What's new

The real gap between China and India

Indian Army ammunition won’t even last 10 days in event of a war, suggests CAG reports

Indian Amry's plan to stock up 50% ammunition by March 2015 remained far from realization with just 10% in stock.

army-759.jpg

If India were to go to war now, 90 per cent of its available ammunition would not last even for 10 days, inferred the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) in a report tabled in Parliament on Friday. It said the ammunition roadmap drawn by the Army in 2012 for building up the stock to 50 per cent by March 2015 and 100 per cent by 2019 has remained far from realisation.

Coming down heavily on the Defence Ministry, the Army, ordnance factories and quality assurance agencies, the report highlighted that while the Army blamed the Ordnance Factories Board (OFB) for delays and slippage, the OFB asked for lesser money from the government than what was required to meet the Army’s projections. Seventeen of the import projects initiated in 2013 have not been concluded so far, the national auditor said.

As reported earlier, the Army had told a Parliamentary panel that the mountain strike corps was being raised by using ammunition from War Wastage Reserve (WWR).

According to the report, however, only 10 per cent of the ammunition is available to meet a 40-day WWR.

Further, 84 per cent of the high caliber ammunition of the country was “critical” — meaning of quantity that could last for just about 10 days.

The report has blamed the shortage on the inability of the Ordnance Factories Board to meet the demand of the Army as well as the delays in imports. It has highlighted that the minimum acceptable risk level (MARL) — which benchmarks a minimum availability of ammunition for 20 days and was set by the Army HQ in 1999 after the Kargil war — has not been achieved even 15 years later.

For the reviewed period of 2009-2013, the types of critical ammunition increased from 15 per cent in March 2009 to 50 per cent in March 2013.

The comprehensive report that examined 69 types of ammunition, the inability of the ordnance factories to meet the projected requirements by the Army was one of the reasons for the depleting ammunition ratios.

For instance, the OFB has been consistently meeting only between 63-72 per cent of the Army’s annual projected ammunition requirements.

The report has blamed the OFB for projecting lesser budgetary requirement from the government than what was needed to meet the targets given by the Army. It also said that close to Rs 94 crore worth of ammunition/components manufactured by the ordnance factories were rejected by the quality testing agencies, thus adding to the shortage.

According to the report, nine cases initiated to procure the ammunition from import/trade were delayed due to single vendor situation, complexities in transfer of technology, finalisation of requirements by the Army HQ and delays in receiving bids.

Interestingly, ammunition worth Rs 3,578 crore was lying in segregated condition even as ammunition worth Rs 2,109 crore was awaiting repairs.

http://indianexpress.com/article/in...-plan-to-fill-ammo-stock-yet-to-take-off-cag/

Last edited:
Indian Army ammunition won’t even last 10 days in event of a war, suggests CAG reports

Indian Amry's plan to stock up 50% ammunition by March 2015 remained far from realization with just 10% in stock.

army-759.jpg

If India were to go to war now, 90 per cent of its available ammunition would not last even for 10 days, inferred the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) in a report tabled in Parliament on Friday. It said the ammunition roadmap drawn by the Army in 2012 for building up the stock to 50 per cent by March 2015 and 100 per cent by 2019 has remained far from realisation.

Coming down heavily on the Defence Ministry, the Army, ordnance factories and quality assurance agencies, the report highlighted that while the Army blamed the Ordnance Factories Board (OFB) for delays and slippage, the OFB asked for lesser money from the government than what was required to meet the Army’s projections. Seventeen of the import projects initiated in 2013 have not been concluded so far, the national auditor said.

As reported earlier, the Army had told a Parliamentary panel that the mountain strike corps was being raised by using ammunition from War Wastage Reserve (WWR).

According to the report, however, only 10 per cent of the ammunition is available to meet a 40-day WWR.

Further, 84 per cent of the high caliber ammunition of the country was “critical” — meaning of quantity that could last for just about 10 days.

The report has blamed the shortage on the inability of the Ordnance Factories Board to meet the demand of the Army as well as the delays in imports. It has highlighted that the minimum acceptable risk level (MARL) — which benchmarks a minimum availability of ammunition for 20 days and was set by the Army HQ in 1999 after the Kargil war — has not been achieved even 15 years later.

For the reviewed period of 2009-2013, the types of critical ammunition increased from 15 per cent in March 2009 to 50 per cent in March 2013.

The comprehensive report that examined 69 types of ammunition, the inability of the ordnance factories to meet the projected requirements by the Army was one of the reasons for the depleting ammunition ratios.

For instance, the OFB has been consistently meeting only between 63-72 per cent of the Army’s annual projected ammunition requirements.

The report has blamed the OFB for projecting lesser budgetary requirement from the government than what was needed to meet the targets given by the Army. It also said that close to Rs 94 crore worth of ammunition/components manufactured by the ordnance factories were rejected by the quality testing agencies, thus adding to the shortage.

According to the report, nine cases initiated to procure the ammunition from import/trade were delayed due to single vendor situation, complexities in transfer of technology, finalisation of requirements by the Army HQ and delays in receiving bids.

Interestingly, ammunition worth Rs 3,578 crore was lying in segregated condition even as ammunition worth Rs 2,109 crore was awaiting repairs.

http://indianexpress.com/article/in...-plan-to-fill-ammo-stock-yet-to-take-off-cag/
Be that as it may, India still has the most potent weapon of them all: the Mk-I Road Apple.

Reports indicate that India possesses an overwhelming supply of such munitions, and it constantly producing more. Such horrible weapons would wreak devastating olfactory havoc on any opposing force. China should tread carefully, literally and figuratively.

As long as a war break indian would cry out begging inter-nation support of the US and Russia like a baby

China Offers 100 VT4 Main Battle Tanks for Peru

fa202fb0225f457792461583d77371d5.jpg

China offers 100 VT4 main battle tanks also known as MBT -3000 for Peru, but the Peruvian government at this time, has not decided so far buying any tank, either Russian or Chinese.

Chinese executives assured the Peruvian delegation that unlike the MBT-2000, all components of the new MBT-3000 is manufactured by them (remember that the MBT 2000 gearbox has belonged Ukraine and China had no right to sell the tanks to a third country) MBT package of logistics and ammunition China includes but is not specified how much quoted per tank.

According to news agency Bloomberg, the cost per unit is $ 4 million compared to US tank Abrams, $ 6.9 million.

The VT4 (MBT3000) is a Chinese third generation main battle tank currently under development by Norinco. Pakistan plans to license and manufacture MBT 3000 as Al-Hyder tank.

The tank gun is a 125 mm (4.9 in) smoothbore, which can fire various shells including: kinetic energy penetrator, high explosive squash head and high explosive anti-tank warhead. In addition, the main gun can fire anti-tank missiles with a maximum range of 5,000 m (5,500 yd). In an interview with the tank’s designer, it is revealed that the main gun can fire a new APFSDS round that is capable of penetrating 1000 millimeters of RHA, presumably at a distance of 2000 meters. The VT4 can carry 38 rounds of main gun ammunition with a maximum loading speed of 8 rounds per minute with 22 rounds in theautoloader.

Peru buy new Chinese AR3 Multiple Rocket Launcher System

50_272329971.jpg

Peru buy new Chinese AR3 370mm Multiple Launcher Rocket System (MLRS) is a long range suppressing weapon system developed and manufactured by NORINCO..

Army Major General Ronald Hurtado Jimenez in an interview released this July 18, Peru present its new multiple launchers, according to Chinese sources will be the Norinco AR3.

The AR3 is equipped at the rear of the chassis with two pods each of four 370 mm rockets.

The weapon system adopts an integralized platform, container-launcher box, and integrated missile launch control system etc.

norinco_ar3.jpg

Belarus receives first batch of CS/VN3 armoured vehicles from China

K_9O6V6CnJA-696x464.jpg

Belarus has received the first batch of CS/VN3 armoured vehicles that were donated by the government of China.

That was reported by 42.tut.by.

The first wheeled light armored vehicles gifted by the government of China has arrived in Minsk National Airport 20 June. The CS/VN3C can carry a total of 10 soldiers including driver, commander, and 8 troops. The armored personnel carriers weigh 8.7 ton and the all-welded steel hull provides protection against small arms, shell splinters.

The vehicles are motorized with a turbo diesel engine (245 hp) coupled to a mechanical transmission. It can run at a maximum speed of 100 km/h with a maximum cruising range of 800 km.

The engine and the transmission are located at the front of the vehicle. The vehicle is fitted with an independent suspension and bracket with double horizontal arms. The driver is seated at the front left side and the commander at its right. One single door is available on each side of the hull and one more at the rear.

The CS/VN3 can be fitted with a roof-mounted turret, armed with a 7.62 mm machine gun. In addition, smoke grenade launchers can be installed on the turret.

ay8oVeHa3lU.jpg

1, India is the only country in the world that does not have an independent satellite navigation system.

2, India is the only country in the world without manned space technology (not to blame India, because there are only three countries in the world with manned space technology, Russia, USA, China)

3, India is the only country in the world with no space docking technology.

4, India is the only country in the world without the moon landing technology.

I have to admire Chinese intelligence and logic. I feel so bad for India as it is the only country in the world without these - can we buy this technology from Malawi? Or Sierra Leone? Perhaps Burundi would be kind enough to let us borrow this technology.

I have to admire Chinese intelligence and logic. I feel so bad for India as it is the only country in the world without these - can we buy this technology from Malawi? Or Sierra Leone? Perhaps Burundi would be kind enough to let us borrow this technology.
I mean is great power.

I mean is great power.
Ah, nice of you to say India is a "great power". I don't think anyone except USA or Russia come anywhere near that term. But hey, if you guys wish to award yourself that status - be my guest.

I never thought a Chinese will look down upon a profession. I don't believe Chinese in PDF are real.
This is not the point of the thread. It's a joke.

Ah, nice of you to say India is a "great power". I don't think anyone except USA or Russia come anywhere near that term. But hey, if you guys wish to award yourself that status - be my guest.
Please don't lie!!!
There are three countries in the world is great power., whose list is -- USA, Russia, India.
Don't forget the propaganda in India. You have to remember and believe it.

This is not the point of the thread. It's a joke.

Please don't lie!!!
There are three countries in the world is great power., whose list is -- USA, Russia, India.
Don't forget the propaganda in India. You have to remember and believe it.
LOL - India has "soft power" - it is not a military powerhouse. Propaganda is a Communist tactic - I don't expect a Chinese to understand how democracies work. Unless the Chinese are refugees in India of course.

LOL - India has "soft power" - it is not a military powerhouse. Propaganda is a Communist tactic - I don't expect a Chinese to understand how democracies work. Unless the Chinese are refugees in India of course.
Correct!!!
I really can't understand 1 billion Dalit democracy! This is India's soft power. But I want to increase with the population of India in China. Indians will understand what a normal country is.

Supa 2020 :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom