What's new

T-129 Atak & Turkish Attack Helicopter Programs

I haven't paid much attention to ATAK II cockpit separation, but it seems both gunner and pilot will be in their own isolated protective cells - like apache and Mi-28

Untitled-3.png

Ohh ok I see what you're talking about.
Hey maybe it's just that the picture is different from actual prototype.

Could be. If they are designing a platform which is going to be heavier than it's predecessor, they should opt to increase protection for the crew. Cockpit separation is ideal as was observed with AH-64, they had a case where the gunner was wounded but none of the rounds managed to enter the pilot's cockpit due to added layer bulletproof plexi separating cockpits.
Army_Air_Corps_Pilot_in_the_Cockpit_of_an_Apache_Helicopter_MOD_45153321.jpg

Hm... wouldn't Turkey be able to lend atak to Philippines on trial basis 6 pieces for like 2-3 years at cost only. Give PAF chance to get to know it better and close a need on short term much cheaper.

What i was thinking is maybe Turkey can take one for teh team and give off their newly made units to Pakistan and the Philippines. Maybe 20 for Pakistan and 6 for the Philippines, then hold off until TS1400 can get online.

What i was thinking is maybe Turkey can take one for teh team and give off their newly made units to Pakistan and the Philippines. Maybe 20 for Pakistan and 6 for the Philippines, then hold off until TS1400 can get online.
Wouldn't work since we don't have an export licens we'd be embargoed for all other atak that haven't been produced. But noone can claim sale if we use them for training purpose, or use them as temporary lending even a 1 year lending can be extended indefinitely.
We'd have a military atache present to make it look more reliable.

Training missions are another way of conducting missions, but are not necessarily reported to anyone, but closest commanders.

Maybe. just speculating. What I can think of is, Turkey should "Take one for the team" for now. Or if they can loan the units out, then until the TS1400 gets online, we can "return" the units, then those go back to Turkey, and then new build ones will go to the customers, with the loan fee paying for said usage.

Dunno. Just brainstorming.

it would be possible with if US agreed to sale but not comply it within specific schedule. our problem is that US wont allow its engines sale to 3rd parties. so leasing the heli for 3rd parties is not an option.

it would be possible with if US agreed to sale but not comply it within specific schedule. our problem is that US wont allow its engines sale to 3rd parties. so leasing the heli for 3rd parties is not an option.
We are not talking about selling, but lend to Philippines for 1 year and extend that. That way it's still purs but Philippines will have it for testing.

Yani futbolcu kiralar gibi olacak

Back
Top Bottom