What's new

Tokyo wins race to host Olympics 2020 Games

Tokyo lies in a very active earthquake zone and there's a widely belief that a major one has been long overdue and could strike any time.the country is in economic downturn and its nuclear leakage problem has not been properly handled.a bad bad choice.

Tokyo lies in a very active earthquake zone and there's a widely belief that a major one has been long overdue and could strike any time.the country is in economic downturn and its nuclear leakage problem has not been properly handled.a bad bad choice.
Istanbul also sits on a fault line.
The UK was also in a downturn when it hosted the olympics.
The radiation has been contained in a small areas and there are plans to deal with it.

Beijing also sits on a fault line,but that's different from the one where Tokyo sits.check online and find out,THE BIG ONE in Tokyo area is long overdue and the clock is ticking.
Japan sits on a mish mash of plates, we can't hope to properly understand it.
The 2011 may have alleviated some of the pressure.
I do believe yellowstone is also 'overdue' an eruption. Doesn't stop people from going there.
Life doesn't stop, where would you like the games to be held?

I would like Istanbul to win the host, sick of Toyko :pissed:

Japan has already lost its manufacturing edge to other Asian countries,with very limited resources,the country's future looks very bleak,another major earthquake or tsunami,from which the country suffers regularly,will totally destroy the country's economy.

Tokyo is a Great city and Japanese Play some good football. Congrats to Japan :cheers:

No need to spend huge amounts but making it successful and presenting its culture to world is good enough.

Japan is isolated in East Asia,surrounded by hostile neighors,China,South and North Korea, Russia.all eastern Asian countries are China's good friends except Japan.Japan has territorial disputes with every single nation above mentioned.it has already painted itself into a dead corner.

I hope China to host the summer games once again on or before 2032.

Japan is isolated in East Asia,surrounded by hostile neighors,China,South and North Korea, Russia.all eastern Asian countries are China's good friends except Japan.Japan has territorial disputes with every single nation above mentioned.it has already painted itself into a dead corner.
So? Irrelevant.
Tokyo is imo in the top 5 cities in the world.

Congratulation to Japan.
But I seriously wish that Turkey had won it this time,feel bad for Turkey.

Congratulations Japan! both Turkey and Japan are good friends of Afghanistan and do we have any Japanese PDF member here?

Back
Top Bottom