What's new

The UAE is the first partner and customer of the fifth generation Checkmate aircraft

Major General Pilot Rashid Mohammed Al Shamsi in the Checkmate

2D1A8DBE-A281-44B7-A59B-698C0B15D004.jpeg

38718F82-513C-48C4-8556-0A21A464CD5F.jpeg
That's a fine belly major general pilot has.

On a positive note hope UAE trains its own to do the work

That's a fine belly major general pilot has.

On a positive note hope UAE trains its own to do the work
UAE has some of the best pilot training in the Middle East and trains with Western and Eastern air forces frequently.

Only UAE nationals can be pilots in the air force.

UAE has some of the best pilot training in the Middle East and trains with Western and Eastern air forces frequently.

Only UAE nationals can be pilots in the air force.
Yes they have access to expensive training and expensive toys and train with the west....

Does that make them any good? Remains to be seen.

Yes they have access to expensive training and expensive toys and train with the west....

Does that make them any good? Remains to be seen.
Members here can give firsthand knowledge about the skills of their pilots, and have praised them.

June-7th-2019

The fighter has been rumored to use a single engine configuration - a single Saturn izdeliye 30 - which was developed for the twin engine Su-57. Acquiring such a fighter would be in line with the UAE’s strong preference for lighter single engine aircraft, and the platform would integrate advanced next generation Russian technologies including AESA radars, three dimensional thrust vectoring engines, Directional Infrared Countermeasures, and advanced long ranged missiles such as the APAA guided K-77 and hypersonic R-37M air to air missiles.. For the UAE, the success of the program would be a major enhancement to its domestic military aviation industry which it has invested heavily in building up.

July-20th-2021

It has all that and more..

article_60f90298a42dd4_91384406.jpg

Last edited:
We have pilots here? Or men that have served with Emirati pilots....I think NOT
From @Raider 21 a think tank analyst here with connections

"Pakistanis are reducing in their ranks. The Arabs are getting better with time. In fact an ex-PAF instructor I know very well who wrote an entire syllabus for their OCU, said the best aggressive students he's had as fighter pilot trainees were Emiratis. Their motor skills were far better than any of the Pakistani pilots he had instructed."

June-7th-2019

The fighter has been rumored to use a single engine configuration - a single Saturn izdeliye 30 - which was developed for the twin engine Su-57. Acquiring such a fighter would be in line with the UAE’s strong preference for lighter single engine aircraft, and the platform would integrate advanced next generation Russian technologies including AESA radars, three dimensional thrust vectoring engines, Directional Infrared Countermeasures, and advanced long ranged missiles such as the APAA guided K-77 and hypersonic R-37M air to air missiles.. For the UAE, the success of the program would be a major enhancement to its domestic military aviation industry which it has invested heavily in building up.

July-20th-2021

article_60f90298a42dd4_91384406.jpg
I hope they build them in the UAE as well
From @Raider 21 a think tank analyst here with connections

"Pakistanis are reducing in their ranks. The Arabs are getting better with time. In fact an ex-PAF instructor I know very well who wrote an entire syllabus for their OCU, said the best aggressive students he's had as fighter pilot trainees were Emiratis. Their motor skills were far better than any of the Pakistani pilots he had instructed."
There are many that claim connections...remember the Arab guy who said he had insider info that f16 block 70 were coming to Pakistan and there were several hundred pages of bs talked about. Now he has disappeared. I remember he was called out by a few members and they got hell.

This is the Internet and I am the king of siam

I hope they build them in the UAE as well

There are many that claim connections...remember the Arab guy who said he had insider info that f16 block 70 were coming to Pakistan and there were several hundred pages of bs talked about. Now he has disappeared. I remember he was called out by a few members and they got hell.

This is the Internet and I am the king of siam
My dad was in UAEAF and countless others who were ex-PAF. And having had convos with some PAF guys who had exercises with the Emiratis at least......they say they have gotten a lot better. They rely on very few foreigners now compared to a few years ago. Some nations but largely the Pakistanis trained them well for their basic fundamentals.

Which restaurant is Siam again......

Cheers

The Checkmate will be able to share data with other friendly aircraft.. and It is is designed as a short take-off and landing aircraft, which will increase its versatility in terms of bases and platforms on which it can be operated.

su--3-.jpg

Last edited:
My dad was in UAEAF and countless others who were ex-PAF. And having had convos with some PAF guys who had exercises with the Emiratis at least......they say they have gotten a lot better. They rely on very few foreigners now compared to a few years ago. Some nations but largely the Pakistanis trained them well for their basic fundamentals.

Which restaurant is Siam again......

Cheers
The restaurant that you wash dishes at. Rudness gets you a rude reply.

And your dad said all that looool. Kids

Last edited:
Why need this when UAE is getting F35 ? This must be a back up plan if US sanctions F35 or its a bargaining chip to make US release F35s.

Why need this when UAE is getting F35 ? This must be a back up plan if US sanctions F35 or its a bargaining chip to make US release F35s.
UAE has no enemies.
Even Israel is their best friend now.
But money needs spending.

This however is good project if emirates are involved in the design development and manufacturing and sadly I don't think they are

The restaurant that you wash dishes at. Rudness gets you a rude reply.

And your dad said all that looool. Kids
I meant the one in bold on a lighter note. And have washed dishes in a restaurant.

Yes him, and countless other professionals who worked and served UAE Air Force. The professionals involved have a better overview.

I would completely baffled if the US allows UAE to operate this system alongside the F-35 and THAAD. But stranger things have happened

If the punch line in OP is any bit true, than it's indeed a checkmate, but in a positive spirit.

Using common sense, i assume, the deal was in making around the same time, when UAE was negotiating F-35 and THAAD.
However, for the sake of argument, if we assume that the news came as surprise to US,.... In your opinion, what measures US may use to prevent UAE, from operating Russian defense equipment?
Specially when GCC knows very well and even treat current US administration, as an ally of ayatolas and vice versa.

Back
Top Bottom