What's new

TMC WITHDRAWS SUPPORT FROM UPA

I don't understand this middleman excuse...if they are the problem and allow in system then this is a governance problem..and what is the guarantee that there will be no middleman in Walmart

because of cost saving. Simple economics.

I don't understand this middleman excuse...if they are the problem and allow in system then this is a governance problem..and what is the guarantee that there will be no middleman in Walmart

This is not an excuse but a real issue which has now become a political battleground. A middleman is a one who buys product from the producer & sells it to the retailer, but b'coz of the greed to earn profits he buys the product at a very less price from say a poor farmer & sells it to the retailer at a very high price, retailer again having the right to earn profits sell the product at an even greater price resulting into inflation. Big retailers like Walmart directly buys the products from the producer & never involves any middleman in the process, but what this does is that it helps Walmart to offer huge discounts over it's product to the consumer making a middle class retailer bankrupt & even resulting into closing his shop, no way a small retailer can fight the might of $450 billion company like the Walmart, that's what the whole issue of FDI in retail is. If the govt. is allowing it at least the majority stake (51%) should be with an Indian investor rather the foreign company owning the majority stake in the JV.

A middleman is a one who buys product from the producer & sells it to the retailer, but b'coz of the greed to earn profits he buys the product at a very less price from say a poor farmer & sells it to the retailer at a very high price, retailer again having the right to earn profits sell the product at an even greater price resulting into inflation

Yup. On top of that, these middlemen create artificial scarcity. One great example. Have you noticed how after March, certain high selling cigarette brands are not available for 15-20 days? If you are a smoker you would know this. Suddenly you wont get one brand. And then it will be sold at higher prices even before the budget takes effect. Such things will be prevented.

Big retailers like Walmart directly buys the products from the producer & never involves any middleman in the process, but what this does is that it helps Walmart to offer huge discounts over it's product to the consumer making a middle class retailer bankrupt & even resulting into closing his shop, no way a small retailer can fight the might of $450 billion company like the Walmart, that's what the whole issue of FDI in retail is

Though what I dont understand is, 70% of India is un-urbanized. Which means Walmart is not really gonna build in some small town where it may not have customers. So in such places, Kirana stores will still be the norm. Maybe Walmart will now be both a middleman and a retailer ^^.

I cant wait for stores like Costco though. They sell bulk, and for cheap rates. In the US I bought a whole crate (24 beers) of assorted, german beer for 16 USD. :D:D

This is not an excuse but a real issue which has now become a political battleground. A middleman is a one who buys product from the producer & sells it to the retailer, but b'coz of the greed to earn profits he buys the product at a very less price from say a poor farmer & sells it to the retailer at a very high price, retailer again having the right to earn profits sell the product at an even greater price resulting into inflation. Big retailers like Walmart directly buys the products from the producer & never involves any middleman in the process, but what this does is that it helps Walmart to offer huge discounts over it's product to the consumer making a middle class retailer bankrupt & even resulting into closing his shop, no way a small retailer can fight the might of $450 billion company like the Walmart, that's what the whole issue of FDI in retail is. If the govt. is allowing it at least the majority stake (51%) should be with an Indian investor rather the foreign company owning the majority stake in the JV.
that's what I am saying,its a governance issue...why we need Walmart

Hope the Govt falls and mid-term elections are called !

Not just her, Sonia is one of the major trouble.

Sonia and her kitchen cabinet, the NAC. They should be first sent to the firing squad.

Let's be honest the best hope India has to return to decent economic growth and get back on track is with MMS at the helm doing what he does best with no oppositon opposing for the sake of opposing. You may not like it but it has to be done.

Btw I have no political prefrefercne whatsoever I just want to see India prosperous.

No Mate, you are not being honest or you are one of those who honestly believe the larger-than-life economist aura painted around MMS. And before you give the me '91 card, it was IMF that was directing/formulating the policies then, PVNR providing the political impetus and MMS just implementing what was told to him.

No Mate, you are not being honest or you are one of those who honestly believe the larger-than-life economist aura painted around MMS. And before you give the me '91 card, it was IMF that was directing/formulating the policies then, PVNR providing the political impetus and MMS just implementing what was told to him.

Yaa conspiracy theories, I have one too.."America never reached moon" :)

Wel I'd strongly disagree with that but whatever- each to their own I guess!

This kuttiii janani claims that she is in politics to serve the poorest common man. I agree that this ***** is a determined to help common man. But there is something called economics. India is not a welfare ashram,

Yes...but the kutti janani you are referring to more appropriately belongs to Sonia Gandhi and her ultra-leftist populist alternative cabinet - the NAC - which is the real impediment in whatever MMS is trying to do. And MMS saab will not go against Sonia mata. SO why blame Mamata when you have a bigger elephant in the room ?

Yaa conspiracy theories, I have one too.."America never reached moon" :)

Not conspiracy theories..pure political history. Would you believe actually the impetus for reforms began under Yashwant Sinha of the ill-fated Chandrasekhar Govt when India ran out of forex...You can ask some elder about it. Its just that Gen Y teenagers are not aware of that given the lack of diverse media back then.

Yes...but the kutti janani you are referring to more appropriately belongs to Sonia Gandhi and her uoltra-leftist populist alternative cabinet - the NAC - which is the real impediment in whatever MMS is trying to do. And MMS saab will not go against Sonia mata. SO why blame Mamata when you have a bigger elephant in the room ?

Well it's not Sonia who is stopping MMS from going ahead with the reforms, it's the kutti janani.:) I don't care as long as the bigger elephant is quite and not not protesting.

Well it's not Sonia who is stopping MMS from going ahead with the reforms, it's the kutti janani.:) I don't care as long as the bigger elephant is quite and not not protesting.

You think Sonia will come out in the open and protest. Man you are so naive..She is the numero uno in the Congress which is the ruling party. Nothing goes on without her knowledge. Do you even know the existence, composition and the idealogies of the 'members' of the NAC ?

I would rather MMS goes down immediately as the martyr than stay on for two more years and goes out a disgraced individual with his 'economist' tag in tatters.

Not conspiracy theories..pure political history. Would you believe actually the impetus for reforms began under Yashwant Sinha of the ill-fated Chandrasekhar Govt when India ran out of forex...You can ask some elder about it. Its just that Gen Y teenagers are not aware of that given the lack of diverse media back then.

Do you see any bad impact of the reforms??? "Doesn't matter cat is black or white as long as it catches the mice."

You think Sonia will come out in the open and protest. Man you are so naive..She is the numero uno in the Congress which is the ruling party. Nothing goes on without her knowledge. Do you even know the existence, composition and the idealogies of the 'members' of the NAC ?

I would rather MMS goes down immediately as the martyr than stay on for two more years and goes out a disgraced individual with his 'economist' tag in tatters.

When did I say sonia doesn't know what going on in the party. I don't care as long as she is letting reforms happen.
Your dream of MMS going down might now come true. He will stay.

Do you see any bad impact of the reforms??? "Doesn't matter cat is black or white as long as it catches the mice."

I did not fault the reforms....but just saying the credit is more distributed rather than the stupid "OMG! MMS lifted India on his shoulders in '91" which many seem to harbor.

Back
Top Bottom