What's new

Tejas pilots pull 8 ‘g’ and beyond clearing critical FOC point

that happens when you move the goal post 'a little further' every time the goals are met but water down goals for foreign vendors and to get kickbacks have no problem to send your rookie pilots to train in 40 year old systems/flying coffins but reject a home grown platform just because 'all its systems' are not checked and re checked and due to this constant goal post change it is some 500 Kg heavier now what do you call that ?

Mean no taunt here but i will call it totally unaware of destiny and being on journey yet not sure what to take along and how to use it. Somehow that's what happened or may be few Indian PDF members proved it be like what i said by coming-up with stories or rumor based news and made hype or may be it's something else.

Mean no taunt here but i will call it totally unaware of destiny and being on journey yet not sure what to take along and how to use it. Somehow that's what happened or may be few Indian PDF members proved it be like what i said by coming-up with stories or rumor based news and made hype or may be it's something else.
what is your point :what:

what is your point :what:

moved the goal post or being unsuccessful so i will go with being unsuccessful. That's the point i said above. Your guys were not able to make it fly with all gadgets and it result it all delays and is still pending. Let see what\s coming at FOC time line.

moved the goal post or being unsuccessful so i will go with being unsuccessful. That's the point i said above. Your guys were not able to make it fly with all gadgets and it result it all delays and is still pending. Let see what\s coming at FOC time line.
wrong IAF never supported the idea of home grown fighter jets they always wanted top cutting edge western platforms and even played games to cull Marut and Gnat while still dragging there feet with russian systems and the fact they never participated like what USAF or RAF or RSAF does with the R&D agency to give active help in usage and design inputs thats why things are getting delayed

First of all LCA have been officially inducted already.

Second LCA is more than an aircraft itself. It is the project to give india selfreliance to build the figher plane from the scratch, and to lower the technological gap. Tejas is long flying with the the Mig-27 Upgrade, Jaguar Darlin upgrade, and with the su30MKI whose subsystems developed for tejas is been used.

Third LCA project is itself a hit with 120 confirm order from IAF, and 40 + for Indian Naval air wing and 80+ tandem LIFT version, and with MK2 which is bang on Grippen. LCA tejas will be build more than our Chinese bird which you called JF-17.

well mate... JFT is another story of success and continue (don't want to derail the topic) though there is no tough time thing yet by LCA, as being realistic let it be into the air first.
Only an idiot would think that Tejas is not flying. With IOC certificate, the plane itself is certify to fly by the pilots not the test pilots, just like what your JF-17 is right now aka in IOC stage. With FOC certification means it is fully certified, and with full capabilities declared by the OEM i.e ADA.

First of all LCA have been officially inducted already.

Second LCA is more than an aircraft itself. It is the project to give india selfreliance to build the figher plane from the scratch, and to lower the technological gap. Tejas is long flying with the the Mig-27 Upgrade, Jaguar Darlin upgrade, and with the su30MKI whose subsystems developed for tejas is been used.

Third LCA project is itself a hit with 120 confirm order from IAF, and 40 + for Indian Naval air wing and 80+ tandem LIFT version, and with MK2 which is bang on Grippen. LCA tejas will be build more than our Chinese bird which you called JF-17.

Yes there are a lot of orders for LCA but it does not relate to what are the orders for JFT as our needed numbers are less in count than yours. Above we have been discussing about delays and what it caused by. JF-17 is Joint Fighter PAK-China).

Only an idiot would think that Tejas is not flying. With IOC certificate, the plane itself is certify to fly by the pilots not the test pilots, just like what your JF-17 is right now aka in IOC stage. With FOC certification means it is fully certified, and with full capabilities declared by the OEM i.e ADA.

Flying and flying fully operational in IAF, are so far different statements. JFT is not just flied by the PAF pilots but also battle proven and inducted in numbers so also if i am not wrong then it has IOC. On other hand LCA is not fully operational yet despite a long period of tests and dates of delays. Just performed 8 Gs but still long way to go, isn't it?

Yes there are a lot of orders for LCA but it does not relate to what are the orders for JFT as our needed numbers are less in count than yours. Above we have been discussing about delays and what it caused by. JF-17 is Joint Fighter PAK-China)

Flying and flying fully operational in IAF, are so far different statements. JFT is not just flied by the PAF pilots but also battle proven and inducted in numbers so also if i am not wrong then it has IOC. On other hand LCA is not fully operational yet despite a long period of tests and dates of delays. Just performed 8 Gs but still long way to go, isn't it?

One country developed/purchased S400 now do you think that country is desperate to use its weapon to prove that it is fully operationalized. LCA have been inducted in IAF officially in 2015, and the fighter rookie pilots are getting training on it. With FOC means all capabilities -- P.s even Su 30MKI radars Bars N001Bars got full capabilities in year 2012.

And as far as JF-17 taking part in the war on terror is concerned, dropping dump bombs does not prove anything and JFT have to prove itself of dropping LGB with its WMD-7 pod, and even IOC LCA tejas is far more capable of it in this case.

Its the CELEMAC another authority in the India, that certifies whether the plane is capable of 8.5G or not. And to prove the certification this was not the flight to show them to the CELEMAC. It was achieved during the flight, when LCA capabilities and flying enveloped are expanded more. Same in the case of AoA, theoratically LCA can have the AoA of 35 degree, but that would be drastical if ever tried, so the AoA maximum are set for the plane and later expanded step by step like 24 degree, and eventually 26 degree. With Mk2 with TVC, the AoA could be easily expanded to 28 degree.

Yes there are a lot of orders for LCA but it does not relate to what are the orders for JFT as our needed numbers are less in count than yours. Above we have been discussing about delays and what it caused by. JF-17 is Joint Fighter PAK-China)

FC-1 was developed for the export only with pakistan as the first customer, and chinese are marketing it very aggresively. On the other hand LCA Tejas was never designed for export, nor india have any policy to have great export orders. LCA project was to provide self reliance to the India and JFT for pakisani is to get the weapon quickly and at the affortable price. Both planes are different, their roles are different ,and purpose.

Last edited:
One country developed/purchased S400 now do you think that country is desperate to use its weapon to prove that it is fully operationalized. LCA have been inducted in IAF officially in 2015, and the fighter rookie pilots are getting training on it. With FOC means all capabilities -- P.s even Su 30MKI radars Bars N001Bars got full capabilities in year 2014.

And as far as JF-17 taking part in the war on terror is concerned, dropping dump bombs does not prove anything and JFT have to prove itself of dropping LGB with its WMD-7 pod, and even IOC LCA tejas is far more capable of it in this case.

Its the CELEMAC another authority in the India, that certifies whether the plane is capable of 8.5G or not. And to prove the certification this was not the flight to show them to the CELEMAC. It was achieved during the flight, when LCA capabilities and flying enveloped are expanded more. Same in the case of AoA, theoratically LCA can have the AoA of 35 degree, but that would be drastical if ever tried, so the AoA maximum are set for the plane and later expanded step by step like 24 degree, and eventually 26 degree. With Mk2 with TVC, the AoA could be easily expanded to 28 degree.

FC-1 was developed for the export only with pakistan as the first customer, and chinese are marketing it very aggresively. On the other hand LCA Tejas was never designed for export, nor india have any policy to have great export orders. LCA project was to provide self reliance to the India and JFT for pakisani is to get the weapon quickly and at the affortable price. Both planes are different, their roles are different ,and purpose.

Developed something and then desperate to prove is necessity of the thing. How to prove is concern and JFT had it chance to be used and proved but it is not necessary that LCA should be sent to war but once finalized can prove in exercise too and yet it has a long way to go.

When it is about JFT then it's all dropping dumb bomb and this and that..... is it why many nations are interested in JFT yet soon the names would be announced. NS is going to visit SL and hopefully the deal will be finalized too. Addition to same Nigeria and Egypt taking interest and will be so on.... and India was trying to counter the sale with LCA in case of SL. JFT is our plan so indeed we are happy with it but you can accept it's success.

JFT is Joint Venture, i must say again as you are trying to prove that it was just a plan sold to Pakistan.

If LCA was built to learn in longer aspects then you shouldn't have tried to press hard IAF to induct it though IAF has been denying to opt in love of Rafale.

Depends on what you mean by "in time" - 25 years from scratch and despite sanctions is pretty much in line for countries that don't steal technology or beg for designs from other countries.

Still, LCA would have been ready in 10 years instead of 25, if India had gone for a mig-21 like all metal design, no FBW, inferior and cheap Russian engine and cheap off-the-shelf Walmart radar, or even better just "borrowed" a design off the shelf from some other country and passed off as our "own" design. Thankfully India is not a joke country.

Calm down ......

how many gold medals you won to go for from the scratch and another thing, the scratch was started with help of French too. 25 years and count plus more. 56 or close to that flaws and almost borrowed everything from others as the list may cause a long post here if i mention. The cheap Russian engine that still doing well and yes soon the overhaul and maintenance shop will be in Pakistan (Just to update you as new here).

There was nothing i said In Time but i was just asking about delays and your ex-countrymen was telling the things, that's all.

When you don't respect the others, what would you have in return so if it is the way you discuss things, better not to quote me again. What goes around, comes around.

@Skywalker

Calm down ......

how many gold medals you won to go for from the scratch and another thing, the scratch was started with help of French too. 25 years and count plus more. 56 or close to that flaws and almost borrowed everything from others as the list may cause a long post here if i mention. The cheap Russian engine that still doing well and yes soon the overhaul and maintenance shop will be in Pakistan (Just to update you as new here).

There was nothing i said In Time but i was just asking about delays and your ex-countrymen was telling the things, that's all.

When you don't respect the others, what would you have in return so if it is the way you discuss things, better not to quote me again. What goes around, comes around.

@Skywalker
When did i quote you on that, infact you have been quoting me in each n every of your post, and kindly dont try to teach me about respect.

A good start but hows FOC work coming up? On time? Delayed? if delayed then by when FOC is expected?
Any news on weapon trials say Derby/Python firing plan?
BUT prime focus is FOC..(on time hopefully)
Saurav Jha ‏@SJha1618 30 Dec 2015New Delhi, Delhi
Radome and IFR integration will commence soon and test units will start flying in Early 2016

That my friend is the only update i have in public domain,,,,i guess he is implying that post Bahrain we may see these tested

Sir based on Saurav Jhas tweet do you think March FOC looks feasible?

whn it happens,,i can bet tht this shameless bunch wont miss the opportunity to brag abt it,,,so in all probability,, no FOC in march

I say it cant pull beyond 8G. Until now still stands true. The low AoA still persists. Indian shall stop humiliating herself by letting this plane go on aerial display in foreign airshow.

Wait for Bahrain air show. You will see the difference between copy junks and a plane emerged out of years of R & D.

Well done tejas. I am excited to to think about this plane in 2017 when Aerodynamic performance shall improved by 20, Trans sonic acceleration will improve by 20% and weight shall be reduced by 15%. This is a super plane in making. This is a bloody beast. Fu*k anything in south asia except Su30.

Mysuru, Jan 01: India's Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas cleared one of the most critical flight test parameters in the programme, when the pilots pulled 8 'g' (limit of envelope) during its ongoing test flights in Bengaluru. By doing so, it has cleared a key point towards the Final Operational Clearance (FOC), as mandated by the Indian Air Force (IAF). Tejas Sources told OneIndia that Tejas pilots pulled 8 ‘g' and beyond a couple of times during trials held in the last fortnight of December. Commodore Jaideep Maolonkar, Chief Test Pilot at National Flight Test Centre (NFTC) and Group Capt Rangachari, a Test Pilot of NFTC achieved this critical task taking the fighter closer to the FOC. Interestingly, officials at the Defence Research Development Organisation (DRDO), Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) and Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA) were tight-lipped about this major milestone achieved. As reported by OneIndia earlier, scientists and engineers are now engaged in last-minute preparations to take Tejas for the 4th edition of Bahrain International Air Show (BIAS-2016), being held from January 21-23 at the Sakhir Airbase. This will be Tejas' first official outing outside India to participate in a flying demonstration. Also read: OneIndia Exclusive: Tejas may create history with flying demo at Bahrain air show Fighter can now perform combat maneuvers "The 8 'g' is the limit of the flight envelope which permits aircraft to perform combat maneuvers. This will enable the pilots to do tight turns. They have demonstrated it a couple of times. The pilots are comfortable and aircraft behaved itself," a source said. As this piece goes live on New Year's Day, the Tejas programme has so far (from 2001) logged 3031 flights (1938 hours) with nearly 15 variants joining the programme at different stages. Though Tejas skipped the December 2015 deadline for attaining the FOC, the year otherwise was a satisfying one with the first Series Production aircraft (SP1) being handed over to IAF during early January. "Being a weapon platform, Tejas has to perform in extreme climatic conditions. Therefore the vigorous testing pursued at Leh (-20deg C) and at Jaiselmer (+40deg C) concludes the aircraft can perform in almost all weather conditions effortlessly. Very few aircraft can demonstrate such capabilities," claims the source.
seriously India should abandon that LCA program. PAKFA will be a better thing to put money on.... kion LCA ko peet rahay ho abhi tak bhai logon? Scientists bachon ki jan logy kia? :)

Back
Top Bottom