What's new

The Sikh woman who stood up to online abuse about her facial hair

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are Atheist, be one, don't judge religion and people of follow them. Keep it to yourself.

If you are Hindu, Muslim or Christian, you don't have right to say any thing derogatory about other religion or its followers.

This incident shows the social common twisted norms and the hypocrisy. The indifference and in-sensitiveness towards other religions.

She is mocked for her facial hairs. Do it, support the h OP, laugh at a girl whom could have become emotionally scared and becoming matter of joke opts for Suicide. Your personal view and few words took someone's life. But then you will say it was her inability to cope up with.

BUT when next time an Indian or Pakistani is beaten over his race or comments are passed on him, don't raise the eyebrows, don't let your blood boil. When someone call you brown and black skin low life, don't get angry.

I daily see people defending their religion and beliefs, there are threads on cultures, civilizations, fashion, norms, blasphemy, mockery of religious figures etc. with lot of hatred and mud slinging. Why don't import your frame of reference in this case ?

Most of the people here are showing what they think is acceptable. I may not like a certain thing about a religious obligation of a person and I have personal feeling about and say something derogatory, let it be an isolated incident, deal with it. As I said its my personal opinion. My freedom of speech.

Don't put your glasses of viewing the world, rather look through their glasses when you observe or try to understand them.

If you want to see how it feels like at receiving end, remove your anonymity on this forum and lets have a look at your profile, pictures and judge you by your features.

If you are Atheist, be one, don't judge religion and people of follow them. Keep it to yourself.

If you are Hindu, Muslim or Christian, you don't have right to say any thing derogatory about other religion or its followers.

This incident shows the social common twisted norms and the hypocrisy. The indifference and in-sensitiveness towards other religions.

She is mocked for her facial hairs. Do it, support the h OP, laugh at a girl whom could have become emotionally scared and becoming matter of joke opts for Suicide. Your personal view and few words took someone's life. But then you will say it was her inability to cope up with.

BUT when next time an Indian or Pakistani is beaten over his race or comments are passed on him, don't raise the eyebrows, don't let your blood boil. When someone call you brown and black skin low life, don't get angry.

I daily see people defending their religion and beliefs, there are threads on cultures, civilizations, fashion, norms, blasphemy, mockery of religious figures etc. with lot of hatred and mud slinging. Why don't import your frame of reference in this case ?

Most of the people here are showing what they think is acceptable. I may not like a certain thing about a religious obligation of a person and I have personal feeling about and say something derogatory, let it be an isolated incident, deal with it. As I said its my personal opinion. My freedom of speech.

Don't put your glasses of viewing the world, rather look through their glasses when you observe or try to understand them.

If you want to see how it feels like at receiving end, remove your anonymity on this forum and lets have a look at your profile, pictures and judge you by your features.

xsmPu.gif

Why we have religious clashes and dicrimination???
Because religions is one thing that doesn't change with time. World modernises, constitutions get amendments, but religions supposedly the word of God never changes.

I am a sikh and never had long hair, but I respect this religion and guys who keep them. But a woman with facial hair is not something a modern society will accept easily.

People should understand that scritps written 100s yrs ago need reforms.

It is her right to practise her religion the way she wants, I work with Sikh girls and I know some that do not cut hair but there is others that may but in the end it is their personal choice.

yes i have worked with sikh women too in england....they dont cut their hairs...not on face..no in armpits.....not on private parts....not on legs......they say hair is natural so they dont cut it......but they have a contradiction....they all cut their nails.....nails are also natural.....why cutting nails and not hairs........lets be fair .....

sikh people who dont cut their have "jurras"...i.e pony on their heads and in their pants

yes i have worked with sikh women too in england....they dont cut their hairs...not on face..no in armpits.....not on private parts....not on legs......they say hair is natural so they dont cut it......but they have a contradiction....they all cut their nails.....nails are also natural.....why cutting nails and not hairs........lets be fair .....

sikh people who dont cut their have "jurras"...i.e pony on their heads and in their pants

That is false, 95% of sikh women cut all their hair except on head. She is extremely religious, not everyone is like her.

That is false, 95% of sikh women cut all their hair except on head. She is extremely religious, not everyone is like her.

Am sorry, religion itself is judgmental. So I have every right to judge religion. I dont judge people though ^^. Same way, when religion is preached and propagated, I can talk about Atheism too. Its my freedom of speech ^^

I can't tell if that's an Amreet or a Preet.

LMFAO!! :rofl:

And lets count the bodies now...How many people burned some flags...how many killed their likes in protests...how many shops ...schools ..houses were burnt....

None...damn it ....

If there was a retard of the year award.
You would have won it.

thats not correct......cutting hairs is completely forbidden by sikh scriptures....dont lie and mislead others....do u have any proof that sikhism allows cutting all the hairs expect those on head?

FAQs About Sikhs | The Sikh Next Door | Education Curriculum About Sikhs and Sikh Religion

I am not misleading anyone here. I dont need to.

Even eating chicken is forbidden in sikhism. Lol we are the biggest per capita consumers of chicken in India :lol:
It also says doing ardaas 5 times a day like islam, but we do it once every year on parties in gurdwara.

Now cutting hair is forbidden, but who follows it??? no one especially girls dont care about it. All girls will get their eyebrows trimmed and averything else too. Only guys keep hair, which if fine.

95% of sikhs including me have never even opened up and read Sri Guru Granth Sahib. My father used to read but I don't know whats on its first page. Sikhism is a very liberal religion and its getting more and more liberal with time. I think it is good. Hardcore sikhs are very few, who read and follow every line in the Granth Sahib.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom