What's new

The Great Game Changer: Belt and Road Intiative (BRI; OBOR)

That's too much of a blanket statement. It depends on your field. The average income for lawyers across Canada is actually about $75,000. Also, my cousin is only two years older than I am (I'm 27), and still considered a junior in his firm.

Using another profession as an example. My aunt is a senior nurse of a hospital in my home town, and she makes about 20,000 RMB monthly.
$75k before tax after tax, EI, EHT, etc in Canada you end up making less than $55k

That's too much of a blanket statement. It depends on your field. The average income for lawyers across Canada is actually about $75,000. Also, my cousin is only two years older than I am (I'm 27), and still considered a junior in his firm.

Using another profession as an example. My aunt is a senior nurse of a hospital in my home town, and she makes about 20,000 RMB monthly.
$75k before tax after tax, EI, EHT, etc in Canada you end up making less than $55k

A lawyer? Oh i am so sorry for your country.

Well Canada isn't my country...

Certainly hiring a lawyer in the U.S. can be expensive...but many companies offer their employees shared access to a Law firm service for a token amount a year.

You hear people in movies say "let me call my lawyer".
Just last month some company was dragging their feet on a warranty obligation for a co-worker of mine. The next email he sent to them he CC'd the law firm. The company quickly paid.

Well Canada isn't my country...

Certainly hiring a lawyer in the U.S. can be expensive...but many companies offer their employees shared access to a Law firm service for a token amount a year.

You hear people in movies say "let me call my lawyer".
Just last month some company was dragging their feet on a warranty obligation for a co-worker of mine. The next email he sent to them he CC'd the law firm. The company quickly paid.

Untrue

Your company WONT bail you out at all costs without considering the types of legal fees you are going to pay PLUS there is a celing to the company's obligation for you AND legal consultations paid for by the company are usually limited to executives

PS: why change your handle when the old one is much simplier? New bottle old wine!

images

Last edited:
Great news! Chinese living standards are like South Korea and Taiwan a generation ago. With strong leadership, we can even cover the difference within 15 years. By 2030, with the Japanese recession continuing for a half century since 1990s, our wages will be quite close to Japan.

Well that's average. Depending upon your specialty it varies widely. You have simple home closing lawyers and patent lawyers skewing numbers.

I'm in high tech as software engineer. I'm in the lower end of spectrum in the low 100s.

China, Russia to jointly develop wide-body airliners
September 17, 2015

Russia expects to sign an agreement with China by the end of 2015 on joint development of long-range wide-bodied airliners, a Russian aircraft manufacturer said on Wednesday.

Yury Slyusar, president of the United Aircraft Corporation (UAC), made the remarks at the Aviation Expo China 2015 in Beijing, saying that the technical parameters of the aircraft will be decide in March, 2016.

The airliners will not compete with the C919, China's first large passenger aircraft with 150 seats designed for short-haul commercial use, because the two models are different in passenger capacity and range.

The two sides are already producing aircraft components in Shenzhen, and Russia plans to set up after-sales service and training centers in China, Slyusar said.

According to an agreement signed in May, China and Russia will start leasing the jets from Sukhoi, a UAC affiliate, and sales of Sukhoi SSJ-100 will be allowed in China.

The Russian company plans to sell 100 aircraft in China and Southeast Asia in the next three years.

The airliners will not compete with the C919, China's first large passenger aircraft with 150 seats designed for short-haul commercial use, because the two models are different in passenger capacity and range.
it will actually help Chinese learn the fine details of wide body aircraft in the long term....

I think I make about 45k a year after taxes, which is pretty depressing considering my pre-tax salary is 60k.

$764.3 per month? That's from Bloomberg or what? My domestic helper aka maid from Anhui province get paid more than that.

Good luck to those using Bloomberg or "Federal Statistics Services" to do business in China!
Unskilled babysitter from the countryside for the newborn babies at least $1500 per month in Shanghai, $1000 in Wuhan.
If they receive some trainings, God knows how much u have to pay for them.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom