What's new

T-129 Atak & Turkish Attack Helicopter Programs

You know the engine isn't the only foreign component we are having issues with licensing, right? All efforts should be extended into developing T629. Scrap T-129 exports, offer T629 instead with favourable offsets to the buyer.

Yes, I know that problem. But engine issue is commonly known by the community.
If we want to export T129 without any restriction we need to domesticate it with all crucial components. At least we need to find a second producer for them. We can replace some sub-components easily but engine and gearbox are part of the big portion and needs recertification.

T629 will be the soft solution, but we need to domesticated T129 as well.

Yes, I know that problem. But engine issue is commonly known by the community.
If we want to export T129 without any restriction we need to domesticate it with all crucial components. At least we need to find a second producer for them. We can replace some sub-components easily but engine and gearbox are part of the big portion and needs recertification.

T629 will be the soft solution, but we need to domesticated T129 as well.

I'm not sure how much control Turkey has over the T-129, there might be certain terms that forbid suppliers of sub-components from being pushed aside... Why T-629 is being developed, it will be basically a domestically develop T-129, while also removing some of the flaws that T-129 has

TUSAS-APP-4.jpg

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tusas.tusasuygulamapp&hl=en_US

which one is this? I am getting confused. So what is the official designation? T-130? or T-629? Or are these the same chopper?

which one is this? I am getting confused. So what is the official designation? T-130? or T-629? Or are these the same chopper?
T629 is going to be a new helicopter. I would say atak 129 is still a good choice. Now that we have it er need to domesticate the remaining parts.

My aswer to those who says offer a different helicopter. That would be a very arrogant move seeing as we don’t even have a 100% domestic helicopter. Atak129 is not 100% domestic. American engine and what not.

Stick to the deal and deliver!

T129 as you know the attack helicopter which producing under the agreement with old Agusta Westland cooperation.
T625 or GOKBEY is a multipurpose helicopter comparable with UH-1 series
T629 is the light attack version of T625 GOKBEY

T129 as you know the attack helicopter which producing under the agreement with old Agusta Westland cooperation.
T625 or GOKBEY is a multipurpose helicopter comparable with UH-1 series
T629 is the light attack version of T625 GOKBEY
@Bilal Khan (Quwa) I thojght we established T625 was Gokbey
And T629 was essentially Atak 2.0. I am confused all over again.

Back
Top Bottom