What's new

TMC WITHDRAWS SUPPORT FROM UPA

not all there are many who earns very less .....good that you brought farmers issue ...
Govt cuts subsidy on most fertilizers for 2012/13 | Reuters

this is the way govt helping farmer ,cutting subsidy ,and Deregulation of urea prices is planned by this govt ....so plz dont tell me govt is benifical for farmers ....the farmers are not getting good price is due to the middle men

Let the farmers sell their produce at higher cost.

There are already local heavy weights in the retail sector..did that caused the retailers to commit suicide.

i dont know about other states ,but in kerala retailers protested in front of those shops some turned violent i guess that resistance prevented their growth in our state

ts foolish to say reliance caused less damage same in the case of walmart ...mode of operation of both are diffrent

i dont know about other states ,but in kerala retailers protested in front of those shops some turned violent i guess that resistance prevented their growth in our state

In Trivandrum there is Big Bazaar, Pothis, Reliance and Govt Stores, all selling products at below MRP.Did that caused the closure of small shops. Everyone has their own customers.

ts foolish to say reliance caused less damage same in the case of walmart ...mode of operation of both are diffrent

The point is the law only prevent foreign players, it cannot stop the local giants if they desire so.

People can't afford food and our agricultural products rot with the lack of proper warehousing. Do you know the percentage of our vegetable productions rot.

People can't afford food and our agricultural products rot with the lack of proper warehousing. Do you know the percentage of our vegetable productions rot.

i am a full time farmer ....yes ofcourse in my area two months back farmers destroyed 15 tonnes of snake gourd and four tonnes of cucumber due to low price and lack of facilty to store it....

i dont think walmart is coming here to help Indian farmers they are here to do business ,not to uplift a farmers life

Anyways I as a consumer finds it difficult to sympathize with a group of people (kirana shop owners) who suddenly now wants to protect consumers who till now never sold an item to me at even a one paisa discount. Even the small supermarket near my home gives discount, but not the Kirana wallahs.

i am a full time farmer ....yes ofcourse in my area two months back farmers destroyed 15 tonnes of snake gourd and four tonnes of cucumber due to low price and lack of facilty to store it....

i dont think walmart is coming here to help Indian farmers they are here to do business ,not to uplift a farmers life

And what was the middlemen doing till now..serving farmers..No, they were also doing business but atleast with Walmart there is a good enough chance that the 15 tonne of vegetables you mentioned will not be wasted.

I think thats the whole point mate :lol: Of course its for business. And we need business and foreign investments.

Anyways I as a consumer finds it difficult to sympathize with a group of people (kirana shop owners) who suddenly now wants to protect consumers who till now never sold an item to me at even a one paisa discount. Even the small supermarket near my home gives discount, but not the Kirana wallahs.

Exactly and not to mention, they dont pay taxes, sell low quality stuff etc.,

And what was the middlemen doing till now..serving farmers..No, they were also doing business but atleast with Walmart there is a good enough chance that the 15 tonne of vegetables you mentioned will not be wasted.

middlemen doing their business ,Walmart is here to do their business ....Business means more profit they will do the same

i am not ready to blame retailers for the wrongdoing by the middlemen

she wont join NDA , SP has already said that it would continue to provide outside support so no problem there but now since didi is gone we can expect reforms to be pushed like the insurance bill , further FDI also it is widely said that MMS actualy wanted didi to leave as she was only causing trouble in governance
P.S. railway ministry now in congress hands possible some tough decisions could be taken in that sector also considering the recent losses during her party term over railway ministry lalu had done this one good think to railways he made it profit making

lol who are you, kangressi youth

middlemen doing their business ,Walmart is here to do their business ....Business means more profit they will do the same

So whats there for you to complain. If you believe that you will get a raw deal, better take the raw deal from Walmart who have a greater chance of buying all your products rather than the middle men who lets your product go waste.

i am not ready to blame retailers for the wrongdoing by the middlemen

For the middlemen to disappear the big retail chains have to come in as they can only manage the supply chain from farm to shelf singlehandedly.

I don't understand this middleman excuse...if they are the problem and allow in system then this is a governance problem..and what is the guarantee that there will be no middleman in Walmart

Back
Top Bottom