What's new

India to deploy Tejas aircraft on the western front by mid of this year (likely Srinagar)

With 16 tejas now deployed on pak border
armed with python 5 wvr and Derby bvr o wounded how long the f7 and mirage would last In dog fighting
150 of pakistan total 350 fighter fleet includes,these obselete aeroplanes..
that's,like 40% of the fleet.

With 16 tejas now deployed on pak border
armed with python 5 wvr and Derby bvr o wounded how long the f7 and mirage would last In dog fighting
150 of pakistan total 350 fighter fleet includes,these obselete aeroplanes..
that's,like 40% of the fleet.

And as an strong message to prove your point you post not one of these "16 tejas now deployed on pak border" but an unarmed Tejas downing a PLAAF J-11 and a French AF Rafale?! :hitwall: :crazy:

Indeed, a very STRONK message. :omghaha:

So it can fire a missile on bollywood music.... Great.
Music can be as per the choice of listeners and viewers.

Any particular choice? Let it be known.

Over and above the music it fires missiles and drops bombs too. For Pakistan these tasks would be done while mounted on a truck. This decision was taken after seeming overwhelming demand from FMs with green flags for the same.

So you mean Pakistan will blackmail US stating I'll shoot myself or you mend ways with me.....Lol...and most powerful country in south Asia?..how..just because of that "Atom Bomb"?..

Question is how long Pakistan keep itself viable for the world just basis of letting it's land, geographic location, and resources (mercenaries), used by others for their conflict. When will world recognise any significant contribution that Pakistan can make and start treating it with dignity rather than using it as a tissue paper....

for a very very long time ……. Lol
it won't be upgraded in line with block 3
you can't change the fcs from single axis or add composites to airframe
at best cockpit updated with new weapons
it will block 2.5 version

why mav, why ……. Why would they not upgrade the front part of the aircraft with some reinforcements and call it an MLU kit up ing the radar to aesa and better missile avoidance systems . This would be cheaper than creating an aircraft from scratch and we could use the pl-15 on all block 2s

k

for a very very long time ……. Lol

why mav, why ……. Why would they not upgrade the front part of the aircraft with some reinforcements and call it an MLU kit up ing the radar to aesa and better missile avoidance systems . This would be cheaper than creating an aircraft from scratch and we could use the pl-15 on all block 2s

k
that's,what I said.
but it won't mirror the airframe improvements in block 3

Naturally India will deploy the Tejas on border with Pakistan....as cannon fodder.
Losing a few dozen Tejas in the opening salvos will not hurt too much as compared to say SU-30s or Rafales.
The IAF tried same tactics during 1971 war by first trying to rely on the SU-7s and Hunters but when that never paid off, it brought out MiG-21s as a back up.
JF-17s are however more than capable to take care of most IAF front liners.

¹New specifacitions of Tejas out. MTOW increased to 14240 kgs payload increased to 3920 kg from 13500 kg, it will be crrtified for 4.2 tons.

As per some old news, Cervice ceiling to be increased to 18000 meter, range without drop tamk to be increased to 2000 km+. Furl to be increased by 60kg.

Naturally India will deploy the Tejas on border with Pakistan....as cannon fodder.
Losing a few dozen Tejas in the opening salvos will not hurt too much as compared to say SU-30s or Rafales.
The IAF tried same tactics during 1971 war by first trying to rely on the SU-7s and Hunters but when that never paid off, it brought out MiG-21s as a back up.
JF-17s are however more than capable to take care of most IAF front liners.

I think they are deploying the Tejas because of the Israeli radar and Israeli BVR systems, Israeli EW/ECM systems that are designed to work together(lesson they learnt in Feb 2019 clash when they got a Mig21 and Su30MKI shot down because they are frankenstein machines that have not had properly integrated all their subsystems together correctly ) and also overall it seems that they have more faith in Israeli systems than in Russian systems aswell.

Whatever you think of Israel, their Iron Dome system is quite impressive when you consider what it is doing!

¹New specifacitions of Tejas out. MTOW increased to 14240 kgs payload increased to 3920 kg from 13500 kg, it will be crrtified for 4.2 tons.

As per some old news, Cervice ceiling to be increased to 18000 meter, range without drop tamk to be increased to 2000 km+. Furl to be increased by 60kg.

I'm sorry but what did you just say about its range without drop tanks?

Especially when it's only increase by 60kg?

Somehow 60kg makes the difference between 500km current range and 2000km range?

I'm sorry but what did you just say about its range without drop tanks?

Especially when it's only increase by 60kg?

Somehow 60kg makes the difference between 500km current range and 2000km range?

It is an increase of 300 km not 500 km. it has come from aerodynamic improvements, air intake redesign and marginal (3%) improvement in fuel.

It is an increase of 300 km not 500 km. it has come from aerodynamic improvements, air intake redesign and marginal (3%) improvement in fuel.
Are you referring to combat range or range w/o drop tanks?

Back
Top Bottom