What's new

T-Darter BVRAAM - A future weapon of PAF ?

OK LETS SUPPOSE EACH AIRCRAFT FIRE THERE BVRM AND BOTH MISSILE MISS THERE TARGET BY THEN BOTH AIRCAFTS WILL BE WITHIN VISUAL RANGE

R-77 and MICA don't miss

Neither does AIM-120C-5

Both sides will use BVR

We have better radars and better AEWS so we have advantage

are you dumb or something all of the aircraft in the iaf have high RCS they will pop up on our radars as soon as they take off. the su30 has a huge disadvantage due to its size, the size makes it easier to be spot on radars. a block 52 16 may shoot down a su30 before the su30 knows what hit it

are you dumb or something all of the aircraft in the iaf have high RCS they will pop up on our radars as soon as they take off. the su30 has a huge disadvantage due to its size, the size makes it easier to be spot on radars. a block 52 16 may shoot down a su30 before the su30 knows what hit it
yes you are right but what about MIG-29 and MIRAGE 2000, they have less RCS as to compare SU-30MKI:p::p::p:

Wow...it has become IAF vs PAF, Su-30 vs F16 again!

Can someone please give me a link to read about T-Darter? Something substantial not Wikipedia kind of stuff.

the missile called "T-Darter" does not exist, nor its in development.
There is a SAM called Marlin is being developed by Denel. Testing would start from this year.
Denel also proposed a BVR AAM of Marlin, which is this.

At the moment South Africa is seeking a partner to reduce risk on the project and elevate it to a full-scale joint development programme. “With that, comes skills growth and industry job opportunity for both parties,” Denel said. “The outcome of collaboration on Marlin will be a Beyond Visual Range (BVR) missile for the two Air Forces and an All-Weather Surface-to-Air Missile (SAM) for the two Navies and Armies.”

Currently that partner is probably Brazil. Pakistan could get a piece of action if its willing to invest in the money.
denelmarlin.jpg

Cannot understand people's obsession with BVR.
If the stated range is 120km that is for a stationary target when the missile is traveling in a straight line. In real world the actual range and kill probability of BVR is far less than what the manufacturer states.
In Indian MKI fires BVR at JF-17,obviously JF-17 will maneuver,and the missile will have to change direction to compensate,that will bleed energy reducing range and kill probability. In my opinion BVR is least useful after half of stated range.

that's why most kills are still with IR short range missiles.
they have the higher probability of intercept and kill.

so you mean if war begin between IN and PK InAF will use SU-30 MKI to attack PK and other asset don't used, what child's thinking:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::lol::lol::lol:
im not saying that... the f16 is equal to the mirage and mig

the missile called "T-Darter" does not exist, nor its in development.
There is a SAM called Marlin is being developed by Denel. Testing would start from this year.
Denel also proposed a BVR AAM of Marlin, which is this.

At the moment South Africa is seeking a partner to reduce risk on the project and elevate it to a full-scale joint development programme. “With that, comes skills growth and industry job opportunity for both parties,” Denel said. “The outcome of collaboration on Marlin will be a Beyond Visual Range (BVR) missile for the two Air Forces and an All-Weather Surface-to-Air Missile (SAM) for the two Navies and Armies.”

Currently that partner is probably Brazil. Pakistan could get a piece of action if its willing to invest in the money.
denelmarlin.jpg

Did Denel give any proposed specs, parameters etc? Like what they have in mind? Which class it will belong to? From the image appears an Active BVR in the class of AIM-120 and R-77. But that would be just my imagination.

Personally I think Pakistan should jump in. This could arm our JF-17s in future. We might get some share if it can find some exports. The technical knowhow of developing a BVR will be invaluable itself.

Did Denel give any proposed specs, parameters etc? Like what they have in mind? Which class it will belong to? From the image appears an Active BVR in the class of AIM-120 and R-77. But that would be just my imagination.

Personally I think Pakistan should jump in. This could arm our JF-17s in future. We might get some share if it can find some exports. The technical knowhow of developing a BVR will be invaluable itself.

SAM Marlin has a range of 100km.
So its safe to say the BVR version will probably have the same range, if not more.

And yes it is radar guided missile.

Back
Top Bottom