What's new

The Pakistan Navy's Frigate Options

Our Naval architects have been trained abroad and have worked on major modification programs on the Gearing class, Type 21's and finally the F22P.
This should be joint project between Pakistan, China & Turkey or any 2.
The chinese hull designs are pretty good and we will install all the other systems of our choice.
This will take time, sure, but it will be worth it. It's time the Navy starts it's own Thunder like project.
is pakistan actively looking for a replacement of the type 21's or are they gonna wait 5 years for the type 23's?
or is something else in the works? if so what is it?

@James Jaevid lad its no good thanking me whats your input on this? after all congress blocked the transfer of ohp to pakistan so that they are in this mess in the first place.:angry:

is pakistan actively looking for a replacement of the type 21's or are they gonna wait 5 years for the type 23's?

@James Jaevid lad its no good thanking me whats your input on this? after all congress blocked the transfer of ohp to pakistan so that they are in this mess in the first place.:angry:

@Blue Marlin sir, I am an infantry man or at least I use to be sir so its not my expertise. But come to think of it Pakistan should look somewhere else for their "Frigate Options" as the thread is named. Russia? Can't built squat, hell they cant even built engines as someone on the thread pointed out. Turkey? Not without the "yes" of us "yanks". South Korea? Same thing. South Africa? Slim chance. Italy? Not unless the Mafia Family of Washington says "yes". Germany? Nein! So this leave Pakistanis with one and only one option.......... (DRUM ROLL)

CHINA!! (But a Pakistani member also pointed out that they don't make good stuff)

So we are back to those Supahdupah OHP.

nope sorry, Ukraine has blocked that by stopping exports of it gas turbine engines to russia.

in the end we will begging for the floating Junk called OHP from US ..:hitwall::hitwall:

Do you think that our naval architects are capable enough? From what I've heard, Chinese designs are not very good. I'm saying this because our architects have not worked with western designs.

@Blue Marlin , and also someone said Denmark? ain't gonna happen. France? Unless the "Frenchies" want to get rid of billion dollar deal with India (Rafales and all sorts of GIZMOS). The UK? maybe you can answer that. Brazil? Nao!

SO WE ARE BACK TO...............

upload_2016-2-17_15-48-19.png

@Blue Marlin sir, I am an infantry man or at least I use to be sir so its not my expertise. But come to think of it Pakistan should look somewhere else for their "Frigate Options" as the thread is named. Russia? Can't built squat, hell they cant even built engines as someone on the thread pointed out. Turkey? Not without the "yes" of us "yanks". South Korea? Same thing. South Africa? Slim chance. Italy? Not unless the Mafia Family of Washington says "yes". Germany? Nein! So this leave Pakistanis with one and only one option.......... (DRUM ROLL)

CHINA!! (But a Pakistani member also pointed out that they don't make good stuff)

where the hell have you been man?

i was the one who pointed out Russia need Ukrainian gas turbines engines for their frigates. i mean a solution would be diesel engines, but nah. i dont think it will take them thats long to make their own. there are developing their own destroyers and they need turbine engines so something is guarantied to be in the works.

turkey is quiet interesting as they are the only western country that want Pakistan to buy their kit. yes the GE gas turbines does mean uncle sam has some control. then again Rolls Royce do made does make top notch gas turbines too. they power our type 45's and the qec and the type 26/31 too in the future. and their naval chief was here in the uk not to long ago. speaking of us, our type 31 (baby type 26) thats a decent size. and is intended for export and our own use, to to get us back in the game. france and germany have had there time we want to play too! the germans? nein!
the french? non. the Italians and the Spanish? it depends on weapons, propulsion and the main one money!
south korea? yes same as the Spaniards and the Italians.

china is the only string free solution. they have reverse engineered the Ukrainian turbine engines and are upgrading it. so kudos to them. i have not been on a Chinese naval ship nor do i intend to. well if Algeria is buying Chinese and german ships at the same time, it does make you wonder are Chinese ships that bad?

as for uncle sam and his reins on the gas turbine engines. i doubt they will say no but we will have to wait until Donald trump becomes president to find out. :D

to add i think if they have the money then we may end up selling new type 31's and old type 23's to them.
do south africa make their own frigates? i know they have purchased meko's from Germany

Our Naval architects have been trained abroad and have worked on major modification programs on the Gearing class, Type 21's and finally the F22P.
This should be joint project between Pakistan, China & Turkey or any 2.
The chinese hull designs are pretty good and we will install all the other systems of our choice.
This will take time, sure, but it will be worth it. It's time the Navy starts it's own Thunder like project.
Why does it have to be a joint venture if we can design and build the hull on our own? Shared costs?

I think that PN can bear the designing and building costs for the hull on its own. Like you said, propulsion, sensors and weaponry can be bought off the shelf.

@Blue Marlin , and also someone said Denmark? ain't gonna happen. France? Unless the "Frenchies" want to get rid of billion dollar deal with India (Rafales and all sorts of GIZMOS). The UK? maybe you can answer that. Brazil? Nao!

SO WE ARE BACK TO...............

View attachment 294275

@Jungibaaz @Jango @HRK

I don't think this post befits his title.

i was the one who pointed out Russia need Ukrainian gas turbines engines for their frigates
I intentionally quoted you since some "yahoo" might be asking who posted and all that crap you know how it is here sir. The Italians and Spanish? I seriously doubt it. Maybe "Mother Old England"? Since Pakistan was once a part of your EMPIRE! Oh! so are we!!!!! You Red Coat YOU!!!! We'll get you!!!!

With regards to the quality of the Chinese made ships, it was a PAKISTANI MEMBER who said it. Pakistan being buddy buddy terms with China there must be a core of truth there. Never mind taking into consideration the feed backs of Chinese made goods all around the world.

Why does it have to be a joint venture if we can design and build the hull on our own? Shared costs?

I think that PN can bear the designing and building costs for the hull on its own. Like you said, propulsion, sensors and weaponry can be bought off the shelf.

@Jungibaaz @Jango @HRK

dude chill a bit. @James Jaevid is a good fella !!

What's with the title that people make a big deal about? Does it piss you off that I was a former member of the US Army!? Can someone just remove the title please? @waz buddy can you please remove it and just make me a member? This keyboard warrior clown is jealous. Oh and just to inform you @RAMPAGE , I am a professional.

Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

upload_2016-2-17_16-12-26.png

I intentionally quoted you since some "yahoo" might be asking who posted and all that crap you know how it is here sir. The Italians and Spanish? I seriously doubt it. Maybe "Mother Old England"? Since Pakistan was once a part of your EMPIRE! Oh! so are we!!!!! You Red Coat YOU!!!! We'll get you!!!!

With regards to the quality of the Chinese made ships, it was a PAKISTANI MEMBER who said it. Pakistan being buddy buddy terms with China there must be a core of truth there. Never mind taking into consideration the feed backs of Chinese made goods all around the world.
end of the day money talks and bit*hes walk. we are independent mostly and cant see a problem in you guys having a problem having us selling stuff to them. remember sharing is caring!
as for china i think it's best if they keep doing their thing, thats what they want.
but one thing i have learnt is that dont underestimate the Pakistanis, if they really wanted something they will get it.
and i dont think there to bothered about the navy as compared to the air-force and the army.

We have never built a frigate sized ship ourselves, that's why sharing would be beneficial in the first project. Also financials will be shared.
Later on we can go ahead on our own.

Yes they are looking.
Transitions like these also take up a long time.

We have never built a frigate sized ship ourselves, that's why sharing would be beneficial in the first project. Also financials will be shared.
Later on we can go ahead on our own.

Yes they are looking.
But we are, Sir. I'm referring to the under-construction 17000 tons fleet tanker at KSEW.

any idea what they are looking at? or how serious they are?
i mean common, you still have 1960's ship in service and are knackered.
the ohp you have is only good as a trainer as it does not have much teeth
look at it, it does not even have a main gun. the mk13 vls is no more. i know it has a towed sonar array and torpedoes, and im not sure about harpoons.(well it was a asw initially which may explain things)

PNS-Alamgir-1.jpg

Yes they are looking.

end of the day money talks and bit*hes walk. we are independent mostly and cant see a problem in you guys having a problem having us selling stuff to them. remember sharing is caring!
as for china i think it's best if they keep doing their thing, thats what they want.
but one thing i have learnt is that dont underestimate the Pakistanis, if they really wanted something they will get it.
and i dont think there to bothered about the navy as compared to the air-force and the army.

Agreed Sir! If it was up to me I'll be arming the Pakistanis to the teeth the whole she bang. A strong and stable Pakistan is in the interest of the US of A.

remember sharing is caring!

and you say that after screwing us here in the colonies from the time John Cabot came here in 1498 to 1783 when we poked you out with our pitch forks! :usflag::taz:

Agreed Sir! If it was up to me I'll be arming the Pakistanis to the teeth the whole she bang. A strong and stable Pakistan is in the interest of the US of A.
i dont think pakistan has enough dough to the point you will be arming them to the teeth in kit. well you guys and pakistan are buddys in the wot, heck what are f16's for?

and you say that after screwing us here in the colonies from the time John Cabot came here in 1498 to 1783 when we poked you out with our pitch forks! :usflag::taz:

oop's i forgot to mention that part.:angel:

well now look at us.:cheers:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom