What's new

The G-3 rifle is outdated.

If u don't mind, I ll slightly rephrase that sentence and say trench warfare with battle rifles is outdated, especially in the context of a Pakistan/India war.

Which makes battle rifles outdated >>>> Which makes G-3 rifles outdated.

Which makes battle rifles outdated >>>> Which makes G-3 rifles outdated.
Assault Rifles or Battle Rifles what every you want to call them are not outdated and never will be. The Assault Rifles and there firing power would only keep better and better

If u don't mind, I ll slightly rephrase that sentence and say trench warfare with battle rifles is outdated, especially in the context of a Pakistan/India war.

Which goes along with what I've been writing. It's tactics, not the weapon that's outdated. Trench warfare, not the battle rifle. Battle Rifles still exist and excel when used in context that plays to their strengths. HK417 or M14 anyone? Oft used as DMRs and naught else.
Army_M14_Sage_Stock.jpg

%C3%B8116_Grebe2016_Brohaugfoto.t572070ba.m1600.x7efa3609.jpg

Even the venerable M1 Garand is still around, and it's a damn good marksman weapon.
clan.jpg

Modernized variants too.
tIDh5q7.jpg

This whole discussion is predicated on a false dichotomy. Tactics and usage are the issue here, not the G3. How it's being used and if another rifle would be better suited for the job, that's what should be noted.

Anyway, this discussion has run its course for me so I'm bowing out.

In my country, in the past Indonesia involving in much of jungle warfare and urban warfare (battle of Dili, East Timor) in which both engagements dictates us to use assault rifles in the lines of AK-74 and M16A1, in which they served with great effect. But when TNI engaging opponent in mountainous area in open field like in Timor mountain or Papuan highland, we are prefer to using our Cetme/G3. And today we are developing a new battle rifle for such purposes.

For urban warfare where most of the engagements are at 100-150 meters and sharp corners make maneuverability an issue, G-3 and the likes become outdated. However they are going to stay here in all wars.

Out dated not in terms of technology or the materials involved or the fire power or accuracy or reliability. The only problem they face today is that considering how modern warfare have evolved they are left a bit behind. Take CQB for example. Out in the open fields they are still value for buck!

Guys why don't you want to understand that neither G3 nor HK33 haven't reliable mechanism.
They have roller bolt system doesn't works properly. I am sorry but it is the fact.
Without rolling bolt somethings would be better. G36 also has this kind of shit mechanism:(
Hk416-417, SIG 551, FN FNC or SCAR , Cz BREN , Ak47-74 have more reliable mechanism.

Ok we all have some reasons. I will explain mine. Some menbers like Mr. Faiez tolk of DMR as if there is one for each Rifle Platoon, but acording to the latest Portuguese Army TOE aproved, each 4 men "Esquadra de Atiradores" (Rifle Squad) will have a commander with a rifle and a radio, a "Granadeiro" (Grenadier) with a rifle with 40mm grenade launcher, a LMG gunner and a DMR. This makes a DMR for each 4 men team. My first vision was they would have a LMG and a DMR for each 8 men Rifle Section as many NATO use, but then they release this and I fought they would keep 2 G3 in each section (one for squad) and then release they will choose a new weapon in both 5,56mm and 7,62mm calibre. So probably it will be 2 HK416 (one with GL) + 1 HK417 + 1 MG4 in each team.
I still think they could have a G3 in each team, but the reality is that Portuguese G3 fought the African Wars since 1961 and for the most part are quite hold.
I just want to explain the racio of DMR we are talking!

Actually ukroturk,Kenya has been a 50 year user of the G3. No probs with the rolling block mechanism,since Pakistan hasn't reported any such issue,we can conclude its a Turk thing:maybe the wrong alloy,IDK. Weight is more of a fitness issue;really proper cardio conditioning should eliminate such an issue.

What I always wondered is why HK didn't do a smaller carbine version like FN?

maxresdefault.jpg

Much handier urban CQB and you still have the power to take out uglies at 600m.

G3 = Old,Heavy and has a chamber problem for which you need a special tool

Why do you think HK has been producing non roller blocking HK416and 417? Thought they have G36 :)
Because Hk416 connects AKs simply and ARs accuracy.
G3 has aliminium frame that not so heavy.
FN FAL is heavier .

Do you think Pakistan and Kenya are interested in quality ?

Back
Top Bottom