What's new

The Pakistan Navy's Frigate Options

i dont think pakistan has enough dough to the point you will be arming them to the teeth in kit.

As you have mentioned on an earlier post sir "money talks". If it was me I'd give it for free lol! Provided they don't give it to China hahahahahaha! You guys should have fixed everything between Pakistan and India before you left. It would have saved a lot of trouble. (I know this is off topic)

Those F-16's kept their neighbor at bay for a quarter century now and will do so in the future.

Last edited:
As you have mentioned on an earlier post sir "money talks". If it was me I'd give it for free lol! Provided they don't give it to China hahahahahaha! You guys should have fixed everything between Pakistan and India before you left. It would have saved a lot of trouble. (I know this is off topic)

Those F-16's keep their neighbor at bay for a quarter century now and will do so in the future.
we love to leave our mark be fore we leave. heck look at hong kong and israel, our doing but shhh thats our little secret.

im sure bush knew what he was doing when he sold aim120 under the guise of wot, that made me crack up the most. that unless he saw one of their neighbors as terrorists?;)

as for the ships? they need to pull another Houdini

Main issue is really limited budget for PN.
It is hard to go for expensive option.
Most possibly PN will go for used Ships as They are purchasing new Submarine at the moment.

But in coming few years we could see some tremendous change in procurement of PN as Gawadar is going to be operational soon.

U436P4T426D188334F16470DT20130328105105.jpg

show - CSOC

all talks are rubbish until you set your budget or availability of enough fund for the Navy . if you can manage to get 1 Billion Dollar yearly capital budget then you have one option or if you have 200~300 million Dollar yearly budget then you have other option .

U436P4T426D188334F16470DT20130328105105.jpg

show - CSOC
what are the specs of the ship on the right?

Those F-16's kept their neighbor at bay for a quarter century now and will do so in the future.
are you pakistani? the first part of you name is english but the second part is asain.

CHINA!! (But a Pakistani member also pointed out that they don't make good stuff)

So we are back to those Supahdupah OHP.

Chinese Type 54A , is 100 times better than OHP ...

been patriotic is good but been a blind patriot is stupid :)

4 F22P (Plus) , with Pakistani Navy's enhancements
3 Older ships (UK/USA) , OHP or retiring destroyer
3 Leased Chinese Type 054A, with option to purchase

More then enough for Pakistan navy if it happens

Last edited:
Agreed Sir! If it was up to me I'll be arming the Pakistanis to the teeth the whole she bang. A strong and stable Pakistan is in the interest of the US of A.

and you say that after screwing us here in the colonies from the time John Cabot came here in 1498 to 1783 when we poked you out with our pitch forks! :usflag::taz:

Haha .. In states gals like to date brits ! :D

I intentionally quoted you since some "yahoo" might be asking who posted and all that crap you know how it is here sir. The Italians and Spanish? I seriously doubt it. Maybe "Mother Old England"? Since Pakistan was once a part of your EMPIRE! Oh! so are we!!!!! You Red Coat YOU!!!! We'll get you!!!!

With regards to the quality of the Chinese made ships, it was a PAKISTANI MEMBER who said it. Pakistan being buddy buddy terms with China there must be a core of truth there. Never mind taking into consideration the feed backs of Chinese made goods all around the world.

The quality of ship is good but hull design and related tech is behind west, I have visited F-22P my self and found out its quite well built and maintained.

Agreed Sir! If it was up to me I'll be arming the Pakistanis to the teeth the whole she bang. A strong and stable Pakistan is in the interest of the US of A.

and you say that after screwing us here in the colonies from the time John Cabot came here in 1498 to 1783 when we poked you out with our pitch forks! :usflag::taz:

Arming Pakistan to the teeth is going to make many PDF members go bananas...

It would be good to give some decent naval equipment that can be used for defensive role...Unfortunately the OHP were also canceled and the upgrade for one ship is not feasible. The options could be that Turkey somehow manages to give some OHP's but that too is going to take a few years.

With regards to the quality of the Chinese made ships, it was a PAKISTANI MEMBER who said it. Pakistan being buddy buddy terms with China there must be a core of truth there. Never mind taking into consideration the feed backs of Chinese made goods all around the world.

Actually in the last decade, Chinese made naval ships hulls are of very high standard, and the ship systems are on par with western standards. If you have never set a foot on the Chinese naval ships, don't make harsh judgments so casually.

I remembered back in Sept 2007, when Chinese naval DDG-168 (052B Class) destroyer visited Porthmouth, the British sailors were quite impressed and envious of the modern and new stealth design and more importantly the numbers of new Chinese warships. Because then they were still awaiting the induction of Type-45 destroyers!

Later on, even the 1000-tonne lifting capacity "Goliath" crane used to construct Britain's Queen Elizabeth Class Carrier were transported from Shanghai, China. That speaks some of the truth in the quality of current China's ship building industry. https://www.imeche.org/news/news-ar...s-at-rosyth-for-aircraft-carrier-construction

Reference:
Huge crane arrives at Rosyth for aircraft carrier construction

What's with the title that people make a big deal about? Does it piss you off that I was a former member of the US Army!? Can someone just remove the title please? @waz buddy can you please remove it and just make me a member? This keyboard warrior clown is jealous. Oh and just to inform you @RAMPAGE , I am a professional.

Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

View attachment 294276

Proud to have you on here bro. Thanks.

But we are, Sir. I'm referring to the under-construction 17000 tons fleet tanker at KSEW.

Construction of a fleet tanker and a warship is different.
We need such a program for our MFP project also.

any idea what they are looking at? or how serious they are?
i mean common, you still have 1960's ship in service and are knackered.
the ohp you have is only good as a trainer as it does not have much teeth
look at it, it does not even have a main gun. the mk13 vls is no more. i know it has a towed sonar array and torpedoes, and im not sure about harpoons.(well it was a asw initially which may explain things)

3781189.jpg

I advised you earlier also, the web doesn't make you an expert on everything.
Harpoons are pretty deadly teeth...

Back
Top Bottom