What's new

The Indian Fist ~Arjun MBT and Arjun Mark II

Do you think India is way behind others??????:cheesy:
If yes then you need a cup of coffee and some homework on google.

That depends on what you are talking about and who do you compare it with. With US, practically everything. With Russian, many things. With China, the majority of tech. maybe even more than Russia if you consider civilian technology. With Europe, yes. With Africa, India is ahead of most countries except South Africa.

A joint venture is offered when you make substantial progress in the development of that particular weapon technology.

India's venture with missile guidance systems and software was instrumental in russia's offer with Brahmos. LCA's FBW, avionics and EW systems paved way for the PAK FA offer also mayawi EW system on the israeli F35.

If not for akash and shaurya India would not have been entrusted with the propulsion for MR SAM by Israel.

Also R&D costs in India are not that high, so it makes economical sense ,too.

Though your point about the ToT is valid. Until now we have not seen any substantial gain from the techs (supposedly) transferred.

Look at the Indian Navy, they took the path of builder's navy and followed it with determination.

Today, they are a builder's navy!

I'm not saying that India should not produce anything. But certain things that India has shown that its not capable of producing something fast and in great number, it should take that into consideration. Which India is doing now. Hence, the MRCA project.

be it MKII or arjun or t-90 or what ever, they should be able to fight and destroy enemy targets, i dont care for hallmark.

be it MKII or arjun or t-90 or what ever, they should be able to fight and destroy enemy targets, i dont care for hallmark.

I totally agree with you. The key thing is to get the most bang for the buck.

Sure you may ask where I'm from. I'm certain that DRDO is doing itts best. But for certain projects such as Arjun and LCA, its a big waste of money. I applaud the successes of India such as making Brahmos and MKI. India should look at what formula that make it successful and avoid getting into long term projects that are failures. Its ok to have short term projects that fails because that waste less money. But spend all the money with little to show for is just wasting too much money.

nothing is waste in field of learning LCA IS NICE AIRCRAFT ,AND NOW ITS FULLFILLING ITS INTENDED ROLE ,read this when a country develop aircraft not by ripping anything but develop in house.
Tarmak007 -- A bold blog on Indian defence: Tejas@10: Are we a Nation that forgets our heroes fast? ,lesson are learnt and its not 10years late coz it actully started from 93 and HAL N DRDO WORKS Day n Night against all odds to give nation its 1st combat aircraft . Kaveri team were thrashd badly by media for delaying but they always kept their cool and now its succefully doing its flight trails (only small group of nation are expertise in it )and india is no different if it takes 20years to developed it..

nothing is waste in field of learning LCA IS NICE AIRCRAFT ,AND NOW ITS FULLFILLING ITS INTENDED ROLE ,read this when a country develop aircraft not by ripping anything but develop in house.
Tarmak007 -- A bold blog on Indian defence: Tejas@10: Are we a Nation that forgets our heroes fast? ,lesson are learnt and its not 10years late coz it actully started from 93 and HAL N DRDO WORKS Day n Night against all odds to give nation its 1st combat aircraft . Kaveri team were thrashd badly by media for delaying but they always kept their cool and now its succefully doing its flight trails (only small group of nation are expertise in it )and india is no different if it takes 20years to developed it..

So in another word, the development work for LCA and Arjun is more of a lesson like a college education than create legitimate weapons that would be detrimental to the national defence if it does not exist!!!! Its an expensive education that received the grade of F. But of course, many defenders of this failure would said that its not fair to give a grade now as the scientists learn from the failure. Won't this be the worse case scenario from the beginner of the project. Lets say that Arjun Mark II also take 20+ years to develop and Indian army choose to procure 1000 T-105 (or what ever its name is by then) and choose to get a token 124 Arjun mark II, would you say that India learn from its mistakes again this project is again a success as it teaches Indian scientist how cause another failure? I think the main developers and managers of the Arjun project and LCA should be sacked. In China, these guys would be executed or send to the forced labor.

So in another word, the development work for LCA and Arjun is more of a lesson like a college education than create legitimate weapons that would be detrimental to the national defence if it does not exist!!!! Its an expensive education that received the grade of F. But of course, many defenders of this failure would said that its not fair to give a grade now as the scientists learn from the failure. Won't this be the worse case scenario from the beginner of the project. Lets say that Arjun Mark II also take 20+ years to develop and Indian army choose to procure 1000 T-105 (or what ever its name is by then) and choose to get a token 124 Arjun mark II, would you say that India learn from its mistakes again this project is again a success as it teaches Indian scientist how cause another failure? I think the main developers and managers of the Arjun project and LCA should be sacked. In China, these guys would be executed or send to the forced labor.

see!you actully failed to understand arjun and LCA is india 1st attemp to develop anything ,arjun mk1 was kinda LSP and mk2 to overcome all shortfalls thats why 124 order for now,do you have any source where indian army said ok thats it 228 only ??

see!you actully failed to understand arjun and LCA is india 1st attemp to develop anything ,arjun mk1 was kinda LSP and mk2 to overcome all shortfalls thats why 124 order for now,do you have any source where indian army said ok thats it 228 only ??

Its not how many Arjun Indian army ordered that counts. Its the number of T90 vs Arjun that Indian army had purchased that counts.

absolutely nothing - keep up the good work - one day the 'myth' of the arjun would be laid to rest

I will put it like this

one day the ' neighbour's myth' of the Arjun would be laid to Test

Best of luck

i think india has more then enough capabilities at western boarder........it's time to concentrate at the estern front..

1.So in another word, the development work for LCA and Arjun is more of a lesson like a college education than create legitimate weapons that would be detrimental to the national defence if it does not exist!!!!

2. Its an expensive education that received the grade of F. But of course, many defenders of this failure would said that its not fair to give a grade now as the scientists learn from the failure. Won't this be the worse case scenario from the beginner of the project.

3. Lets say that Arjun Mark II also take 20+ years to develop and Indian army choose to procure 1000 T-105 (or what ever its name is by then) and choose to get a token 124 Arjun mark II, would you say that India learn from its mistakes again this project is again a success as it teaches Indian scientist how cause another failure?

4. I think the main developers and managers of the Arjun project and LCA should be sacked. In China, these guys would be executed or send to the forced labor.

1. Why do you think that LCA and Arjun are not "legitimate weapons"? Reply and we can discuss it. I've asked this question to two other posters (Ajtr and Styx) in this thread only; so far no reply from them!

2. No reason for "learning from faliure" excuse! Apart from the Kaveri engine nothing about Tejas can be termed as faliure. And even kaveri is making a comeback.

3. Ah! You presume too much! Even LCA did not take 20 years! Iterative development is always faster than developing a new technology.Few examples!

After developing ALH, we developed LCH in much shorter time.
After first SONAR, the iterations were developed real fast.
Upgraded 3D CA radar, Battle Field Surveillance radars, WLRs
Lakshya mk2.
Pinaka mk2.
All naval destroyer, frigate and corvette designs.
EW systems (Some replacing israeli ones)

4. What happened to the chinese designers of Nuclear subs of Han class SSN and Xia class SSBN?

The Xia has not sailed beyond Chinese regional waters.

The Han-Class is well known for having a noisy reactor and poor radiation shielding. This causes health hazards for her crew as nuclear radiation levels are higher than they should be aboard the submarine. The submarine is also inhibited by the fact that it cannot launch missiles while submerged. This is a huge tactical drawback and makes a missile launch suicidal against most enemies.

Ok! What about the newer Jin class SSBN?

In recent years the construction of "Jin" class submarines of the noise level is more than the former Soviet Union built 30 years ago, "Delta" -3 class submarines. Thousands of kilometers away from China, the U.S. Navy in Guam will be able to capture the Chinese "Jin" class submarine noise.

No point arguing with the obvious troll, anyway just want to remind people that Dhruva is an excellent example of tech transfer, and now we have the derivative LCH.

1. Why do you think that LCA and Arjun are not "legitimate weapons"? Reply and we can discuss it. I've asked this question to two other posters (Ajtr and Styx) in this thread only; so far no reply from them!

2. No reason for "learning from faliure" excuse! Apart from the Kaveri engine nothing about Tejas can be termed as faliure. And even kaveri is making a comeback.

3. Ah! You presume too much! Even LCA did not take 20 years! Iterative development is always faster than developing a new technology.Few examples!

After developing ALH, we developed LCH in much shorter time.
After first SONAR, the iterations were developed real fast.
Upgraded 3D CA radar, Battle Field Surveillance radars, WLRs
Lakshya mk2.
Pinaka mk2.
All naval destroyer, frigate and corvette designs.
EW systems (Some replacing israeli ones)

4. What happened to the chinese designers of Nuclear subs of Han class SSN and Xia class SSBN?

Ok! What about the newer Jin class SSBN?

he's not gonna accept as learning is waste of time and we should prosecute drdo like china did to jin and xia class manufacturer ,isn't ?

Back to the Topic

Arjun Mark II has lots of Technology from Isreal (Merkava Mk 4) and Korea (XK2)

Arjun Mark II Looks some what like Japanese and Isreali Tank I belive

tk_x.jpg

Merkava4_2.jpg

Check This Video

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom