What's new

The Pakistan Navy's Frigate Options

what are the specs of the ship on the right?

are you pakistani? the first part of you name is english but the second part is asain.
My dear Sir @Blue Marlin , nope I am an American, born and bred yank! The user name is actually the names of my sons combined. James and David hence, JAEVID. It sounds cool right? You are actually the 3rd person who asked me the same question here.

Chinese Type 54A , is 100 times better than OHP ...

been patriotic is good but been a blind patriot is stupid :)
As I have said it was a Pakistani member who said it buddy. So go blame him for saying it. Now run along boy.

Haha .. In states gals like to date brits ! :D
Yeah! Maybe they think they are dating James Bond or something hahahahahahaha! @Providence what's wrong with you!!??!!

Actually in the last decade, Chinese made naval ships hulls are of very high standard, and the ship systems are on par with western standards. If you have never set a foot on the Chinese naval ships, don't make harsh judgments so casually.

I remembered back in Sept 2007, when Chinese naval DDG-168 (052B Class) destroyer visited Porthmouth, the British sailors were quite impressed and envious of the modern and new stealth design and more importantly the numbers of new Chinese warships. Because then they were still awaiting the induction of Type-45 destroyers!

Later on, even the 1000-tonne lifting capacity "Goliath" crane used to construct Britain's Queen Elizabeth Class Carrier were transported from Shanghai, China. That speaks some of the truth in the quality of current China's ship building industry.

Reference:
Huge crane arrives at Rosyth for aircraft carrier construction
If you say so my friend. In fact I am using a HUAWEI phone and I am very much satisfied with the performance. Not all are up to certain standards maybe but still, very impressive.

We keep forgetting that cash is not available. Unfortunately navy remains the 3rd priority with our military planners.

View attachment 294377

I advised you earlier also, the web doesn't make you an expert on everything.
Harpoons are pretty deadly teeth...
well i see the twin 4 cell launchers in the came location some type 21 have them
1291811.jpg

also i would like to remind you that im not in that navy or the pakistani navy, you on there other hand is/are in the navy.

Whoah!!! What's with you two "Red Coats" first you screw us "yanks" for God knows how long take our land, now you get our "Texas" Cheerleaders!??! errrrrrr gals!??! We'll get you!!! :usflag::taz::taz::usflag:
:butcher:
tbh i have not visited the states :unsure: and i only know about 2 people from across the pond, a guy from kansas and nyc. you cant tell the difference between a british guy and an american guy but when he talks, its obvious. as for the cheerleaders??? why have them?

My dear Sir @Blue Marlin , nope I am an American, born and bred yank! The user name is actually the names of my sons combined. James and David hence, JAEVID. It sounds cool right? You are actually the 3rd person who asked me the same question here.

As I have said it was a Pakistani member who said it buddy. So go blame him for saying it. Now run along boy.

Yeah! Maybe they think they are dating James Bond or something hahahahahahaha! @Providence what's wrong with you!!??!!

If you say so my friend. In fact I am using a HUAWEI phone and I am very much satisfied with the performance. Not all are up to certain standards maybe but still, very impressive.
so does that mean your a yankistani?

well i see the twin 4 cell launchers in the came location some type 21 have them

also i would like to remind you that im not in that navy or the pakistani navy, you on there other hand is/are in the navy.

I know that bro.
That's why I advise you to not to believe everything you find on the web.

IVER HUITFELDT-CLASS From Denmark
we can buy this in $325 M/piece

iver-huitfeldt-class.jpg
Huitfeldt class and Absalon class share common hull with same propulsion and basic systems, and many components. This means development costs are lower and spread over more hulls.
ship.jpg

Navy | krigsmakten

Huitfeldt class: The cost for all three frigates fitted with sensors and weapons (save Standard SM-2 air defence missiles) is given as 4.7 billion Kroner (Cdn $1B or about $333M per ship).

4,700,000,000.00 DKK = 629,707,319.38 EUR = 697,876,215.25 USD
About 210 million Euro or 233 million USD per ship (no helicopter)

Absalon class: Prices as low as 1.256 billion Kroner (Cdn $263M) have been quoted. The actual cost for the entire Absalon class program, completely equipped, is quoted as 2.7B Kroner (Cdn $565M).

2,700,000,000.00 DKK = 361,744,515.81 EUR = 401,091,699.05 USD
About 186 million Euro or 200 million USD per ship (no helicopter)

BY COMPARISON
The first three were built at the Hudong-Zhonghua Shipyard in Shanghai, China, while the last ship was constructed in Pakistan by Karachi Shipyard and Engineering Works (KSEW) and was completed in 2013. The $750 million contract also includes 4-6 Harbin Z-9EC anti-submarine warfare (ASW) helicopters as well as ammunition for the frigates.
F-22P Zulfiquar-class frigate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Which boils down to $188 million USD per ship, including at least 1 helicopter and ammunitions.

As we are aware, Pakistan may very well be getting these for friendship prices, which China has used in the past e.g. vis-a-vis Thailand. But still, seeing as how different these ships are in terms of capability, it can't be that they cost about the same.

Comparison from Danish Naval Projects - Patrol Frigate - Iver Huitfeld Class - Patrol Ship - Projekt Patruljeskib - NATO Comparisons - CASR - Canadian American Strategic Review - Danish Ships - Standard Flex - Frigate Project - Absalon Class - SCSC - Single Class - Surface Combatant - Type 124 - FREMM - F100 Frigate - De Zeven Provinciën - Shipbuilding - Canadian Forces - DND
Unit costs for naval vessels (especially when averaged) are notoriously unreliable – there are simply too many variables and accounting practices. With that caveat in mind, the following are rough unit prices for the frigates mentioned in the text and the Single Class Surface Combatant.
• Danish – 1.5B Kr = $333M Cdn (Project Patruljeskibe) = 3 ships + 2 flexible support ships
• FREMM – 280M € = $447M Cdn (French version, diesel powered) = ? units (initially 17 units, currently 8) 328 to 437 to 795 per unit. Almost 900 with development cost. EUROS
• FREMM – 350M € = $600M Cdn (Italian version, turbine powered) = 10 units, last 2 at 764 million euro =390 each
• Dutch – 400M € = $639M Cdn (De Zeven Provinciën class) = 4 units
(or up to – 450M € = $719M Cdn quotes vary according to source)
• Spanish – 400M € = $639M Cdn (F100/Nansen class, prices vary) F100 (7-2=5, last one costing 800m+ euro. See 3 ship Hobart class Australia) and Nansen are very different ships (3.33billion USD for 5 ships > 666m USD)
• Typ 125 – 550M € = $878M Cdn (projected German Fregatte Klasse F125) 4 ships
• FREMM – 550M € = $879M Cdn (projected air defence version) see above
• Typ 124 – 700M € = $1.12B Cdn (German Sachsen class air defence frigate) 3 ships

In view of this, I find the price quited for the Danish ships unbelievably low.

A top of the line but not very big frigate is the LaFayette based Formidable class obtained by Singapore (6 ships)
Naval Analyses: Formidable class frigates of the Republic of Singapore Navy

According to Sipri.org : $750 m deal (part of $1.6 b 'Project Delta'); incl 5 produced in Singapore; ordered 2000, delivered 2007-2009. That would be $1,032,3m in 2015 > $172m per ship. Still seems on the low side if you ask me.

Consider the "DW 3000F " for Thailand
DW-3000H-frigate-starboard.jpg

"Following a contract with Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering (DSME) for a 3,700-ton frigate, the Royal Thai Navy plans to procure one more frigate built by the South Korean shipyard, according to officials. The contract for the first frigate was signed in August. The deal was valued around $470 million, the highest weapons import for a single item in Thailand."
South Korea Sees More Weapons Sales to Thailand | Chiang Rai Times English Language Newspaper

Incheon FFX / HDF-3000 type Frigate:Each FFX Batch I frigate is said to cost around WON 250 billion ($232 million).
FFK Ulsan class Frigate Korea (FFK)
20130626_%EB%8C%80%ED%95%9C%ED%95%B4%ED%98%91_%EC%A0%84%EC%8A%B9%ED%96%89%EC%82%AC_%284%29_%289460603621%29.jpg

Batch 2 ships (units 4 to 6-12) are larger and more expensive : USD 305.8 million.
Korean Navy Orders Another Frigate from DSME | Naval Today
Korean-Navy-Orders-Another-Frigate-from-DSME.jpg

The South Korean products above aside, relevant Navantia products could be :
Navantia - Líneas de Actividad - CONSTRUCCIÓN NAVAL - BUQUES MILITARES

A01156173130811114357.jpg

All these options require money and possibly noc from US for some key components

Back
Top Bottom