What's new

Thousands of Christians Pray for Democracy in China

I don't want China to "overtake you". I just don't fear any country that is democratic, respects human rights and human dignity and is ruled by law, not by power. A democratic China can do great things for the world, just as a democratic India does.

I'm not saying that communism is a good thing but democracy isn't exactly the best answer either. If the US is so democratic how come they don't always respect human lives, guatanamo bay is a great example. Detainees are tortured and humiliated and it was widely broadcasted all over the world. There are many incidents where innocent people were imprisoned for many years until evidence showed up proofing their innocence. Also your law enforcers sometimes use excessive force to arrest people, kicking/hitting suspects even when they are on the ground. Isn't that abusing power? Lets not even begin to talk about how some of your soldiers abusing or murdering innocents in Iraq.
Even your former president Bush had threatened to attack the Netherlands (yes an ally) if the International Criminal Court wants to prosecute any of the US war criminals for their roles in Iraq.
American Service-Members' Protection Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

China has death penalty and so does some of your states would you also use that as an argument to claim that China doesn't respect human lives? In China and Thailand people can't insult their leader / king other wise they would be thrown into jail unlike USA where you can insult your own president.

Every country has their positive and negative sides and China has many things to improve too at least they don't meddle with foreign affairs whereas your country would try to invade and force democracy upon other countries.

Communism is long gone for USSR and China and they are a lot better than North Korea. Now that's a country ruled by power and its people has no freedom.

I'm not saying that communism is a good thing but democracy isn't exactly the best answer either. If the US is so democratic how come they don't always respect human lives, guatanamo bay is a great example. Detainees are tortured and humiliated and it was widely broadcasted all over the world. There are many incidents where innocent people were imprisoned for many years until evidence showed up proofing their innocence. Also your law enforcers sometimes use excessive force to arrest people, kicking/hitting suspects even when they are on the ground. Isn't that abusing power? Lets not even begin to talk about how some of your soldiers abusing or murdering innocents in Iraq.
Even your former president Bush had threatened to attack the Netherlands (yes an ally) if the International Criminal Court wants to prosecute any of the US war criminals for their roles in Iraq.
American Service-Members' Protection Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

China has death penalty and so does some of your states would you also use that as an argument to claim that China doesn't respect human lives? In China and Thailand people can't insult their leader / king other wise they would be thrown into jail unlike USA where you can insult your own president.

Every country has their positive and negative sides and China has many things to improve too at least they don't meddle with foreign affairs whereas your country would try to invade and force democracy upon other countries.

Communism is long gone for USSR and China and they are a lot better than North Korea. Now that's a country ruled by power and its people has no freedom.
Democracy is not perfect and my country is not perfect, but democracy is still preferable to any other system of government. You can try and keep it at bay, but in the end, people want a say in their government, people want their government to be accountable to them. Some of what you say is true about US actions, and it is hotly debated in America, but debated, and argued over, and elections held over, and reported in the free press, it is and allowed to be. I can go where I want, say what I want, argue and voice any opinion I want, worship how I want, say anything I want of any elected leader in my country, and elected freely and fairly, they all are. Why can I do this? Democracy. Those leaders work for me. I don't work for them. My Congressman and Senators, my president, must ask for my support to keep their jobs. Even if China continues to become rich, it's impact on history will remain muted as long as she clings to a one party state and is frightened of her own people's liberty. You mentioned north Korea. My father fought to keep south Korea from being taken over by the communist in 1950-53. When he was there, it was one of the most impoverished countries in the hemisphere. After the war, one Korea went the way of fear and oppression, of the murderous ideology of communism. In the other, first came economic freedom, then over time, the people demanded political freedom and got it. One need only look at a picture of the two countries at night to know where those two different ideologies lead to.

korean_peninsula_night_lights.jpg

China has achieved the success that it has over these last few decades because she has admitted internally, what a failure communism is economically and what a success freedom is economically. Despite the crushing of the Tiananmen Square protest, eventually, the Chinese people will demand their political freedom as well. You are in Sweden? Look around. Why do you think the Swedes have not only a high standards of living, but freedom, a good life without fear, with good education, health care, police, courts, press, etc., without restrictions on what they want to believe, worship, write, speak, or how they want to live? Why do you think people from around the world are trying to get into Sweden any way they can, (just like the USA), and not out of it? It isn't an accident that they have achieved so much. Sweden looks the way it does because the people of Sweden demand it of their government. They hold their government accountable for an excellent education system, good health care, fair and open courts, human rights. President Reagan called it the test of the gates. People can argue and debate all they want, but as he said, the facts speak for themselves; where there is freedom, people will try to get to it. Where their is oppression, people will flee from it. How many people want to immigrate to Iran? North Korea, indeed, even China? Maybe some from north Korea do, but tens of thousands of Chinese come to America, year after year, legally and illegally, to find a new life in a free country.

CFP418884739-162319_copy1.jpg

New Americans, taking the oath of citizenship.

I remember there is quote by Desmond Tutu
--When the missionaries came to Africa they had the Bible and we had the land. They said "Let us pray." We closed our eyes. When we opened them, we had the Bible and they had the land. "

This is the true face of christianity, they are the idealogical shock troop of imperialists. Jordan writes "The catastrophe of Spanish America's rape at the hands of the Conquistadors remains one of the most potent and pungent examples in the entire history of human conquest of the wanton destruction of one culture by another in the name of religion"

I don't see any other religion as aggressively as Christian trying to covert other non believers. Personally I got very offended by their single mindedness and self righteousness by anything that their omni god says. It is ironic that they are actually propagating democracy when they allow themself to be ruled under the dictatorship of their so call god.

--When the missionaries came to Africa they had the Bible and we had the land. They said "Let us pray." We closed our eyes. When we opened them, we had the Bible and they had the land. "

This is the true face of christianity, they are the idealogical shock troop of imperialists. Jordan writes "The catastrophe of Spanish America's rape at the hands of the Conquistadors remains one of the most potent and pungent examples in the entire history of human conquest of the wanton destruction of one culture by another in the name of religion"

I don't see any other religion as aggressively as Christian trying to covert other non believers. Personally I got very offended by their single mindedness and self righteousness by anything that their omni god says. It is ironic that they are actually propagating democracy when they allow themself to be ruled under the dictatorship of their so call god.
You missed out communism. The way believers were/are willing to do for their beliefs, pretty much a religion in itself.

Their God is in fact a Semitic/Arabic God, now these white supremacist missionaries are killing the chosen people of their God.

This is like you are killing South Asians under the name of Gautama Buddha.

You missed out communism. The way believers were/are willing to do for their beliefs, pretty much a religion in itself.

Only pyschos are so shameless of killing people by doing under the name of the God of these victims, why don't you tell you white master of conquering the world by using the name of their own Gods? Zeus/Jupiter/Odin or whatever it is.

Only pyschos are so shameless of killing people by doing under the name of the God of these victims, why don't you tell you white master of conquering the world by using the name of their own Gods? Zeus/Jupiter/Odin or whatever it is.
And what of the behaviors of the Red Guards during the time of the Cultural Regression? I read that some of them actually ripped out and ate the hearts of the their victims.

A Tale of Red Guards and Cannibals - NYTimes.com
...how Red Guards and Communist officials in one province not only tortured their victims to death but also ate their flesh.
Is that true? But what do you know other than what the Central Propaganda Dept. chose to educate you?

And what of the behaviors of the Red Guards during the time of the Cultural Regression? I read that some of them actually ripped out and ate the hearts of the their victims.

A Tale of Red Guards and Cannibals - NYTimes.com

Is that true? But what do you know other than what the Central Propaganda Dept. chose to educate you?

The problem is that your white master is so verbally creative by calling the Middle Easterners as Sand N*ggers/Ragheads/Camelfckers.

So why they keep worshipping the God of those Sand N*ggers/Ragheads/Camelfckers if they hate them so much?

Those Sand N*ggers/Ragheads/Camelfckers were the first people who prayed their deity which is later known as the God of Christianity, and with behavior treating the chosen people of the God, do you truly believe that the God would bless America? :coffee:

Most likely the God will curse America after he has seen this.

Han will not be Han if we follow west religion. West will use religion to wipe chinese out from the world.

The problem is that your white master is so verbally creative by calling the Middle Easterners as Sand N*ggers/Ragheads/Camelfckers.

So why they keep worshipping the God of those Sand N*ggers/Ragheads/Camelfckers if they hate them so much?

Those Sand N*ggers/Ragheads/Camelfckers were the first people who prayed their deity which is later known as the God of Christianity, and with behavior treating the chosen people of the God, do you truly believe that the God would bless America? :coffee:

Most likely the God will curse America after he has seen this.
The fact that millions of those same people who you use denigrating terms to describe, (and yes, even some American's who are racists do as well.), came to America to live free lives that they could not hope to live in the countries they were born in, the fact that millions of those same people are now proud Americans, that minorities of every race and background hold the highest positions in my countries government, in our military, in our society, the fact that even the President of the United States of America, who was elected by an overwhelming majority of my country's citizens, is a black man of African and Muslim heritage by the name of Barack Hussein Obama, well, all of those things are proof that you are woefully ignorant of what America is truly like. What I find really surprising though, is that you could be so ignorant of America when you have chosen to live right next door to us, in Canada. :wave:

The fact that millions of those same people who you use denigrating terms to describe, (and yes, even some American's who are racists do as well.), came to America to live free lives that they could not hope to live in the countries they were born in, the fact that millions of those same people are now proud Americans, that minorities of every race and background hold the highest positions in my countries government, in our military, in our society, the fact that even the President of the United States of America, who was elected by an overwhelming majority of my country's citizens, is a black man of African and Muslim heritage by the name of Barack Hussein Obama, well, all of those things are proof that you are woefully ignorant of what America is truly like. What I find really surprising though, is that you could be so ignorant of America when you have chosen to live right next door to us, in Canada. :wave:
He is not ignorant. He is being deceitful. He knows full well his China, the one he is too cowardly to live under and can only offer false moral support on an anonymous Internet forum, is just as racist as the most hardcore Klansman.

Han will not be Han if we follow west religion. West will use religion to wipe chinese out from the world.

Isn't being citizen of PRC all about nationalism?

The Hui people are by large Muslims, does their religious afflictions make them any less Chinese?

Stop using Obama as an excuse for the racism of your country, most of your right-wingers hate him being your President because he is black.

Now you keep using him to defend the racism of your country, pathetic. :tdown:

Isn't being citizen of PRC all about nationalism?

The Hui people are by large Muslims, does their religious afflictions make them any less Chinese?

He is talking about Christianity, not Islam.

Back
Top Bottom