What's new

The G-3 rifle is outdated.

7.62 x 51 quite controllable and with G3 like Gun. It pretty much becomes like a Sniper like Gun. You are totally wrong at this not the one you are blaming G3 is best ammo and many European countries are adopting 7.62 x 51.
@Horus @Path-Finder @Sulman Badshah @Quwa
G3 is nothing like SCAR. G3 is mostly used on single select fire rather than full auto due to the difficulty in controlling it. it has a great range and that is why it has been so successful. lastly weight is another factor when coupled with carrying 7.62x51

Try shooting a G-3 at 600m with iron sights. You'll be lucky to get a hit at 600m even with a scope.
the picture that i have uploaded ..Its G3A3 with 600 meters (not a pin point accurate though but still manageable to hitting a man size target ...

the picture that i have uploaded ..Its G3A3 with 600 meters (not a pin point accurate though but still manageable to hitting a man size target ...

Fired by a sharp shooter who tests all sorts of weapons all the time and has probably shot like a billion shots in total...

How much practice do Pakistan "Jawans" get especially at long ranges ?

G3 has already been mostly replaced by Type-56s until we a rifle finally passes the trials which i'm guessing will be SCAR.

Fired by a sharp shooter who tests all sorts of weapons all the time and has probably shot like a billion shots in total...

How much practice do Pakistan "Jawans" get especially at long ranges ?
Pakistani Jawans are quite well trained. They every second day go through firing practice. And soon we would see new Assault Rifle in Pakistan either SCAR or Berreta

G3 can be replaced with SCAR-H, it is the most capable assault rifle in all aspects of modern warfare.

G3 is a beast of Pakistan Army. Extremely powerful rifle,I used it myself. I have suggestion why don't Pakistan Ordinance Factory make a new variant of this beauty instead of completely removing it from its arsenal.

G3 is a beast of Pakistan Army. Extremely powerful rifle,I used it myself. I have suggestion why don't Pakistan Ordinance Factory make a new variant of this beauty instead of completely removing it from its arsenal.
Every design has its limitations. G3 is 60 year old design and has reached its limit. Also the upgradation is only making it more heavier and bigger in size. We need now light weight more powerful Rifles which have more speed and accuracy.

We have the money and SCAR and Berreta are shortlisted and one of them would be selected soon.
can't provide link or source but berreta has 70% to 80 % chances to win because with other goddies at lower cost . a relative told me who is in army

Pakistani Jawans are quite well trained. They every second day go through firing practice. And soon we would see new Assault Rifle in Pakistan either SCAR or Berreta

Yes, Pakistani Jawans are the best trained fighters in the world. Better than even US Spec OPs, Delta Force, SAS and they learn all of this in a short 6 months course.

these are the areas where defence budget is supposed to be spent. but in pak forces budget is spent on changing uniforms, VIP protocols and renovation of perfectly well furnished messes etc. the soldier on LOC is sitting in a bunker made of sand and has highly unreliable weapon G 3.

G 3 suits our typical defensive mentality. dig a hole and sit in with a long range weapon. useless for offense because of its size and weight and utter failure in CQB in built up areas.

G 3 suits our typical defensive mentality. dig a hole and sit in with a long range weapon. useless for offense because of its size and weight and utter failure in CQB in built up areas.

Also, heavy and costly ammo which you cannot carry much of. Also, only 20 rounds per magazine compared to 30 widely used everywhere...

Back
Top Bottom