What's new

Istanbul 2020 Olympics

Ortakoy_Camii.jpg

a4.jpg

I hope Istanbul wins the hosting rights for 2020 Olympics ..

Madrid and Tokyo no .. Not at all

I accept India won't host Olympics till 2032 atleast

But saying Islamabad has higher chances just makes me lol
And Commonwrealth games were no way a disaster

Islamabad can probably host the 2060 Olympics at the 100 year foundation of Islamabad :D

As for India is concerned, it's just a matter of when GOI thinks is the right time to host Olympics, i think we will bid for 2028 olympics but may get to host 2032 olympics since as per past bids, no country gets to host Olympics in the very first bid.

+ there was no disaster called commonwealth games, it was a western media propaganda to tarnish the image of India (it was racism at work), they wanted to prove the point that only whites can host these events successfully, games village was made from scratch, whereas in earlier CWG's, athletes were used to stay in hostels, all the other sports infrastructure was world class, all the facilities were given to the athletes & tourists, if u wanna blindly follow the western media i can't help, it's ur wish.

+ Pakistan can host olympics????? AFAIK, not even a 16 member cricket team is finding it safe to travel to Pakistan & here u r talking about 10000+ athletes & lakhs of tourists :woot: please give me a break. Also do u know the money it takes to host olympics, London Olympics costs $15+ billion to the Britishers, even when much sport infrastructure was in place, in 20-25 years time Olympics is gonna cost more than 25 billion dollars (5 times Pakistan defence budget) do u really think Pakistan can afford this???

You poor troll read again his post. He said only if security improves then Islamabad can host and yet you are repeating same ragtag.

Turkish airlines destiantions from istanbul

TurkHavaYollariIstanbulAtaturkHavalimani.png

Ataturk International l Airport

10737_1208327253.jpg

Sabiha Gocken International Airport

sabiha-gokcen-havaalani.jpg

Sabiha-Airport-2.jpg

i would never want to see Olympics @ Islamabad. It's a sleepy yet sacred city. I'd hate to see ruckus and mess created there.

Lahore --our cultural capital and pride --would be a great candidate. But I dont see that ever happening in the near future simply due to perceptions and the fact that load-shedding exists and will probably exist until the people elect proper managers and not cronyist crooks.

the world would appreciate what Lahore had to offer - but for now -- just a dream

We had our disagreements but great job for your effort Ottoman-turk. I would hope you would spend your young energy to positive and progressive things like these more often.

Alcohol is easily available from what I saw. In terms of pork no idea ... Maybe Turks in the forums can illuminate.

As Muslims we don't eat pigs because we revere it like Hindus who worships cows. We don't eat pig because it carries disease, is a omnivore and we consider it not worthy of human consumption.

Muslims don't care if others eat pigs as long as we are not expected to eat it or have anything to do with it.

Istanbul is a multi religious city and I do not think there would be a problem if there is a demand for pig products.

On bold part man please.

OP: Turkish you have wonderful country.

I doubt it will go to turkey.

if it went to china or beijing it should of come to us 100 times before , we was in the final 5 times , pure politics . It was held in asia only a few times while there are world class cities like tokyo etc and even china should have done it before.

TC000103-01B.jpg

Istanbul_-_Palau_de_%C3%87%C4%B1ra%C4%9Fan.JPG

Ciragan_interior_March_2008_pano.jpg

Dreamworlds_Ciragan-Palace.jpg

Sabanci towers

sabanci.jpg

Sapphire Istanbul

sapphire-2.jpg

Akmerkez

Akmerkez_1040.jpg

Cevahir Mall

FulyaGiri%C5%9Fi.JPG

Kanyon Mall

KanyonTower.jpg

Look how wonderful it looks

Kanyon_Mall_Istanbul_14.jpg

TCanyon2.jpg

Aviation Martyrs' Monument

Memorial_of_Sultan_Mehmed_II_the_Conqueror%2C_Fatih_Park%2C_Istanbul.jpg

Detail_2_from_the_Memorial_of_Sultan_Mehmed_II_the_Conqueror%2C_Fatih_Park%2C_Istanbul.jpg

Beylerbeyi Palace

Bosfor_B17-35.jpg

Beylerbeyi-palace-interior.jpg

Galatasary Museum

Galatasaray_Museum.JPG

Kucuksu Palace

182_G%C3%B6ksu_Kasri.04.2006_resize_resize.jpg

Pa%C5%82ac_K%C3%BC%C3%A7%C3%BCksu_Istambu%C5%82_RB1.jpg

Sokullu mehmet pasha mosque

Sokollu_Mehmet_Pasha_Camii_exterior.jpg

Sokollu_Mehmet_Pasha_Mosque_Dome_Painting_-Sep_2010.jpg

Back