What's new

The curious case of Indian Punjabis

Off topic, but I personally think that Indian Government(Congress Party) should apologize to the Sikh community for the 1984 riots, punish the main culprits, and put this behind us.
thanks bro some rational talk ...close this thread now....mitti payo..just punish the culprit ..and canadian sikhs need to understand that khalistan can not survive as an independent state ..when all of coal for thermal comes from bihar ...most of the industrial stuff comes from other states ...and above all no one in Punjab wants a hardcore religious state ...

dude can't tell you about others but we tamilians stood as mute spectators when Sri lankan tamil innocent civilians were brutally killed or for that matter Indian Tamil fisherman being killed at the hands of SL navy............

Dont blame the Tamils for that, Blame the Central Govt for that gross injustice meted out to our bros across the channel (as a revenge for killing RG). When our own politicians (MK) played politics and was not serious what can we common people do ? Atleast now Jaya seems to be talkig tough..Pray to god that she keeps her stand and justice is delivered.

When Rajni gets sick we are so heart broken and devastated, nuclear plant more important than 60 villages etc etc.... this is how we play hence please don't take gounder's ( He is a tamilian) word seriously:cheers:

Oh ok...Dont take my word seriously..but take the word of Bharat Ratna Dr.Kalam seriously. That is enough for me.

still irrational eh... just coz some people were foolish enuf to carry out some barbaric acts makes everyone bad. by ur logic delhi is the biggest enemy of punjab

The only irrational statements that are made is by you in your opening statements.

Try and understand that when partition was imminent, the Punjabi Muslims feared the Punjabi Hindus the most. The Punjabi Hindus were called the swords of Hindus waiting for a chance to get even.

And here you come and sound as though Gandhi and Jinnah brought this upon you.

Dont blame the Tamils for that, Blame the Central Govt for that gross injustice meted out to our bros across the channel. When our own politicians (MK) played politics and was not serious what can we common people do ? Atleast now Jaya seems to be talkig tough..Pray to god that she keeps her stand and justice is delivered.

Oh ok...Dont take my word seriously..but take the word of Bharat Ratna Dr.Kalam seriously. That is enough for me.

as we speak reports of attack on fisher man has occurred while fishing inside our territory what did jaya do?

we accept kalam's 10 point proposal but not what you claimed yesterday in kudunkulam's thread.

My grandfather was born in Pakistani punjab .He told me that before partition hindu muslims and sikhs used to live like brothers and most of his friends where muslims but it all changed when partition was announced it is fact that when rest of the india was celebrating independance Bengal and Punjab were burning.
we can't accuse only jinnah for partition .Both all india congress and all india muslim league made mistakes and after 1947 Both Jinnah and Nehru regretted Partition .Nehru in his many publice speeches expressed his regret and even jinnah According to his doctor Alex von Tunzelmann in his last days Jinnah saw Liaquat [Ali Khan] and told him that Pakistan was ‘the biggest blunder of my life and If now I get an opportunity, I will go to Delhi and tell Jawahar ji to forget about the follies of the past and become friends again.No doubt many of pakistani friends will find this evidence circumstantial,but during a Pakistan Times sponsored flight to survey of crisis in the Punjab, he held his head in his hands and reputedly remarked, “Oh my God, what have I done?”

I am a Punjabi ( hindu/sikh) . I belong to a small town near Amritsar.Last year, I had the opportunity of going to Wagah Border to see the Flag ceremony. The land and people on the either side of the fence were no different.I could not help but wonder why did punjab( Indian) choose to be a part of India rather than Pakistan or Viceversa for Pakistan punjab....Punjab has its own unique culture which is very similar on either side of the fence to the best of my knowledge.

It is not even a question of religious tolerance as before partition muslim,hindus and sikhs used to live together and still do in India. Even right now there is a town 10 kms away from my place where every sign post or advertisement board is written in urdu...and we live happily together( i cannot read urdu). the elders in my village elders(really old guns) always share their fond memories of pre partition days,Lahore features unequivocally in almost all of these conversations i must say. will visit lahore for sure one day.have to see what is all the hype about.after all its not made of gold.is it.lol

i think anyone from west bengal feels same about bengladesh we have shared same culture for thousand of years and last century is not something we can be proud of .We can't change the past and there will be no reunion for sure but in future I hope one day we will be able to make Pak-India,India-bangla borders irrelevant ( like us and canada)

Lahore features unequivocally in almost all of these conversations
:tup:

as we speak reports of attack on fisher man has occurred while fishing inside our territory what did jaya do?

The pertinent question is what can she do ?

She is not a part of the coalition.
Tamil nadu does not have an exclusive coast guard or Navy

Tell me..what can she do except press the Central Govt on this issue ?

we accept kalam's 10 point proposal but not what you claimed yesterday in kudunkulam's thread.

I dont see the protests stopping. Udhayakumar had made it very clear that they reject Dr.Kalam's proposals and will struggle till the plant is closed permanently. What say ?

We are going offtopic here...

ha in support of Tony singh ...i just googled and i got more results than i can post some are

Tony singh hare----the drug traffiking.....
Tony singh- the british chef
Tony singh- the television director,producer and actor
Tony singh- vice chairman - max India ltd.....and so on....and mind swapper if you were a really sikh you would have known...would'nt you ?

i think anyone from west bengal feels same about bengladesh we have shared same culture for thousand of years and last century is not something we can be proud of .We can't change the past and there will be no reunion for sure but in future I hope one day we will be able to make Pak-India,India-bangla borders irrelevant ( like us and canada)

:tup:
I hope that day comes in my life time:pakistan:

thanks bro some rational talk ...close this thread now....mitti payo..just punish the culprit ..and canadian sikhs need to understand that khalistan can not survive as an independent state ..when all of coal for thermal comes from bihar ...most of the industrial stuff comes from other states ...and above all no one in Punjab wants a hardcore religious state ...

If that were so easy. Political parties survive on that. It is the common people that have to have a better sense. Pilot and Sajjan Kumar alone couldn't do crap, it was that typical mob on rent that transformed into that stigmatic crusade.

Do you remember a post some days back, when a video of someone to lead a rally of Altaf Hussein was posted here? That guy for a moment went off to say "Altaf Ku##a hai hai" and stuff like that, before realizing he was suppose to call someone else's name.

It is these kind of people who come out to show themselves as part of the people. While such people rampaged and culled the Sikhs, the common people hid themselves and watched in horror. Not just Sikh people, even most of the Hindu/Muslim/Christian etc. have those horrifying images imprinted on them. They detest it, because they are humans. The particular local mobsters were not the humans.

Rather, those particular mobsters are big assets to political parties, which is why Pilot and Sajjan Kumar went unpunished. So calling every general non-Sikh, or even insinuating any of them as anti-Sikh would be a grave injustice.

ha in support of Tony singh ...i just googled and i got more results than i can post some are

Tony singh hare----the drug traffiking.....
Tony singh- the british chef
Tony singh- the television director,producer and actor
Tony singh- vice chairman - max India ltd.....and so on....and mind swapper if you were a really sikh you would have known...would'nt you ?
Tony singh can be sikh name ..but mostly people who are desi ...born in punjab... avoid having such kinda names ...its not a hardcore punjabi name (for e.g. Kanwar yugraj singh aulkh) ..tony singh sounds a bit gay ...mostly used by bollywood where they use it to make fun of sardars ....in punjab such kinda names are less common ...although they are there ...and i was just messing with that guy .....

The pertinent question is what can she do ?

She is not a part of the coalition.
Tamil nadu does not have an exclusive coast guard or Navy

Tell me..what can she do except press the Central Govt on this issue ?

I dont see the protests stopping. Udhayakumar had made it very clear that they reject Dr.Kalam's proposals and will struggle till the plant is closed permanently. What say ?

sorry to others for off topic post here had to reply
gounder for any doubts post it in kudankulam's thread

dude you are a kid...
all this protest and suddenly everyone will agree to the deal huh....
various villages or rather various castes are involved each one having their demands..you should know how caste plays here

besides everyone are happy but not fully satisfied with kalam's 10 points actually its Govt's proposal sent through Kalam. Government doesn't want to look as if those they blinked first.
For this proposal to go through lots of discussion will take place.
Meeting is going on in Tirunelveli now as we speak. what say?

dude you are a kid...
all this protest and suddenly everyone will agree to the deal huh....
various villages or rather various castes are involved each one having their demands..you should know how caste plays here

besides everyone are happy but not fully satisfied with kalam's 10 points actually its Govt's proposal sent through Kalam. Government doesn't want to look as if those they blinked first.
For this proposal to go through lots of discussion will take place.
Meeting is going on in Tirunelveli now as we speak what say?

I say I will be happy if this Udhayakumar and rest of his vested coterie are arse kicked, the villagers who are probably fooled by these vested interests are enlightened about the true benefits and the need for nuclear energy and the facilities that are about to be developed , the KNPP proceeds as per schedule and the Tamil Nadu gets enough power to become the #1 state in India.

I am no kid..it is you who are being fooled by the vested interests about the so-called evils of nuke power when we desperately need it and it is the cleanest source of power.

What I do not understand is why a state like Punjab has to be paired up with other places like tamil naidu or assam.I do not speak tamil,do not understand their culture and probably will never go there since we are 2000kms apart from each other.I do respect all the cultures and I think everyone should be proud of their identity.But I find it extremely weird that on one hand punjab is clubbed with Assam which is culturally so different and on the other hand a place which is 90% similar and only 50 miles away i m not allowed to visit.

@Raavan

Forget Assam and Tamilnadu , even people of Hariyana had their own state when chance came and would never let punjab take over the city of Chandigarh.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom