proper manner.

We just need the security situation to improve and get our economy going and have enough funds to build the proper infrastructure.

Barcelona and Athens are not big cities by any standard but still held Olympics. I have never been to Islamabad but assume its not that small. I think most important thing is a good transport system and ability to loose several billon dollers

man was that a sarcastic comment.
besides we are not ready to host such a big event. we will bid for hosting the Olimpics when we are ready.
and for that it will take some time...

On Topic, if this is a peoples choice, then I am sure voting for ISTANBUL. They deserve to host this great event.

Believe me its very very little to do with your stadiums etc , they gave World Cup 2010 to South africa , funyyy. Our stadiums , infrastructure , environment , historical places is much better , although we never bidded im sure other developed countries did , its politics , they gave it to south africa so they are not prejudice to not giving to africa , do you know how many slums there is in South africa , so manyy.

India and Turkey a great power but in olympics they far behind.... Right now india at 47 and turkey at 48 i think.... To host olympic a country needs to do well in olympics....

we are not bad in olympics this is a disaster for us , we couldnt get a medal in weightlifting first time in 20 years , we are always no.1 in the islamic world in medals , this year we was like in top 10 in number of athletes with 114 ( not including paraolympics ) but we had very very bad luck , look at this , in 2008 beijing we had half athletes but we did much much better.

Believe me if a government just spares some cash to host it and with security , ITS POLITICS MAINLY , EURO2016 FRANCE AND TURKEY IN FINAL FOR BID , FRANCE WIN 7-6 , FRENCH OFFICIALS SAY WE NEW WE WAS GOING TO WIN ALREADY FROM BEFORE ( THEY DO A MISTAKE BY SAYING IT ) CHEATERSSS

Believe me its very very little to do with your stadiums etc , they gave World Cup 2010 to South africa , funyyy. Our stadiums , infrastructure , environment , historical places is much better , although we never bidded im sure other developed countries did , its politics , they gave it to south africa so they are not prejudice to not giving to africa , do you know how many slums there is in South africa , so manyy.

we are not bad in olympics this is a disaster for us , we couldnt get a medal in weightlifting first time in 20 years , we are always no.1 in the islamic world in medals , this year we was like in top 10 in number of athletes with 114 ( not including paraolympics ) but we had very very bad luck , look at this , in 2008 beijing we had half athletes but we did much much better.
ALL your points are valid, except that part where you divide the world based on faith and create a new world called the ISLAMIC or MUSLIM world. is it in mars or Jupiter.

Here is the list of all the problems at 2010 Commonwealth Games. Infact, there were so many problems, it has its own wikipedia page :rofl:
Concerns and controversies over the 2010 Commonwealth Games - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As for Islamabad, its a planned city, so traffic, transportation, can all be regulated in a proper manner.

We just need the security situation to improve and get our economy going and have enough funds to build the proper infrastructure.
man read the wiki page you posted and see the officials of the Commonwealth commeet had praised and non of the players had complained.
its wide media coverage that sensationalized even a drop of oil in some ones head.
at least read what you post man. by that wiki one thing is proved. INDIA has the largest pool of critics, which is in one way good to understand where we are weak.

I never started this , its the poor iranians who troll , from 1944 we have been better than them 13 times they have been better 2 times and they troll , isnt it funny , its like saying because Turkey finished 3rd in Euro 2008 infront of Holland we are better than them overall .

I never started this , its the poor iranians who troll , from 1944 we have been better than them 13 times they have been better 2 times and they troll , isnt it funny , its like saying because Turkey finished 3rd in Euro 2008 infront of Holland we are better than them overall .
no one is better than the other, what ever you can do as an able bodied human, others too can do. and when others can do any thing, you too can do the same.
there is no one better than the other. its all hard work and devotion that pays.
all men are made equal in the eyes of the nature or creator.

we need to urgently increase attention to athletics and other things , all we are interested is football , basketball hence why we have so modern football stadiums , basketball stadiums and little interest to other sports . Wrestling , Weightlifting , football and basketball interest isnt enough!!!

GREAT ISTANBUL BOAT TOUR

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be glad if Istanbul won the 2020 Olympics - one day we will do it too.

PLEASE WATCH THIS GREAT

PLEASE WATCH 5.50

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom