What's new

The Middle East blanketed in Snow

Good to know people were prepared!!

image.php

Awesome!! Creative!!! :tup:

I wish I was in Jordan :cry:

Take a trip to the Northern regions of KSA and you will have snow. Some of the regions/provinces are even bordering Jordan!

@levina

Snowfal in some parts of KSA from the last few days:

xgme02.jpg

243pxg5.jpg

2gvt0xy.jpg

119yphu.jpg

9ia3bt.jpg

vscpvm.jpg

Snow is overrated anyway.:agree:

But Amman looks beautiful with all that snow. Never seen that much snow in Jordan!
Besides I just heard that it will get cold in Riyadh soon.:)

@BLACKEAGLE where are you mate?

Is that real? :unsure: Man here they just make weird looking snowmen...this is good creative stuff!! :tup:

He is currently kept at a maximum security prison a little bit outside of Riyadh.
More precisely then he is held in that part of the prison where pro-Iranians are locked.;)

In all seriousness then how are you doing @Talon ?

What city is that on your avatar? Looks like somewhere in Europe. Can't recognize it. Made me curious.

He is currently kept at a maximum security prison a little bit outside of Riyadh.
More precisely then he is held in that part of the prison where pro-Iranians are locked.;)

In all seriousness then how are you doing @Talon ?

What city is that on your avatar? Looks like somewhere in Europe. Can't recognize it. Made me curious.
Bro, replied to you on Naswarville | Page 1811 didnt want to spoil the thread :)

alright so what kind of global warming would it take to snow in South asia

alright so what kind of global warming would it take to snow in South asia

A question, has it ever snowed in India outside the extreme north (Himalaya region)?

A serious question.

A question, has it ever snowed in India outside the extreme north (Himalaya region)?

A serious question.

Nope never snows outside mountainous region. The minimum temperature in Delhi drops to like 2-3 degree Celsius. Never below zero and if it does approach zero which is very rare all we get is frost but no snow because of the dry winter. And all parts of India below Delhi are even warmer and in south India they do not even have winters :D

Nope never snows outside mountainous region. The minimum temperature in Delhi drops to like 2-3 degree Celsius. Never below zero and if it does approach zero which is very rare all we get is frost but no snow because of the dry winter. And all parts of India below Delhi are even warmer and in south India they do not even have winters :D

Thank you for the answer! Well, there are some parts of KSA that never have experienced temperatures below zero in modern day times as well. There are also parts of KSA that never experiences winter. In terms of landscape those regions can remind one of certain parts of Kerala and Southern India in general. Those parts of KSA even experience the monsoon rains as well although not comparable to the one witnessed in India in terms of the scale of it.

It is actually called "khareef".

Khareef - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

From what I remember then those monsoon rains are created around the Arabian Sea which borders the Arabian Peninsula and Indian Subcontinent (in reality a peninsula too).

Does it get cold at night in India like it does in KSA even in the warm areas? Or at least can do. The humidity is probably also really high in most of India, am I right?

Last edited:
The humidity is high yes. Makes the summers really sticky and unbearable :( And nights are colder but not as much difference. I guess it gets really cold at night in KSA because of how sand behaves? The state of Rajasthan in India has a desert like climate the nights there become colder. It also has the most tourists as well. If you ever visit India do not miss it!

WHY WHY WHY it hasn't started to snow here in this winter!! I wish I can walk in a blizzard or a snow storm. :(

WHY WHY WHY it hasn't started to snow here in this winter!! I wish I can walk in a blizzard or a snow storm. :(

You live in the UK. It snows there. Not much but it does. I have been in London while it snowed so it does occur.

Finding snow in Sri Lanka might be much more difficult though.;)

Don't think that it has ever snowed in Sri Lanka, am I right?

Anyway there is nothing special about snow at all.

A warm climate and sunshine most of the year though is something most people on this planet envy and pay big sums of money to experience.:yay::dance3:

I can't travel just to find snow falling otherwise i would have :(

You live in the UK. It snows there. Not much but it does. I have been in London while it snowed so it does occur.

Finding snow in Sri Lanka might be much more difficult though.;)

Don't think that it has ever snowed in Sri Lanka, am I right?

Anyway there is nothing special about snow at all.

A warm climate and sunshine most of the year though is something most people on this planet envy and pay big sums of money to experience.:yay::dance3:
It snows in London but not enough to satisfy my expectations. My dream is to see a heavy blizzard or even get stuck in road during a blizzard. :D

It doesn't snow in Sri Lanka at all but sometimes in mountain areas the temperature goes minus. In the place I was born and raised, capital Colombo, the the temperature is 24-31 every single day in the year. No seasons. I really hate it.

For some reason I love extremely cold climate and even in summer I prefer temperature of 15-20C.

It snows in London but not enough to satisfy my expectations. My dream is to see a heavy blizzard or even get stuck in road during a blizzard. :D

It doesn't snow in Sri Lanka at all but sometimes in mountain areas the temperature goes minus. In the place I was born and raised, capital Colombo, the the temperature is 24-31 every single day in the year. No seasons. I really hate it.

For some reason I love extremely cold climate and even in summer I prefer temperature of 15-20C.

Well, you should move to Siberia, Canada, Scandinavia or Greenland if you want cold and grey weather most of the year! Cold weather is horrible. All the clothes you have to wear. It is a mess.

Perfect climate. How many hours of sunshine is there in Colombo on average each year? I mean it can get annoying if it is cloudy or rainy most of the year. Otherwise that temperature combined with sunshine is absolutely perfect. If there are beaches nearby then that is even better!

What? I think you suffer from a syndrom called "getting used to British weather". Know a few others.:lol: :)

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom