What's new

The Indian Fist ~Arjun MBT and Arjun Mark II

no problem if it failed ,atleast we learnt something !!! If indian resort to ripping and copying then we should better change the DRDO TO DRCO (DEFENCE RIPPING AND COPYING ORGANISATION),my father ,ma coushins serving in indian army and indian airforce in technical units ,and they use to tell me about DRDO RADARS AND ELECTRONICS STUFF ,which are way better then anything we brought from russia.

two reasons.
1. India is way behind others and

Statement : India is way behind others

Conclusion : India shouldn't waste money on indigenous product but buy them from other countries.

Red herring, by buying weapon India won't be able to narrow the gap between her and other countries.

2. Being a democratic government, the direction and priority may shift over time. As a result, the country cannot put up a concerted effort to improve technology as something maybe a priority of one gov may be cancelled by another. As a result, this would hurt real technical improvement

Statement: India is a democratic country.
Conclusion: The direction and priority may change over time.

Red herring once again. Direction or priority can change in any type of governing system based on many variables.

Hey you gotta be better with your innuendoes.

may i ask where you from ? Am not going to compare amerika ,russia nd europe who got long history of building high end arms n ammunation.. To me drdo doing best of it so called mere budget !! Every country have their expetise and some failures like indian EW AND RADARS are one of the best ,akash SAM is best in region in MR SAM SECTION.

Sure you may ask where I'm from. I'm certain that DRDO is doing itts best. But for certain projects such as Arjun and LCA, its a big waste of money. I applaud the successes of India such as making Brahmos and MKI. India should look at what formula that make it successful and avoid getting into long term projects that are failures. Its ok to have short term projects that fails because that waste less money. But spend all the money with little to show for is just wasting too much money.

I don't think experience earned is not lost by any means. It was a first shot, maybe a long shot at building tanks. India can take all the experience and pour into the next tank project.

For a country that needs thousands of tanks, building them locally makes more sense in the long run.

Why not a joint venture?

Statement : India is way behind others

Conclusion : India shouldn't waste money on indigenous product but buy them from other countries.

Red herring, by buying weapon India won't be able to narrow the gap between her and other countries.

Statement: India is a democratic country.
Conclusion: The direction and priority may change over time.

Red herring once again. Direction or priority can change in any type of governing system based on many variables.

Hey you gotta be better with your innuendoes.

When a country is way behind others, it must have a focus and determination to take one path for a long time (50-100) years. With the gov of India that look at short term benefits, its almost impossible to have that focus.

Why not a joint venture?
Wat's the use of JV man,
We need to push DRDO to make it without anyone help..

They have made Arjun mk1..they have gained experience..

can u tell me was Abrams a2 USA's first tank..?
No they have developed from 5 decades..

We need to gain experience and put it on Arjun Mk2..
I am sure it will be succesful..

Why not a joint venture?

A joint venture is offered when you make substantial progress in the development of that particular weapon technology.

India's venture with missile guidance systems and software was instrumental in russia's offer with Brahmos. LCA's FBW, avionics and EW systems paved way for the PAK FA offer also mayawi EW system on the israeli F35.

If not for akash and shaurya India would not have been entrusted with the propulsion for MR SAM by Israel.

Also R&D costs in India are not that high, so it makes economical sense ,too.

Though your point about the ToT is valid. Until now we have not seen any substantial gain from the techs (supposedly) transferred.

When a country is way behind others, it must have a focus and determination to take one path for a long time (50-100) years. With the gov of India that look at short term benefits, its almost impossible to have that focus.

Look at the Indian Navy, they took the path of builder's navy and followed it with determination.

Today, they are a builder's navy!

Last edited:
Why not a joint venture?

Russia is not willing to share much of the technology. Russia sold stripped T-90 to India. No other capable country is willing to help besides selling engines , guns, and control systems. Nato has restrictions on member countries about sharing technologies to ensure Nato superiority.

Wat's the use of JV man,
We need to push DRDO to make it without anyone help..

They have made Arjun mk1..they have gained experience..

can u tell me was Abrams a2 USA's first tank..?
No they have developed from 5 decades..

We need to gain experience and put it on Arjun Mk2..
I am sure it will be succesful..

US was one of the country that participated in the industrial revolution back in the 1800s. As a result, by 1900, US is the #1 economy on earth. India definitely need to do research and development. But its military needs should be tie more to JV and foreign procurement. For example, the purchase of T-90 and MKI. The demestic research should remain as research for a while.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom