What's new

Teas... please post what you drink

I do like this one has to be said. Some are a bit too floral, but some hit the spot good too (lot of good chinese/viet restaurants here carry a decent green jasmine tea that is supplied graciously).
A friend of mine goes to China every year; he visits a village nearby where they put together an amazing local packaged jasmine tea. Man, it blew me away totally.

Avoid the low quality fujian - red/orange boxed ones. The green or blue colour brand is very very good; i cant find the photo but i can take it from my store and attach tomorrow

Butterflies drawn on it.

Coffee to start the day, than i toggle mostly between darjling and green for the afternoon session.
Is that OK?

it blew me away totally.

May it was more than Jasmine.....

20181213_005607.jpg

I don't know which brand, but dhabbay ke chaye is the best.

A friend of mine goes to China every year; he visits a village nearby where they put together an amazing local packaged jasmine tea. Man, it blew me away totally.

Avoid the low quality fujian - red/orange boxed ones. The green or blue colour brand is very very good; i cant find the photo but i can take it from my store and attach tomorrow

Butterflies drawn on it.
Maybe you're referring to Dragon Well tea. It's limited picking season and the region gives it a high selling price

Guys, prepare to get blown away. This is the absolute best fruit tea I have ever made.

3.jpg

Other than this. I enjoy this Turkish tea.

kisspng-turkish-tea-rize-tea-earl-grey-tea-turist-5b14f6d6c01f21.4333198415281005667869.jpg

Coffee to start the day, than i toggle mostly between darjling and green for the afternoon session.
Is that OK?

May it was more than Jasmine.....
Nah. it was more the freshness of good jasmine flowers and tea quality

Maybe you're referring to Dragon Well tea. It's limited picking season and the region gives it a high selling price
Not sure; it is in a plastic bag; i may still have the packaging somewhere.

The tin jar one - butterfly brand is also good but nothing like the one my friend brought. Oolong is also good but prefer to drink jasmine.

My aunt grows lemon grass in her garden; she brewed black tea with lemon grass. very nice and pleasant.

ShotType1_328x328.jpg

416T-o7cLYL.jpg

s-l640.jpg

c1020a80-8334-4c5b-bf50-d94af2a1d663_425x425.JPG

Chamomile-Tea-Benefit-660x446.jpg

1896-1115176-Lemon%20Zest%20620375-%2006.png

IDShot_540x540.jpg

Tried some Arabic one once while on Umrah:

1200px-Arabic_tea.jpg

It was like venom! Strong hot and burnt!

Then this was the herbal one I had:

finocchio.jpg

Was in Poland and went to a herbal tea shop that looked like this:

images

Guy couldnt speak English ..I had a Ukrainian colleague who could understand broken Polish and tried Russian...I got some sleeping tea from there....Mild stuff gave it to my sibling...smelled weird though

ShotType1_328x328.jpg

416T-o7cLYL.jpg

s-l640.jpg

IDShot_540x540.jpg

1200px-Arabic_tea.jpg

finocchio.jpg

images

Guy couldnt speak English ..I had a Ukrainian colleague who could understand broken Polish and tried Russian...I got some sleeping tea from there....Mild stuff gave it to my sibling...smelled weird though

Can you please post the environmental cost of Tea plantation out of native land?

Can you please post the environmental cost of Tea plantation out of native land?
I dont think that is the purpose of the thread! It is just to share what you drink....not to get a headache about it!

6 tea traditions from around the world
By Entertainment Desk

1866750-tea-1544776479-411-640x480.jpg

PHOTO: DAILY MAIL

Tea is the second most consumed drink in the world after water. From the time of the ancient Chinese Dynasty to present, the different types of this beverage have multiple benefits. From aiding weight loss to being therapeutic through its various scents, it is more than just a morning mind-booster for many individuals.

While people in Pakistan are often only familiar with doodh patti, elaichi chai, Kashmiri tea and green tea, there is a wide variety of tea traditions around the world that many are probably unaware of. On National Tea Day, here is a list of six different tea rituals, compiled from World Tea News.

1. Japan: The matcha ceremony

1-1544774829.jpg

PHOTO: FILE

In Japan, tea is an important part of the food culture. Even though the diversity of tea is quite big in this part of the world, when someone mentions the word “tea” without specifying the type, it’s green tea that they’re probably referring to. The ceremony of tea is known as matcha, which consists of serving green tea to a small group of people in one of those popular teahouses. For those who want to live the real tea experience, take a flight to Tokyo and don’t miss the chance to visit one of the city’s most popular tearooms.

2. Morocco: Mint tea, the heart of the culture

2-1544774863.png

It is almost impossible to spend 24 hours in a Moroccan city and not be served hot tea. Touareg tea or Moroccan mint tea lies at the heart of their culture. Strongly linked to the act of hospitality, the mint tea is served to guests three times with each glass meaning a different thing – Life, love and death. Of course, all of them have to be consumed. Do you fancy a Moroccan tea? You will only need a large quantity of hard sugar, five teaspoons for every spoon of fresh tea and of course, mint, the essential ingredient.

3. New Zealand: The tea-break

According to historians, New Zealand imported considerable amounts of tea in the 19th century, with the arrival of the British missionaries. Today people experiment with other types of tea like the Japanese green tea, blends like earl grey and Chinese teas such as oolong. Like in America, the interest for this drink comes from the tea’s reputation and its health benefits. New Zealand’s only commercial tea plantation is called Zealong, which launched its first products in 2009.

4. China: The dynasty of tea

For the Chinese, tea is synonymous to life. They were the first to discover the tea leaf and have been drinking tea ever since. Because of the geographic climate, many locations across the country cultivate different types of tea. The art of making tea is called “Cha dao”, which was soon accepted as one of the most important cultures that Japan learned from China. The only national museum in China can be found in Hangzhou, where there is a detailed description of the historic development of tea culture in China.

5. Russia: Zavarka for guests

5-1544774900.jpg

There are two things that Russians love most: Vodka and tea. The history of this country tells us that it was along the Bolsheviks’ victory during the Civil War that soldiers and industrial workers started to get free tea, which until that point was considered an upper class product. Today most Russians enjoy what they call Zavarka, a very strong tea prepared in a separate tea pot that allows hosts to serve the guests in several rounds. If you ever travel to Russia, don’t hesitate to have your tea with a piece of cake, as it is considered quite rude to serve the tea “naked”.

6. Argentina: The mate experience

6-1544774928.jpg

People often say that if you want to know Argentina well, you need to try its meat, its wine and its mate. Yerba mate is the national drink of one of the most amazing countries in South America and the truth is that it’s more than just a drink. It’s also a way of life. Even though it’s not really tea (it grows on a bush), whoever travels to this country will find out that people drink it at any time of the day. The more you drink it, the strongest the after-taste.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1866750/4-6-tea-traditions-around-world/

tumuru tea .. amazing aroma and we usually collect them when we go to our village every summer,
the plant is found around pasture near glaciers so its all natural.

December 14, 2018

Tea is the second most consumed drink in the world after water. From the time of the ancient Chinese Dynasty to present, the different types of this beverage have multiple benefits. From aiding weight loss to being therapeutic through its various scents, it is more than just a morning mind-booster for many individuals.

While people in Pakistan are often only familiar with doodh patti, elaichi chai, Kashmiri tea and green tea, there is a wide variety of tea traditions around the world that many are probably unaware of. On National Tea Day, here is a list of six different tea rituals, compiled from World Tea News.

1-1544774829.jpg

In Japan, tea is an important part of the food culture. Even though the diversity of tea is quite big in this part of the world, when someone mentions the word “tea” without specifying the type, it’s green tea that they’re probably referring to. The ceremony of tea is known as matcha, which consists of serving green tea to a small group of people in one of those popular teahouses. For those who want to live the real tea experience, take a flight to Tokyo and don’t miss the chance to visit one of the city’s most popular tearooms.

2-1544774863.png

It is almost impossible to spend 24 hours in a Moroccan city and not be served hot tea. Touareg tea or Moroccan mint tea lies at the heart of their culture. Strongly linked to the act of hospitality, the mint tea is served to guests three times with each glass meaning a different thing – Life, love and death. Of course, all of them have to be consumed. Do you fancy a Moroccan tea? You will only need a large quantity of hard sugar, five teaspoons for every spoon of fresh tea and of course, mint, the essential ingredient.

According to historians, New Zealand imported considerable amounts of tea in the 19th century, with the arrival of the British missionaries. Today people experiment with other types of tea like the Japanese green tea, blends like earl grey and Chinese teas such as oolong. Like in America, the interest for this drink comes from the tea’s reputation and its health benefits. New Zealand’s only commercial tea plantation is called Zealong, which launched its first products in 2009.

For the Chinese, tea is synonymous to life. They were the first to discover the tea leaf and have been drinking tea ever since. Because of the geographic climate, many locations across the country cultivate different types of tea. The art of making tea is called “Cha dao”, which was soon accepted as one of the most important cultures that Japan learned from China. The only national museum in China can be found in Hangzhou, where there is a detailed description of the historic development of tea culture in China.

5-1544774900.jpg

There are two things that Russians love most: Vodka and tea. The history of this country tells us that it was along the Bolsheviks’ victory during the Civil War that soldiers and industrial workers started to get free tea, which until that point was considered an upper class product. Today most Russians enjoy what they call Zavarka, a very strong tea prepared in a separate tea pot that allows hosts to serve the guests in several rounds. If you ever travel to Russia, don’t hesitate to have your tea with a piece of cake, as it is considered quite rude to serve the tea “naked”.

6-1544774928.jpg

People often say that if you want to know Argentina well, you need to try its meat, its wine and its mate. Yerba mate is the national drink of one of the most amazing countries in South America and the truth is that it’s more than just a drink. It’s also a way of life. Even though it’s not really tea (it grows on a bush), whoever travels to this country will find out that people drink it at any time of the day. The more you drink it, the strongest the after-taste.

December 14, 2018

1-1544774829.jpg

2-1544774863.png

5-1544774900.jpg

6-1544774928.jpg

You bring an interesting twist; in Cuba if you ask for tea; you get a surprise - it looks like tea but it is some herbal tea which i could figure out.

Good one. My friends from Mauritania and senegal do the following in a iron tea pot. Gunpowder tea plus tonnes of mint and loaded with sugar. very very addictive. Similar to Moroccan mint tea but more potent.

Also dont forget the Russian contribution of Samavar pot!.

Further questions:

1. What do you use to brew tea?
- boiling water into a pot of tea and put tea leaves in?
- boil with tea leaves?
2. If you take milk with tea?
- put milk and boil tea with it?
- put milk in cup before adding brewed tea
- put milk after adding brewed tea in cup
3. Do you put other herbs or salt/sugar
- lemon grass/mint/cardomon/thyme

ShotType1_328x328.jpg

416T-o7cLYL.jpg

s-l640.jpg

IDShot_540x540.jpg

1200px-Arabic_tea.jpg

finocchio.jpg

images

Might be camomile tea.

Teams & friends.

What Tea is your favourite and what brands do you recommend?

Here we have in general 2 classes of teas:
1. Black tea which is a blend from local and Sri-Lanka
2. Rooiboos (red bush tea)

In #1, we have mostly Joko, 5 Roses as being our favourites here. Loose tea is most common. Bags not so much as it is considered not to part good flavours. We do get in border towns tea from Zimbabwe which I happen now to like a lot - Tanganda tea - very earthy flavour.

I heard that they do tea in Africa, but I haven't ever drunk any. I'd only read about Kenya; it's a surprise to see you talking about your local tea and also Zimbabwe Tanganda tea. Ah well...it goes into my bucket list.

Mostly Lipton Green tea:

Occasionally, Girnar Masala Chai (on Rainy Days).

You are to be envied. I am constantly told to shift to green tea (my daughter, most of the time), but just can't bring myself to. Masala Chai is not in the frame.

Back
Top Bottom