What's new

Tactical Uqab UAV detailed

jawadqamar

Reaction score
ASIAN DEFENCE: Tactical Uqab UAV detailed

There are two versions of Uqab UAV. One is tactical version of UAV with the flying range of 150km onwards while other one will be a strategic version of the UAV which can go up to 350km onwards. Both tactical and strategic versions of UAV systems can undertake a pre-programmed mission or can be piloted by the Air Vehicle Controller. The strategic version of the UAV has the capability to adapt to the change of mission during the flight. It can transmit information and data through ground control station and can even change the flight path, height and speed according to the situation.There were three companies that competed and offered their UAS systems for the tactical version of Uqab UAV to Pakistan army.,,,,,

1. Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) with its ‘Huma-1 and under development Huma-II.

2. Advanced Computing and Engineering Solutions (ACES) with its Eagle-Eye-P1 UAV and larger Eagle-Eye P-II UAV.

3. Albadeey with its Hud Hud II UAV and Hud Hud III UAV which is an enlarged version of the Hud Hud II UAV................

ACES's Eagle Eye-PI/II tactical UAV’s were selected by the for further development under name Uqab tactical UAV. It took another year to fully meet the requirement and then user trials started in 2007 by Pakistan army. On March 20 Thursday, 2008 it was declared by the ISPR that Pakistan successfully conducted a final test flight of its indigenously-developed Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV). Chief of the Army Staff General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, senior military officers and scientists witnessed the test of the Uqab,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Good news for Pakistan. ALHAMDULILLAH atleast we are Making Some Nice UAV on our on.

we should start sending Uqaab to Afganistan and take some base pictures and just attack a base with a cruise missiles and casualities should be range around 50-60 and than tell USA that it was an accident we thought it was terrorist camps they buy it or not its up to them pre-pare the army for any action.

A great acheivement on our part. Another milestone!
An indegenious production of a UAV.
Someone was blaming us for copying 'others' missile as if they themselves have been getting everything right! (BTW they just failed the other dat:cheesy:)

we should start sending Uqaab to Afganistan and take some base pictures and just attack a base with a cruise missiles and casualities should be range around 50-60 and than tell USA that it was an accident we thought it was terrorist camps they buy it or not its up to them pre-pare the army for any action.

Well hold on bro!
Its a UAV not a UCAV it can't attack and that too not a cruise missile.

I was going to ask a similar question from the worthy member who gave us the guud news that if he can tell us how long it is going to take us to convert this UAV into a UCAV (ofcourse we would love to have UCAVs left alone a UAV)

The Air Chief said something about that being in the works, apparently UCAV is the next step after UAV induction. I don't remember the time frame exactly but I do know that no information has been released on the weapons configuration. I doubt we can get our hands on or make Hellfires, most probably TOW or Bhaktar Shakian I’d guess.

The Air Chief said something about that being in the works, apparently UCAV is the next step after UAV induction. I don't remember the time frame exactly but I do know that no information has been released on the weapons configuration. I doubt we can get our hands on or make Hellfires, most probably TOW or Bhaktar Shakian I’d guess.

You can't fit TOW or Baktar Shikin on a UCAV!!
For the obvious reason that these weapons are optically and wire tracked who is going to sit on the UCAV to do that!!

For the obvious reason that these weapons are optically and wire tracked who is going to sit on the UCAV to do that!!

You don't need to sit on a UCAV to fly it anymore than you have to sit in it in order to operate its weapons. The Baktar Shakian and TOW IMO are potential systems that might be considered because:
1) These UCAVs certainly won’t have a very high payload.
2) BS and TOW are both available to us in large numbers.

But I don't deny that I could be wrong, this is all speculation.

UQAB is a good indigenous effort but lacks certain critical parameters for an advanced UAV system operations. These shortcomings are;

1. It is NOT autonomous! This is a very critical parameters required to be in UAV's of today in order to relive pressure on the operator.

2. Its optical payload at this stage is a simply day/ low light camera and it lacks the FLIR capability.

3. Its engine is not rated to make it a UCAV and/ or carry weapons under the fuselage or winglets.

4. The said UAV has NOT been flown to its full claimed distance. The maximum distance it has been flown is 20-25 kms. This distance is the same which was flown during the demo to COAS last year!

5. It can only be flown from paved runways and does not have the capability to land on unpaved runways or effectively operate in a Maritime environment!

I believe strongly that our Government agencies lack the ability to maturely develop a capable UAV system and generally they jump the gun in claiming the moon & rubbing in ''Made in Pakistan'' in order to secure funding and try to get orders from local but generally technologically illiterate defense brass!

^^DUPLICATE

Last edited:
You can't fit TOW or Baktar Shikin on a UCAV!!

IAI Harpy anti-radiation UAV
3f974a98f8d8b66d5434759bd9502cea.jpg

sir what do you think about a armed version of UQAB with opticpayload removed and like IAI Harpy, the UAV is basicly turned into cheap SEAD UAV with anti-radiation and 30-35kg high-explosive warhead onboard! this could definitely work in conjunction with more capable SEAD missile like MAR-1 to supress enemy's AD. So we basicly target enemy's AD with somthing like 10 of these "we dont lose much" forcing their SAMs to be turned on while our MAR-1 conducts its business more effectively!

You don't need to sit on a UCAV to fly it anymore than you have to sit in it in order to operate its weapons. The Baktar Shakian and TOW IMO are potential systems that might be considered because:
1) These UCAVs certainly won’t have a very high payload.
2) BS and TOW are both available to us in large numbers.

But I don't deny that I could be wrong, this is all speculation.

Hey buddy, when i said "who is going to sit on the UCAV" it was said as a joke. i very well know that nobody 'sits' on a RPV.

And now as far as your concern regarding the TOW and BS weapon system; they can't be placed on a UCAV,period.

Here are the reasons:
1. These weapons are optically tracked i.e followed visually in flight by the "eye", so as you are sitting on the ground while operating the UCAV you can' exactly do that.
2. These weapons are to be visually tracked in flight because they are not Fire and Forget in a sense that you cant just leave them after they are fired, they need to be tracked through out the trajectory.
3. Then these weapons get their "guidance" from a WIRE that is attached with its launcher and the missile itself. Thats how the command is sent to the missile to change its path in flight. Of course you cant do that while the UCAV (in this case the launcher itself is moving)
4. For a weapon to be fitted on RPV its has to be either satellite guided (receive guidance from the satellite),heat seeker (self explanatory) or laser guided (someone i.e the ground troops should 'illuminate' the target on the ground withe laser guns or something else).
5. Now as these weapons i.e TOW and BS dont have the above mentioned capability therefore they cant be use on a UCAV, moreover they are Anti-Tank weapons.

i hope you understand it now, mate.:tup:

BTW i was playing with these RPVs and UAV since i was a kid :azn:-no that would be exaggerated, but i can say since i was a boy- a young one...;)

Last edited:
do we have any anti radiation uav and which weapon has a capability to destroy specially iav

do we have any anti radiation uav and which weapon has a capability to destroy specially iav
Looks like an over-hyped retro-technology to me. The photo shows that it is propeller-driven, means it is slow. I don't know if you want to take down a radar with a propeller-driven 'missile'. But may be it works, who knows. Some senior may enlighten us on this.

Looks like an over-hyped retro-technology to me. The photo shows that it is propeller-driven, means it is slow. I don't know if you want to take down a radar with a propeller-driven 'missile'. But may be it works, who knows. Some senior may enlighten us on this.

Even the predator and the reaper are both propeller driven, what are you talking about. Propeller driven does not mean it cant carry missiles. The only valid points are raised by epool here.

Back
Top Bottom