What's new

T-129 Atak & Turkish Attack Helicopter Programs

This is not something between us and America. Pakistani users sometimes think of feel himself Norwegian in this forum. We can buy engines for our own helicopter, all kinds of projects are running smoothly. Pakistanis, they can not even deliver the helicopters already paid the money but not being the cause of Turkey's T129 engine supply for themselves - they think the American relationship problems.

I don’t know what the purpose of this comment is (or even what it is saying, mostly).

The Pakistanis know that they are under an American embargo. That is precisely why they are buying from us. Otherwise they would have just bought Apaches just like Tunisia, morocco, philippines and what not. We promised to deliver them helicopters, the agreement was not “we’ll give you helicopters without engine but you find and put an engine in them”. And now we are unable to deliver on that promise.

Pakistan did us a favor bu buying from an inexperienced supplier (for such large sales) once. They did us another favor by extending the deadline for the delivery of the helicopters. So what are you complaining about now?

I don’t know what the purpose of this comment is (or even what it is saying, mostly).

The Pakistanis know that they are under an American embargo. That is precisely why they are buying from us. Otherwise they would have just bought Apaches just like Tunisia, morocco, philippines and what not. We promised to deliver them helicopters, the agreement was not “we’ll give you helicopters without engine but you find and put an engine in them”. And now we are unable to deliver on that promise.

Pakistan did us a favor bu buying from an inexperienced supplier (for such large sales) once. They did us another favor by extending the deadline for the delivery of the helicopters. So what are you complaining about now?

Pakistanis opened a tender to meet the need for a light class. They did not have any options other than Chinese and Turkish, which are suitable for the requirements in this class and price segment. As a result, they also tried the Chinese and did not like it. If they had the chance to choose 100 different helicopters, stop standing as if they had chosen us.

We received the project worth over €1 billion from Pakistan despite all kinds of negative attempts by the Americans and this also paved the way for the Helicopter (T129B ATAK) Project.”

T-129B ? What is that ? A variant with indigenous engine ?

Heavy class attack helicopter
6D4EF013-7798-48F2-ABB0-5430D2DC19F8.jpeg

After China and Russia, the State Department and Pentagon see Turkey as competitor.
It has nothing to do with that. The engine is the American manufacturer's patented product and technology, Turkey or another country has no right or license to dress it onto a craft and sell it themselves. If Pakistan wants to buy it, she'll buy it from Americans.

They won't care if Turkey manufactures her own engines and sells.

As for seeing a Turkey competitor, I don't think the US (or China and Russia) worry about a would-be competitor who can't yet design her own jet engine. No offense, but Turkey (even Pakistan) aren't in the same league with the US (or even China, Russia, France etc). US is the peak and industry standard when it comes to innovation, technology, design, manufacturing, and cost.

It has nothing to do with that. The engine is the American manufacturer's patented product and technology, Turkey or another country has no right or license to dress it onto a craft and sell it themselves. If Pakistan wants to buy it, she'll buy it from Americans.

They won't care if Turkey manufactures her own engines and sells.

As for seeing a Turkey competitor, I don't think the US (or China and Russia) worry about a would-be competitor who can't yet design her own jet engine. No offense, but Turkey (even Pakistan) aren't in the same league with the US (or even China, Russia, France etc). US is the peak and industry standard when it comes to innovation, technology, design, manufacturing, and cost.

as long as turkey gets their engines from US turkey cant sell one single jet if the US does not give their approval

Hello! No new news as of yet? Engines? Sales?

Really worried about how quiet specifically we here in the ph has been with regards to the Atak.

Hello! No new news as of yet? Engines? Sales?

Really worried about how quiet specifically we here in the ph has been with regards to the Atak.

I share your worries, seeing as how worried I feel on behalf of southeast asian countries over Chinas growing military activities in the region.

I haven't seen any new activity/updates on maxdefense either. So all I can hope for is that Turkey will be on time with a domestically developed engine and tested it.

I think Philippines and Pakistan would benefit more from each new deal with Turkey, than they would from the US, China and Russia. The only thing we can't compete with is the "bodyguard" bonus the US can give.

So it's either grow stronger slowly by being patient and accept the unfair treatement from the "west" (US etc.), or take the chance and cut the ties. I think the first choice would be best for Philippines. I hope Duterte builds small military base or such on the spratley islands you claim as yours.

Yeah. I just hope the ATAK deal pushes through as I firmly believe that it is the better "fit" for us in the Philippines.

I have been hearing reports that the ATAK deal has been superseded by a Russian offer of Mi-28. But should be taken with a grain of salt here in the Philippines.

Anyone can help me with the status of the ATAK deal for the PH?

Thank you!!

Also, is there a way to chat via pm?

Last edited:
There was a lot of discussion in the forum, although I am opposition, I think I now agree. The T129 and T625 mix using the T629 T625 infrastructure will be a light attack helicopter, most likely all sensors and subsystems will be integrated, feedback from the user has been evaluated. However, some people in the forum were confused because they insisted on sharing the Atak 2 graphic as T629, there is still no image for T629 in the open source.

C4 Defence interview with TAI CEO Temel Kotil.

I recommend it he answers to many projects from Hürjet over ATAK2 to Satellites.

Last edited:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom