What's new

Istanbul 2020 Olympics

I personally vote for Istanbul, Tokyo and Mardrid are boring choices, both have hosted already (Barcelona).

Alcohol is easily available from what I saw. In terms of pork no idea ... Maybe Turks in the forums can illuminate.

As Muslims we don't eat pigs because we revere it like Hindus who worships cows. We don't eat pig because it carries disease, is a omnivore and we consider it not worthy of human consumption.

Muslims don't care if others eat pigs as long as we are not expected to eat it or have anything to do with it.

Istanbul is a multi religious city and I do not think there would be a problem if there is a demand for pig products.

xphoto_1337819318640-6-0.jpg.pagespeed.ic.CtiKPxu6go.jpg

helikopter__istanbul_lu.jpg

Dolmabah%C3%A7e_Palace_2007.jpg

dolmabahce%2Bpalace.jpg

Dolmabahce_Palace_55.jpg

a4.jpg

Istanbul new mosque

fft2mm1111690.jpg

cami11.jpg

Nuri Sahin Real Madrid

Nuri-Sahin-Real-Madrid.jpg

Istanbul SEA BUS

3602.jpg

ido1.jpg

ido-4.jpg

So what are your thoughts , who will win , We also want Euro 2020 but they dont allow 2 competitions , so i think we will go for Olympics , but Euro2020 was in our palms if we chose that because even platini said he will support us for Euro 2020

Will Turkey be the first Muslim country to Host the Olympics?

I love Istanbul. One of the best places I have ever been to and they love us too.

It is easily in the top 10 best cities of the world. The people are wonderful, great weather, lots of history and brilliant architecture, and great night life and the food...oh my... there goes my fast.

Just like my Lahore! :)

i will have an ice-cold bottle of Tekirdag Raki and march down Istiklal Street with pride the day Turkiye hosts the Olypmics.

as a former resident of Istanbul, i will VOUCH for that city.

either Istanbul, or Izmir.

I totally and fully support Turkey hosting the 2020 Olympics.

Turkey is the most functioning, stable, and vibrant country with a Muslim majority. This is the country that Pakistan should have been had we listened to our founder Jinnah.

Turks are great people, with a great sense of history, pride and nationalism.

I have been to Turkey many times and I have always been touched by the hospitality they have shown me.

Istanbul will be an ideal candidate to host the 2020 Olympics.

Spain is going through a tough economic times and it will be e mere 8 years since London hosted the 2012 Olympics so I doubt they would want to bring the Olympics back to Europe with Madrid hosting them.

Tokyo, Japan is the same. They had a devastating earthquake and tsunami so they might get sympathy votes but it will be a mere 12 years since Asia hosted the Olympics last in Beijing and I doubt they would want to bring them back to Asia so soon.

All signs point to Istanbul, Turkey. Istanbul Olympics will touch upon themes of Islam, History, East and West, and looking towards the future.

Also, with Istanbul hosting the Olympics, 2024 Olympics will definately come back to North America, and hopefully Toronto hosting them.

The only negatives about Turkey would be the Security situation and the horrendous Traffic in Istanbul. :D

We have been in the FINAL of the olympics bid like 5 times and they never gave it to us once , its pure unfairness and politics , nothing else . Just look at 2010 world cup to South africa , it was a political decision just to do it in africa so they dont say their racist.

Naim suleymanoglu Absolute Legend

Naim Süleymanoğlu , is a Turkish World and Olympic Champion in weightlifting. He won three Olympic Championships, seven World Championships and six European Championships and earned 46 world records.

naim-suleymanoglu_30111.jpg

Traffic will be DISASTER...

Now it will , but in 2020 , 3RD BRIDGE , 3RD AIRPORT , MARMARAY PROJECTS WILL EASE THE TRAFFICY BY ALOTTT

Hidayet Turkoglu played for NBA for years

hidayet-turkoglu-yaz-spor-okullari-basliyor_b.jpg

Hidayet-Turkoglu-FIBA-World-Championship-2010-Wallpaper.jpg

Semih Erden

SemihShaq.jpg

Omer asik

20120326_ajw_ad4_216_extra_large.jpg

Ersan ilyasova

ersan-ilyasova-drive.jpg

mehmet okur

9476253.jpg

Enes kanter

enes-kanter.jpg

Mirsad Turkcan

8193224.jpg

Turkish basketball players in NBA

To be honest:

Hidayet Turkoglu and Omar Asik are over paid....
Enes Kanter didnt come out well in his 1st season and Mehmet Okur never really impressed me...

I would say Ilyasova is probably best among all...

Back
Top Bottom