What's new

The UAE is the first partner and customer of the fifth generation Checkmate aircraft

OK, but there will be a possibility if UAE will buy this jet from Russia, USA will impose some kind of sanctions on UAE if not CAATSA
No my friend.. the S-400 sensors interfere with the F-35 ones..hence jeopardizing the whole European and US fleets of the F-35 electronic systems' secrets.. you can see that the level of risk is way too high for NATO to accept..

Getting a warplane design and integrating Westers electronics on it, represents no risk whatsoever to NATO and the US.. and none to Russia either as a matter of fact..

The relationship is too fragile to risk losing hence why USA didn't sanction Turkey very much except taking F-35s and sanctioning SSB.
lets wait and see what will happen in future, Turkey has relatively old US tech only F 16 block 52/40 etc etc, but UAE has latest US tech like THAAD/F16 block 60 etc etc USA will never allow Russians to have a closer look to their latest military tech
No my friend.. the S-400 sensors interfere with the F-35 ones..hence jeopardizing the whole European and US fleets of the F-35 electronic systems' secrets.. you can see that the level of risk is way too high for NATO to accept..

Getting a warplane design and integrating Westers electronics on it, represents no risk whatsoever to NATO and the US.. and none to Russia either as a matter of fact..
i mean spying of US tech by Russian in UAE

OK, but there will be a possibility if UAE will buy this jet from Russia, USA will impose some kind of sanctions on UAE if not CAATSA
There is no buying..it is a Joint venture.. each one of the two will make its own special version and the standard version will be sold to customers ..

is USA/NATO or Russia allow to integrate western avionics/AESA on Checkmate or vice versa???, is their any example of that?? i am not talking upgrading of old jets but installing western avionics on BRAND NEW RUSSIAN JETS???
There is no buying..it is a Joint venture.. each one of the two will make its own special version and the standard version will be sold to customers ..
Look brother, you're not digging it deeply, is there is a possibility that UAE manufacture it or buy it from Russia and Install western avionics on it, Russia will promote their avionics on this jet, and integration of your western system will be difficult, we have 2 system on PAF (western) and (Chinese) and yet we are unable to integrate both system, so it is not that easy that you think brother

Last edited:
No, main concept of CAATSA is US military tech will not fall in wrong hand Hint= China and Russia
I see you confusing CAATSA with the signing of Non-disclosure agreements in almost any military deal made on this planet..which means when you buy some nations weapons you can't dsclose any technical information about them to any third party.. but for spying.. China gets what it wants from the US itslef through its intelligence agencies and its cyber-warfare units.. While CAATSA which means Countering America's Adversaries Through Sanctions Act .. a United States federal law that imposed sanctions on Iran, North Korea, and Russia. So if one buys a product from a sanctioned company in these countries ..he - for the US - falls also under the CAATSA law..
is USA/NATO or Russia allow to integrate western avionics/AESA on Checkmate or vice versa???, is their any example of that?? i am not talking upgrading of old jets but installing western avionics on BRAND NEW RUSSIAN JETS???

Look brother, you're not digging it deeply, is there is a possibility that UAE manufacture it or buy it from Russia and Install western avionics on it, Russia will promote their avionics on this jet, and integration of your western system will be difficult, we have 2 system on PAF (western) and (Chinese) and yet we are unable to integrate both system, so it is not that easy that you think brother
Not when you are sharing the IP.. just like China and Pakistan..it is the same case.. the UAE can integrate any Western systems it sees appropriate for its needs.. I remember in the beginning of the J-17 Blk I.. that Pakistan was seeking a French engine and avionics and an Italian AESA radar..

Emirati delegation visiting the Checkmate

1626990871478.png

1626990835543.png

Not when you are sharing the IP.. just like China and Pakistan..it is the same case.. the UAE can integrate any Western systems it sees appropriate for its needs.. I remember in the beginning of the J-17 Blk I.. that Pakistan was seeking a French engine and avionics and an Italian AESA radar..
Yes brother you're right, about it we think that but because of our financial situations in mid 2000 we chose all Chinese radar and avionics, this fighter jet will use open architecture, thanks brother for correcting me

July-22nd-2021

article_60f90209b68246_18298464.jpg

The unveiling of the ‘Checkmate’ stealth fighter in the lead up to the MAKS 2021 international aerospace show, which opened on July 20th, led to widespread speculation regarding which countries may be considered leading clients for the aircraft. The aircraft represents only the world’s second single engine post-fourth generation fighter to be unveiled, following the American F-35, and will serve as a lighter counterpart to the Su-57 with lower maintenance requirements and much cheaper operational costs. It is the lightest fifth generation fighter yet to be seen anywhere in the world, and unlike the Su-57 it is oriented primarily towards export markets with its development gaining no government funds contributing towards its development. While the investment in a fighter so heavily geared towards export markets is unusual - particularly unless some of the leading possible clients are given inputs into the design as was seen with China’s export-oriented JF-17 developed for Pakistan - the CEO of Russia’s state arms exporter Rostec reportedly confirmed at MAKS 2021 that the aircraft already had a foreign buyer.

A report from a source close to the Russian defence industry, who asked to remain anonymous, has stated that the Checkmate's mystery client is in fact the United Arab Emirates - a country highlighted in the fighter's promotional video as a leading potential operator. The new Russian stealth fighter was reportedly developed with inputs from the UAE, much like the JF-17 was developed with inputs from Pakistan, to meet its needs and secure it as a financer and purchaser. Although the source’s statement could not be independently verified, it remains highly possible that it is indeed the case. In February 2017 Russia and the UAE announced the beginning of a joint program to develop a next generation fighter with stealth capabilities that would enter service after 2025 - with the Checkmate scheduled to be ready in 2026. The announcement was made at the IDEX 2017 arms trade show in Abu Dhabi, and it was speculated that the result could be either a derivative of the MiG-35 or Su-35 with stealth features, much like the American F-15SE Silent Eagle, or an entirely new aircraft like the Checkmate.

Russia’s development and unveiling of a new fighter class for export without a confirmed client would be a major risk, which is why the report that the Checkmate is indeed the result of the Russia-UAE project makes sense. Of all the countries speculated to show an interest in the fighter, Abu Dhabi is best positioned to have financed and committed to the program. In addition, with no report that the Russia-UAE program was cancelled, its would be highly unusual for Russia to develop the Checkmate for export highlighting the UAE as a leading client while at the same time developing another next generation lightweight fighter jointly with the Arab country. The United Arab Emirates currently fields six fighter squadrons of fourth generation single engine fighters each around 20 strong, including three each of the ageing French Mirage 2000 and relatively modern F-16E Desert Falcon. It is expected that the Mirages will be replaced by 50 F-35s, while the F-16s could be replaced by the Checkmate. This would allow the country to avoid over-reliance on a single country or set of armaments for its next generation fighters. As France is not expected to ever develop a post-fourth generation fighter independently, with the ‘4+ generation’ Rafale being its last fully indigenous manned fighter, Russia will effectively take its place in the fifth generation to meet the UAE's needs alongside the United States.

https://militarywatchmagazine.com/article/sukhoi-light-stealth-jet-russia-uae-joint-program-report
Never in a million years. UAE will not touch this plane (ok maybe they'll touch it like in the pic above - but not buy it unless they can convince the Americans that they'll buy the IP for the plane lock, stock and barrel.)

Never in a million years. UAE will not touch this plane (ok maybe they'll touch it like in the pic above - but not buy it unless they can convince the Americans that they'll buy the IP for the plane lock, stock and barrel.)
Why..even screws can spy on Americans in the UAE.... do you really believe what you are writing?
I see you haven't even noticed that the two partners are all by themselves with the Checkmate..

Let's see if its confirmed, that report from a Russian expert could just be pulled out of the writers ***.

If confirmed, UAE can integrate any weapons it develops locally using ex-Denel engineers.
If and a big if America allows it.

Why..even screws can spy on Americans in the UAE.... do you really believe what you are writing?
I see you haven't even noticed that the two partners are all by themselves with the Checkmate..
Actually I do believe what I am writing, why would I write otherwise. UAE is deeply in the US camp and this issue is not big enough for the UAE to hurt its relationship with the US. Yes they are independent, but the UAE is a very practical group, and I dont see a Russian acquisition being important enough to hurt US relationship especially when the US is likely to make the F35 available for them. Like I said only way this is happening is if the UAE convinces the US and buys the project outright, or gets into some co-development path. As a pure commercial deal to buy from Russia, that is not going to happen.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom