What's new

Three killed as Syrian shell strikes Turkish town

TurAr

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Five people were killed and at least 13 were wounded Oct. 3, when at least three Syrian shells hit the Akçakale district of in the southeastern province of Şanlıurfa.
An urgent meeting was immediately set up between Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu and Foreign Ministry bureaucrats following the incident. Davutoğlu also spoke to the U.N.’s special envoy to Syria, Lakhdar Brahimi, in order to give the information.

Akçakale Mayor Abdülhakim Ayhan said the district’s inhabitants were staging an “uprising” after the incident, as it was the final straw for them. A number of Akçakale residents marched to the District Governor’s Office in order to protest the incidents, and the governor left his office in an armored vehicle, according to daily Hürriyet.

Five people, including four children and a woman were killed. Two of the wounded were policemen, reports said. All the wounded were transferred to hospitals.

Ayhan said the area had been living in fear for last 10 days, and that another bomb had exploded in the town yesterday morning. Justice and Development Party (AKP) Şanlıurfa Deputy Halil Özcan also said the residents of Akçakale had been living in fear for the last 15 days.

At least three shells hit three different points in Akçakale, another Turkish official said. “More serious steps could be taken by the Turkish government in order to protect its citizens after these events,” he added.

A correspondent in the region said the shell must have belonged to the Syrian army, as the Syrian rebels had no such weapons.

Turkish Foreign Minister Davutoğlu has also called the General Staff and the Şanlıurfa Governor in order to get more information about the incident.

There have been heavy clashes between the Syrian army forces and the rebels for the last 20 days on the Turkish border with Syria.

Turkey previously sent a diplomatic note to Syria over the mortar bomb that hit the southeastern province of Akçakale on Sept. 28.

"No one should doubt Turkey's defense capabilities," Davutoğlu said following the mortar bomb’s hitting of Akçakale on Sept. 29.

LOCAL - Three killed as Syrian shell strikes Turkish town

İsit five killed? I just read 3, time to intervene do something, but what can we do even if we go in, we can't shoot shells, assad army targeting FSA and the shells come to our side.

Problem is that place is controlled by FSA so assad shelling it to get it in control.

It wouldn't surprise me if this was FSA's or any other party's doing, in order to drag Turkey into a war.

Ha Ha----- Blatant not show
FSA was establish to fight with the gov and its intelligence to not spread the evil power...

I even listen about most of gov person impose citizen to accept there is no god but the some individual of Al-Asad family...

At that time it is needed to shoot them and told to every one god do not die but these individuals or collective forces should die....

Let free them to do their work...

You will see at least the fall of Al-Asad regime...

It wouldn't surprise me if this was FSA's or any other party's doing, in order to drag Turkey into a war.

Ain't FSA supported by Turkey ? Why do a slave will kill its master ? You cannot confront Asad directly.

It would be much easier for the so called FSA to kick Assads *** with Turkey on its side.
On the other hand it makes no sense at all for Assads forces to bomb Turkey because that could drag us in the conflict and that would not be in the interest of Assad at all and yet the same guy decided to shoot a Turkish plane.

I seriously don't know what to think about this.

This government is an embarrassment to our nation, history and people.

I say we take the control and let FSA do something els.

yeah also fsa shot down our aircraft. typical alawi mentality...

I'm not expecting an 'organization' to be moral while using suicide bombings as their fighting method, throwing civillians to their deaths from rooftops and executing people by beheading...

I'm not expecting an 'organization' to be moral while using suicide bombings as their fighting method, throwing civillians to their deaths from rooftops and executing people by beheading...

The problem is here, the regime itself has no morals..You cant expect from an organization to have morals while they are fighting with a regime which resorts to monstrous cruelty imho

But at some degree, i agree on that beheading part..Its disgusting

The problem is here, the regime itself has no morals..You cant expect from an organization to have morals while they are fighting with a regime which resorts to monstrous cruelty imho

But at some degree, i agree on that beheading part..Its disgusting

Your logic is: "My terrorists are better than yours."

Before making any decision, we must be sure who was behind this bombing.

Back
Top Bottom