What's new

T-129 Atak & Turkish Attack Helicopter Programs

02 May 2019: Temel KOTİL; Atak-II will need a new engine and so 3000shp turboshaft engine will be developed indigenously. Atak-2 will have two engine 3000 x 2 : 6000 shp.

01 Feb 2020: Temel KOTİL; “We have 3 years left for the first flight of our Atak 2 heavy class attack helicopter, after which we will finish the test and deliver it.”

If you're quoting me; no, I did not resist, I just shared my opinion but it looks like you're the one who's resisting instead...
Take a good look at the design of the Heavy Class.

Then take a look at the design of the T-629
atak-2-urun-gorseli.png

atak-2-jpg.625939

As you can see, the 12 ton H.C.Attack heli has an wider and more angular shaped body. It also has an 30 mm canon + wider sensor payload and a 3rd weapon station at the edges of its wings. The Heavy class is almost the double size of the T-629. I agree that they look similar but they are completely different at the same time.

Look at the timeline. From the start of this project, TAI and SSB were both saying that it was an attack heli with the transmission and engine of T-625. If they were developing an armed version of the T-625, instead of giving it a new name, they would've just shared it already. If they were just arming the T-625 for all of these times, they wouldn't say that it was just using the transmission and the engine of the T-625 from the start.

url
It is unclear exactly what design the T629 will come with. The armed modeled variant of Gökbey can be deolabled. The T129 can come partially by changing its design. In addition, this design was previously published for the 10-ton Heavy Class Attack Helicopter project.

Every talk of Temel Kotil is a soup. It's best to wait and see.

Last edited:
02 May 2019: Temel KOTİL; Atak-II will need a new engine and so 3000shp turboshaft engine will be developed indigenously. Atak-2 will have two engine 3000 x 2 : 6000 shp.

01 Feb 2020: Temel KOTİL; “We have 3 years left for the first flight of our Atak 2 heavy class attack helicopter, after which we will finish the test and deliver it.”

3000 Hp wow what a power bro. So we can say in the long period we can see Agusta Westland AW101 like chopper from tai. I cant be say same for aircrafts but tai will be future's eurocopter.

It is unclear exactly what design the T629 will come with. The armed modeled variant of Gökbey can be deolabled. The T129 can come partially by changing its design. In addition, this design was previously published for the 10-ton Heavy Class Attack Helicopter project.

Every talk of Temel Kotil is a soup. It's best to wait and see.
If he had argued with me in a respectful way like how you're doing, I would be okay with discussing it. But instead he resists and blames me with bulshitting instead of showing proof.
Anyway, let's wait and see what it will turn out to be...

Bro's what a you think about Alpagu blok-2 on Atak's or attack helicopters ?

alpagu2_3.jpg

Last blok 2's can carry 5 kg warhead (cirits can carry 3 kg) and alpagu blok 2 range is 10 km . Big probaply it can be incrase when launched from air platform. He can be fly around 10-20 minute.

8x Umtas + 8x alpagu blok 2 will be great payload for our attacks.

Just send alpagu's from 10-15 km far from operation area. Destroy manpads and air defence units with alpagu and after that go and destroy heavy armors with umtas missiles.

Bro's what a you think about Alpagu blok-2 on Atak's or attack helicopters ?

alpagu2_3.jpg

Last blok 2's can carry 5 kg warhead (cirits can carry 3 kg) and alpagu blok 2 range is 10 km . Big probaply it can be incrase when launched from air platform. He can be fly around 10-20 minute.

8x Umtas + 8x alpagu blok 2 will be great payload for our attacks.

Just send alpagu's from 10-15 km far from operation area. Destroy manpads and air defence units with alpagu and after that go and destroy heavy armors with umtas missiles.
Instead of putting anti-tank missiles on them, we can put manpads too... Imagine what would those bad boys do to Greece's Kiowas in the Aegean... :flame::suicide:

It should also be noted that some of the recent developments in Turkish economy might stall several of these projects. I think T625 (and maybe the 10 tonnes utility helicopter project if TEI can broaden their product offerings) will be realized since it has wide range of applications and can be exported for civilian purposes as well, but I highly doubt we would see a new Turkish attack helicopter design in a foreseeable future. This can also be applied for other ambitious aviation projects as well.

I remember Arda Mevlütoğlu saying that Sweden, despite employing around 5000 engineers in her defence industry, generated twice as much revenue as Turkey generated, while the later employing 30000 engineers. It is very crucial to capitalize on the technology our defence industry constitute in civilian sectors (and be efficient while doing that), since civilian applications are far more profitable compared to military products.

Last edited:
It should also be noted that due to some of the recent developments in Turkish economy might stall several of these projects. I think T625 (and maybe the 10 tonnes utility helicopter project if TEI can broaden their product offerings) will be realized since it has wide range of applications and can be exported for civilian purposes as well, but I highly doubt we would see a new Turkish attack helicopter design in a foreseeable future. This can also be applied for other ambitious aviation projects as well.

I remember Arda Mevlütoğlu saying that Sweden, despite employing around 5000 engineers in her defence industry, generated twice as much revenue as Turkey generated, while the later employing 30000 engineers. It is very crucial to capitalize on the technology our defence industry constitute in civilian sectors (and be efficient while doing that), since civilian applications are far more profitable compared to military products.

Both military and civilian projects can be highly profitable but we need to export. Domestic demand is not enough to make a profit. But we have a dilemma our products generally heavy or expensive than competitors so TUSAS find a balance between sale and price tag. T129 ATAK export to Pakistan could break the chain but it hasn't happened yet. Maybe next sale can be more effective about profit range.

Temel kotil said, There is no engine project started for Atak2 project as of yet, in his most recent interview.

Temel kotil said, There is no engine project started for Atak2 project as of yet, in his most recent interview.

Didn't he say that TEI was going to double the horsepower to 3000hp for the engine. I assumed that would be the engine for Atak 2 and maybe even the heavy lift helicopter?

Edit: At the 34 minute mark he is saying that Atak 2 prototypes will use foreign engines, but TEI will work on increasing 1600hp engine to 3000hp engine for Atak 2.

Last edited:
It seems you don’t think on MMR. You want to replace it by an AESA radar?

It seems you don’t think on MMR. You want to replace it by an AESA radar?
It's just a simple crappy model. If so, in the Paris Airshow, we saw models with the 20mm three barrel guns instead of 30mm single barrel gun too; but that doesn't mean the 12t H.Class heli will have a 20mm gun instead of 30mm.

It's just a simple crappy model. If so, in the Paris Airshow, we saw models with the 20mm three barrel guns instead of 30mm single barrel gun too; but that doesn't mean the 12t H.Class heli will have a 20mm gun instead of 30mm.

Question is stii unanswered. Will it has MMR or not.

Back
Top Bottom