What's new

T-Darter BVRAAM - A future weapon of PAF ?

it is good to see that
paf is using 3 types of BVRs
different technology

Cannot understand people's obsession with BVR.
If the stated range is 120km that is for a stationary target when the missile is traveling in a straight line. In real world the actual range and kill probability of BVR is far less than what the manufacturer states.
In Indian MKI fires BVR at JF-17,obviously JF-17 will maneuver,and the missile will have to change direction to compensate,that will bleed energy reducing range and kill probability. In my opinion BVR is least useful after half of stated range.

If the stated range is 120km that is for a stationary target when the missile is traveling in a straight line. In real world the actual range and kill probability of BVR is far less than what the manufacturer states.
In Indian MKI fires BVR at JF-17,obviously JF-17 will maneuver,and the missile will have to change direction to compensate,that will bleed energy reducing range and kill probability. In my opinion BVR is least useful after half of stated range.
Assume missile is fires from a range of 60km (Half the range), at say mach 4 (4900Km/hr) that gives a reaction time of 44.08 seconds to the target aircraft, Even if the aircraft can sustain 9G's maneuvers at it will bleed more energy than the missile which can maneuver at 15 to 18 G and has relative low drag and lift but twice the velocity.

thats why you fire two of them.. one to bleed energy.. one to finish the job. thats why having extra hard mout helps.. thats why making indigenous BVR missile helps !
MKI-Armed-12AAMs.jpg

thats why you fire two of them.. one to bleed energy.. one to finish the job. thats why having extra hard mout helps.. thats why making indigenous BVR missile helps !
MKI-Armed-12AAMs.jpg

RCS of this SU-30 with that mission load-out: billboard.

In my opinion BVR is least useful after half of stated range.

Reading too much of john boyd,ehh?? Well his theories are amazing,but to understand kill probabilities and in fact to understand the whole concept of air combat you need to read this book,however you're expected to know advanced concepts in probability and various density functions.
This is perhaps the best book out there which uses probability to problems of aircraft combat survivability
@Donatello
combat survivability_amar.png

Reading too much of john boyd,ehh?? Well his theories are amazing,but to understand kill probabilities and in fact to understand the whole concept of air combat you need to read this book,however you're expected to know advanced concepts in probability and various density functions.
This is perhaps the best book out there which uses probability to problems of aircraft combat survivability
@Donatello
View attachment 183891

Do you have this book?

No doubt that variety of weapons has its own advantages but indigenous missile program would be the best option for PAF as foreign missiles would always carry the threat of sanctions.
We need to learn from the past.

EVERYONE NEEDS TO LISTEN VERY CAREFULLY, IF AN INDO-PAK WAR HAPPENS AGAIN THE AIR WAR WILL BE FOUGHT WITHIN VISUAL RANGE, AND THIS WHY I THING THAT. IF A PAKISTANI F-16 TAKES OFF FROM KARACHI AND IS GOING TO ATTACK THE HALWARA AIR BASE, BY THE TIME A SU-30 OR ANY OTHER AIRCRAFT INTERCEPTS THE F-16 BOTH AIRCRAFT WILL BE WITHIN VISUAL RANGE. THE DISTANCE BETWEEN PAKISTAN AND INDIA IS TOO CLOSE TO USE BVRM, AND ON TOP OF THAT MANY INDIAN AND PAKISTAN AIR BASES AND CLOSE TO THE BORDER. HOWEVER, IF CHINA AND JAPAN WERE TO HAVE AN AIR WAR, BEYOND VISUAL RANGE MISSILES WOULD BE CRITICAL BECAUSE THE DISTANCE BETWEEN JAPAN AND CHINA IS IDEAL FOR BVRM'S

EVERYONE NEEDS TO LISTEN VERY CAREFULLY, IF AN INDO-PAK WAR HAPPENS AGAIN THE AIR WAR WILL BE FOUGHT WITHIN VISUAL RANGE, AND THIS WHY I THING THAT. IF A PAKISTANI F-16 TAKES OFF FROM KARACHI AND IS GOING TO ATTACK THE HALWARA AIR BASE, BY THE TIME A SU-30 OR ANY OTHER AIRCRAFT INTERCEPTS THE F-16 BOTH AIRCRAFT WILL BE WITHIN VISUAL RANGE. THE DISTANCE BETWEEN PAKISTAN AND INDIA IS TOO CLOSE TO USE BVRM, AND ON TOP OF THAT MANY INDIAN AND PAKISTAN AIR BASES AND CLOSE TO THE BORDER. HOWEVER, IF CHINA AND JAPAN WERE TO HAVE AN AIR WAR, BEYOND VISUAL RANGE MISSILES WOULD BE CRITICAL BECAUSE THE DISTANCE BETWEEN JAPAN AND CHINA IS IDEAL FOR BVRM'S
shut up you don't nothing do some research and than talk, then why both IAF and PAF buying BVR tell me? to put those missiles in showcase:lol::lol::lol::cry::p::p::p::hitwall::blah::blah:

shut up you don't nothing do some research and than talk, then why both IAF and PAF buying BVR tell me? to put those missiles in showcase:lol::lol::lol::cry::p::p::p::hitwall::blah::blah:
OK LETS SUPPOSE EACH AIRCRAFT FIRE THERE BVRM AND BOTH MISSILE MISS THERE TARGET BY THEN BOTH AIRCAFTS WILL BE WITHIN VISUAL RANGE

OK LETS SUPPOSE EACH AIRCRAFT FIRE THERE BVRM AND BOTH MISSILE MISS THERE TARGET BY THEN BOTH AIRCAFTS WILL BE WITHIN VISUAL RANGE
you stupid:hitwall:, you forget that both side have AWACS and ground radars which is easily guide those BVR to it's target:p:

you have a point
you stupid:hitwall:, you forget that both side have AWACS and ground radars which is easily guide those BVR to it's target:p:
you stupid:hitwall: each side also has counter measures against bvrm's

Back
Top Bottom