What's new

The Indian Fist ~Arjun MBT and Arjun Mark II

Why the Indian Army to create a performance behind the tank? Indians can buy the most advanced tanks, the U.S. tanks and the German tanks.

Well MOst advance tanks often failed in India, Like Most advance tank Parton Tank from US blown with Recoiless guns only. it shame for any tank to be blown by anything like this.

extra fuel tank

IIRC , Fuel tanks are cylindrical vessels like in this picture .

Arjun_DefExpo_2004_India_02.jpg

What I was asking was about that rectangular box behind the tank.

IIRC , Fuel tanks are cylindrical vessels like in this picture .

Arjun_DefExpo_2004_India_02.jpg

What I was asking was about that rectangular box behind the tank.

good, people will be able to blow up the tank with gun by firing to fuel tank , do not need to tank or anti tank weapon for it :D

good, people will be able to blow up the tank with gun by firing to fuel tank , do not need to tank or anti tank weapon for it :D

The fuel in these tanks will be used first before internal fuel to increase the range of the tank .So by the time it reaches battle field it will be empty .

And do you know what happens to empty tanks when fired upon ??? ....... Nothing ....:D

The fuel in these tanks will be used first before internal fuel to increase the range of the tank .

1. dam my evil plan did not work :unsure:
2. you can not think when the battle will start in a war, sometimes you will decide to go to battle and sometimes enemies will bring battle to you.

@kurup: buudy,empty tanks with little fuel is much more dangerous than a filled one:D

Last edited by a moderator:
2. you can not think when the battle will start in a war, sometimes you will decide to go to battle and sometimes enemies will bring battle to you.

Well you can see many pictures of Arjun without the fuel tank .The tanks are used only when Arjun has to cover a large distance to reach the conflict zone.

Point 2 , I agree.

@kurup: buudy,empty tanks with little fuel is much more dangerous than a filled one:D

Is it ?? How ?? .....:undecided:

And I was talking about the scenario of empty external tank with no fuel ........:P

explain more bro , i do not know much about it :undecided:

A completely filled tank won't explode because it does not get sufficient amount of oxygen.Its the gas that explodes not the liquid.An almost empty barrel with just 25ml of petrol can show you a nice fireworks:cheesy:

@kurup: just watch it in discovery science two days back.:raise:

A completely filled tank won't explode because it does not get sufficient amount of oxygen.Its the gas that explodes not the liquid.An almost empty barrel with just 25ml of petrol can show you a nice fireworks:cheesy:

@kurup: just watch it in discovery science two days back.:raise:

Discovery Channel is good.There was once a program about Submarines (How noise is produced by propellers and firing of SLBM's) in discovery explaining how these things works which gave pretty good idea about them.

no dude india did used the same plan during battle of longewala in which pakistan lost 22 tanks because of fueltank exploding due firing from indian aircrafts

Why not a joint venture?

India is going for joint ventures...like the BrahMos or the FGFA (T-50). There several other projects that eventually would be a JV. Simultaneously trying to get indigenous products too. LCA and Arjun had faced lot of problems....but both have been successfully developed. The next step would be to improve the product to make it more lethal, powerful and technologically superior. The problem is DRDO is a government organization and like every government run body of India....the workers do have a tendency of getting involved in corruption, internal politics and are a bit lethargic. Usually a job done in an hour by workers in private companies sometimes needs weeks to be completed in an government run company. Hope the Indian government would take some serious steps to make DRDO and other government run organizations to be more efficient.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom