What's new

Thousands of Christians Pray for Democracy in China

If those Chinese Christians firmly believe that it was the Christianity that has contributed the West the wealth and science, then do something valuable for your own country instead of acting like a democrazy buffoon all the days. :coffee:

Try to be a useful person, but a human waste!

In The Land Of Mao, A Rising Tide Of Christianity Among Chinese : NPR

Their powers to govern religion do, however, seem to be waning. That seems clear in a rural village in eastern China, where young people are openly trying to gain converts in defiance of the laws prohibiting proselytizing in public places.

They claim not to be aware of such laws. A crowd of villagers is listening, perched on tractors and low benches, their feet swimming in a sea of mud.

In a fiery sermon, one young missionary makes oblique references to rampant materialism, corruption and the immense wealth gap between rich and poor. It's a message that hits home in this hardscrabble part of China.

"In China, a lot of so-called atheists treat money as their God," storms the young man who is preaching to the gathered crowd. "But only in God's truth can you find real freedom."

China's Christians are pushing back the boundaries, and the authorities don't seem to know how to respond. Recent reports say some leaders of larger unofficial churches are harassed and persecuted and their congregations are prevented from meeting in their previous places of worship.

But in this rural part of China, these young missionaries are operating without hindrance.

After their performance, theu climb into a trailer pulled by a tractor, which will take them to their next destination. They are intent on saving souls, one village at a time.

China's youth once trundled across the countryside spreading communism. Now, they're spreading God's word.

i pray that there will one day be democracy in their own church. but with or without democratically elected leadership, this cult is a mortal enemy to the chinese race and threatens its very spirituality, which, needless to say, is older, nobler, superior in every aspect.

now i am thoroughly liberal and one of a cosmetic kind - if these heterodox chinese' head count exceeds a certain percentage of our demographic, cosmetic liberalism authorizes extreme measures to cope with this threat.

No need to care about this kind of shows... they can just say but do nothing :cheesy:

They should pray for the victime in Tiananmen affair, I think we also should do these!
People's wish is good, but they also easily be used, whatever in democratic country or nondemocratic country!! About the tiananmen affair, the victim should be remembered, also should be respected, most of them think that what them do is good for china furture, the people should be condemned is the western, they use their faith. The most of victims want china become better, the western want to mess china up!! Yes, China government kill some of them directly, but the western should take most of responsibility!! Behind the government, there were also many people back the government!!
Just what I had said, Many so-called democracys are byproduct, and what you should focus on is real intention of the western. Of course, people also can use the western, But, it is not easy, and it is dangerous. democracy is not the thing you can get after one night!!!
Pray for the victims whose personal intentions are fine for their country and race, although they are used!

Incidentally, did you guys know that there are HUNDREDS of Indian pastors actively working in China ? Yeah, that's right, "HUNDREDS". If you want to count the number of Indian missionary field workers, it goes well into "THOUSANDS".

Just a fun fact for you folks.

Find all he Christians and deport them.
These pro-western ***** must be kicked out.
They are spy agents for the CIA.
They want to westernize china and destroy Chinese culture.

I don't hate Christianity but because of it. Our culture, language and tradition are about to extinct. 85% our tribeman converted to Christian(including my parents). I feel pity on my tribe. We have to do something to stop it. This is bad side of democracy and secularism. China shall do something to stop it before too late.

The west uses christianity to control people.
They convert the masses and use them as pawns to topple governments and cause chaos.

I hate all religions, I don't believe in that religious BS.
Christians are the worst.
All religions should be banned.

I don't hate Christianity but because of it. Our culture, language and tradition are about to extinct. 85% our tribeman converted to Christian(including my parents). I feel pity on my tribe. We have to do something to stop it. This is bad side of democracy and secularism. China shall do something to stop it before too late.

If people want to convert. Why stop them ? Did your parents convert out of personal threats ? Did someone give your parents money to convert ?If none of these things happened, and they did it on their free will. Then by all means, everyone ought to be afforded the freedom of religion.

When the government starts telling people what they ought to believe and which god they can and can-not follow; then the country ceases to be a democracy.

Everything falls apart and a country like India will not survive even a few months under dictatorship.

If people want to convert. Why stop them ? Did your parents convert out of personal threats ? Did someone give your parents money to convert ?If none of these things happened, and they did it on their free will. Then by all means, everyone ought to be afforded the freedom of religion.

When the government starts telling people what they ought to believe and which god they can and can-not follow; then the country ceases to be a democracy.

Everything falls apart and a country like India will not survive even a few months under dictatorship.

I am not saying that government should use extreme method to stop it. Just encourage people to protect its culture and tradition which could extinct because some alien religion. Because I don't want to see that day when we lost our tradition and culture. If that happens then we will lose our identity too.

I am not saying that government should use extreme method to stop it. Just encourage people to protect its culture and tradition which could extinct because some alien religion. Because I don't want to see that day when we lost our tradition and culture. If that happens then we will lose our identity too.

Here's my question : Did your parents convert to Christianity out of fear or life threats ?

As for your post, how does any religion qualify as "culture and tradition" ? Religion is an ideology, a school of thought and beliefs. Child marriages, Sati etc were considered "normal" until the British came along. Does any of those practices qualify as "culture" and "tradition" ?

Our identity is going nowhere. There are so many Christians actively pursuing research of ancient Sanskrit texts, Ayurveda, Ancient religious texts etc. Anywhere we go, we are and will always be identified as "Indian".

Here's my question : Did your parents convert to Christianity out of fear or life threats ?

most tribal people are very naive. They simply converted to Christian because drinking alcohol is prohibited in revival Christian(a modified Christian).
Nishi people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As for your post, how does any religion qualify as "culture and tradition" ? Religion is an ideology, a school of thought and beliefs. Child marriages, Sati etc were considered "normal" until the British came along. Does any of those practices qualify as "culture" and "tradition" ?

Our identity is going nowhere. There are so many Christians actively pursuing research of ancient Sanskrit texts, Ayurveda, Ancient religious texts etc. Anywhere we go, we are and will always be identified as "Indian".

for me culture and tradition are those thing which following what followed by our forefathers.

I don't want to end up like Japanese or Brazilian who forgot what their forefathers did before them. Tell me. What's makes that alien religion better than our forefathers Faith. Is there is no defect like your sati or child marriage in Christianity? , they just modified it( do you know about what church did with Charles Darwin). Just like them, why not we modify our religion.

most tribal people are very naive. They simply converted to Christian because drinking alcohol is prohibited in revival Christian(a modified Christian).
Nishi people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So they were not coaxed, tempted or paid to convert to Christianity. How other people justify their conversions are not a point of concern or importance.*

for me culture and tradition are those thing which followed by our forefathers.

I don't want to end up like Japanese or Brazilian who forgot what their forefathers did before them. Tell me. What's makes that alien religion better than our forefathers Faith. Is there is no defect like your sati or child marriage in Christianity? , they just modified it( do you know about what church did with Charles Darwin). Just like them, why not we modify our religion.

Then by all means, end them. End oppressive practices and the caste system. Stop treating lower caste people like scum and remove all associated backward practices. A reformed religion ( especially Hinduism ) will attract many followers.

Back
Top Bottom