What's new

T-129 Atak & Turkish Attack Helicopter Programs

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) I thojght we established T625 was Gokbey
And T629 was essentially Atak 2.0. I am confused all over again.
We thought T629 was the T129 with the same engine, rotor and transmission as the T625. But it's starting to seem like the T629 is the T625 re-worked into a tandem seat attack helicopter. So, basically, Turkey could be doing what India had done by developing the Dhruv into the LCH.

Still, the T629 will have a MTOW of 6 tons, so it's payload will be comparable to the T129 and LCH. The hot-and-high performance will be a question mark, we won't know until we test it in Pakistan. Otherwise, you benefit from a lower acquisition (leveraging the basic airframe of the T625 and its engines et. al) and operating cost.

If the performance matches up, the downside is the chubbier looks. But that's what you'll get if you closely derive it from a commercial utility platform. Otherwise, it'd be a solid attack heli.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/67/LCH_TD2.jpg

so are we still looking at two other attack choppers from Turkey? Or are the Renders of an apache-class attack chopper exactly this T-629?

I still believe in the ATAK and that Turkey should still heavily invest in it-other countries are also looking into it, and once turkey frees itself from foreign parts and the ATAK(ITAR free) takes off well, it will be a hit. It seems to perform very close to the AH-64d/e, as well as the AH-1Z, but a cheaper price point.

EYFRmB5WkAcK31C

@cabatli_53 Why would they do this to beautiful ATAK-II ! lol

Bro, That is an unmatured design image. It is something like some amateurs designed this on sketch up and put it in Tusaş application for the Atak-2. The official Atak-2 is the one introduced on TAI webpage.

I'm giving application a 1-star because of this! :cheesy:

so are we still looking at two other attack choppers from Turkey? Or are the Renders of an apache-class attack chopper exactly this T-629?

I still believe in the ATAK and that Turkey should still heavily invest in it-other countries are also looking into it, and once turkey frees itself from foreign parts and the ATAK(ITAR free) takes off well, it will be a hit. It seems to perform very close to the AH-64d/e, as well as the AH-1Z, but a cheaper price point.

Currently, it is like this;
  • T-129 / ATAK-I : 6ton class - co-developed with AgustaWestland based on A-129INT - In production
  • T-629 / N/A : 6ton class - TAI developed based on T-625/Gokbey - In development
  • N/A / ATAK-II : 10ton class - TAI developed - In development

Last edited:
in 26:00 T-629 İtar Free T-129 Atak/ Atak 2 is Revealed by temel kotil.

OrGoZ4.jpg

I hope it would be like that .

Also there is new Heavy Class Attack Helicopter.

Opera-Anl-k-G-r-nt-2020-05-17-184153-sadfor-savtera-org.png

What details did he give?
We have heavy attack helicopter project. we changed he's design he is more better than now.

Also we have own atak project he will fly in this year, as you know atak is a licenced product in the base etc.

Since the armor and survivability capabilities of the helicopter were improved, the design change was inevitable in the heavy class attack helicopter.

What does he say about Pakistan??
Biz America bekliyoruz
So he is still waiting for America??
in 26:00 T-629 İtar Free T-129 Atak/ Atak 2 is Revealed by temel kotil.

OrGoZ4.jpg

I hope it would be like that .

Also there is new Heavy Class Attack Helicopter.

Opera-Anl-k-G-r-nt-2020-05-17-184153-sadfor-savtera-org.png

Back
Top Bottom