What's new

The Great Game Changer: Belt and Road Intiative (BRI; OBOR)

We come in peace and for the gas ! lol.
In 1979, Soviet could not give a full support to VN bcs Cn blocked the way between VN-Soviet and Japan was not VN's friend. But things changed , I hope Japan will give VN-Russia a helping hand if China try to block the support from Russia bro to Vietnam again :cheers:

In 1979, Soviet could not give a full support to VN bcs Cn blocked the way between VN-Soviet and Japan was not VN's friend. But things changed , I hope Japan will give VN-Russia a helping hand if China try to block the support from Russia bro to Vietnam again :cheers:

Oh trust me I doubt China wants to experience the catastrophic military failure that was 1979 sino vietnamese war. Vietnam is stronger now and has a very broad support base now.

Oh trust me I doubt China wants to experience the catastrophic military failure that was 1979 sino vietnamese war. Vietnam is stronger now and has a very broad support base now.
Of course China dare not do it again WITHOUT daddy US support. But who knows what that crazy US may think . They may think that VN could be a threat like in 1979, so they may support China to attack VN again.

VN-JP people have a good vision, I hope you guys realise which way both of us should go, times to unite and become stronger.....or US-CN will stab on our back again :cheers:

Of course China dare not do it again WITHOUT daddy US support. But who knows what that crazy US may think . They may think that VN could be a threat like in 1979, so they may support China to attack VN again.

VN-JP people have a good vision, I hope you guys realise which way both of us should go, times to unite and become stronger.....or US-CN will stab on our back again :cheers:

We are TPP brothers, we must think forward my friend not backwards.

We are TPP brothers, we must think forward my friend not backwards.
Russia, not China is always a serious threat to USA, if US see a stronger Russian influence in ASEAN specially in Malacca, US will become seriously panic and they may do some stupid think again like in 1979.

TPP is good, but US is always greedy, if we are not smarter and dont have enough strong cards to play with them, we will lose the game against US in the future. :)

Russia, not China is always a serious threat to USA, if US see a stronger Russian influence in ASEAN specially in Malacca, US will become seriously panic and they may do some stupid think again like in 1979.

TPP is good, but US is always greedy, if we are not smarter and dont have enough strong cards to play with them, we will lose the game against US in the future. :)

Two words: Ying Yang.

Balance of Power. Russia cooperates with China out of necessity to bulwark against the effects of the sanctions. However, this does not mean that the Russian Military Establishment as well as the Interest Groups in the Rossiyskaya Federatsiya [Federation of Russian Republics] considers and views the People's Republic of China as its 'Total Ally', no, if you study geopolitics as long as I have and have considered the social and military defense paradigms, you will see it is a cooperation out of convenience. Russia policy is fixated on one singular point and that is : 1) Russian Federation Interest. If it benefits Russia to develop closer relations with Vietnam (an ASEAN state) then Russia will pursue such a policy. Russian Foreign Policy is deeply consistent and heavily focused on Russian Interest, first and foremost. Russia will not change foreign policy for the sake of China.

We are, afterall, talking about the legacy of the Great Soviet Union. Russia fears no one in the world; as a powerful nuclear entity with over 10,000 strategic nuclear forces , there is no power in this earth that 'influences' Russia militarily. China will never be a force to inhibit Russia, ever.
Seriously, you cannot say never ever. China is still growing in economic and military size year by year.

Well, it is true we can't do much if the Russians had a contract with the Viets. :-)

Except to bring in our own drilling rigs to up the ante. :D

Truth be told, it's rinse & repeat, quite boring I might add.

Well, it is true we can't do much if the Russians had a contract with the Viets. :-)

Except to bring in our own drilling rigs to up the ante. :D

Truth be told, it's rinse & repeat, quite boring I might add.

Its just business, my friend. Nothing for any of us to get 'emotional' about.

Its just business, my friend. Nothing for any of us to get 'emotional' about.

Yes it is. But headlines sells sensationalism & make believers out of dull minds. I think it's time to rest to concentrate on the economy, the truth is, bad economy in China or Japan or the US is bad for everyone. Period.

Drone buddies: Russia, China work on first MRLS-delivered scout UAV
Published time: 9 Sep, 2015

55f0227dc36188856a8b457a.jpg

A Russian launch rocket system "Smerch" © Sergei Karpukhin / Reuters

Russian and Chinese engineers have allied to develop the first-ever reconnaissance drone instantly delivered to battlefields as far as 90km away using a powerful projectile of a multiple launch rocket system.
Development of a drone delivered within a 300mm MRLS rocket is underway at the Splav design bureau and production center in the Russian city of Tula. The center is an integral part of Russia’s Techmash Concern, a weapon developer and subsidiary of the state corporation Rostec.

“This system makes tactical intelligence really fast, because the UAV is delivered to a desired distance – which could be up to 90km – by a projectile flying with tremendous speed,” Deputy Director of Techmash Concern, Dmitry Rytenkov, said at the Russia Arms Expo 2015 in Nizhny Tagil on Wednesday.

Once deployed, the drone should be able to monitor the area fir 25-30 minutes, transmitting data to an operational console in real time, Rytenkov said.

That is more than enough for a MRLS battery to deliver a precise rocket strike and leave the firing position.

55f02430c461885f6b8b4608.jpg

A 9А52-4 MLRS 9К58 Smerch. © Pavel Lisitsyn / RIA Novosti

Rytenkov has not elaborated further regarding which part of the system is going to be designed in China.

Both Russia and China have 300mm MRLS systems in the inventory.

For Russia it is the BM-30 Smerch (Whirlwind), a 12-rocket system capable of firing rockets with up to 250kg payload to a distance of 90km.

China also has several BM-30 Smerch systems, along with the domestically-developed A-100, armed with 10 rockets.

China-Russia Ties Are Also a Product of Similar Historical Memory
  • The two countries can point to a number of times they shared a similar fate of western invasion and attempted domination
  • Recently both suffered a similarly bloody WWII experience
  • WWII is sacred in Russia - Unlike the west Moscow would never fail to show up for an important WWII commemoration in another country over daily politics
  • Likewise Russians appreciate that China tying up millions of Japanese soldiers prevented Japan from joining the Nazi invasion of the Soviet Union
Alexander Gabuev is a senior associate at Carnegie Moscow Center

Chinese President Xi Jinping watched the military parade Thursday at Tiananmen Square to commemorate China's contribution to WWII and Chinese losses in the war. Xi was joined by 30 heads of state, with Russian President Vladimir Putin standing next to him. This was a repeat of the May 9 Victory Day parade on Moscow's Red Square, where Xi was Putin's guest of honor. The symbolic affinity between the two leaders represents not only a shared outlook on the current world, but also a shared view of history.

WWII plays an important role in national psyches of both Russia and China. For China, the war first started in 1937 - before the 1939 invasion of Poland that begun the war's European theater - and ended last. The country has lost tens of millions of lives. For the Soviet Union, the war claimed about 27 million lives - more than 13.7 percent of the population.

Large parts of both countries were invaded, and local populations were engaged in guerilla resistance. The war touched nearly every family in both Russia and China. That is why the memory of victory in WWII and of the sacrifices made in the course of war is still remembered after 70 years. This anniversary may be the last one for surviving veterans, which only adds to the significance.

Both states have made the memory of WWII a part of “patriotic education campaigns” over the last seven decades, aimed at boosting social cohesion. Many of current leaders in both countries were brought up to hold respect toward WWII, making V-Day one of the most important days in their respective national calendars.

This reality is very different from many former Allies nations, where the memories of WWII are still important, but don't play that foundational role. For example, WWII was no less an important experience for Great Britain, France and the US. This partially explains why these Western leaders skipped celebrations in Moscow and Beijing so easily this year due to current political disagreements with China and Russia over territorial disputes in the South China Sea or the war in Ukraine.

Sometimes this attitude makes many Russians and Chinese feel not credited enough for what both nations contributed to the common victory.

It is not only the astonishingly high number of casualties which bring Russia and China together on this day. Chinese resistance played a vital role in immobilizing the Japanese army and preventing an attack on the USSR from the East. Without China, both the Soviet Union and the US would have a very different situation vis-a-vis Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan.

The present is also important.

Russia is under international sanctions over its actions in Crimea and its role in Donbass war. For Putin, a special relationship with China and Xi, who is perhaps the closest person to him among all current global leaders, is very important. China is facing its own international difficulties because of intensified territorial conflicts in the South China Sea and over the Diaoyu Islands. Another layer of tensions was added by the US plan to introduce sanctions against selected Chinese companies charged with cyber theft.

In this environment, it is also important for Beijing to show that it has some friends in the BRICS and SCO countries. Russia is, of course, a very important player in both groups.

With mutual trade falling by 30 percent this year due to low commodities prices and economic downturn in Russia, the symbolic dimension is playing an increasingly important role for both Moscow and Beijing.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom