What's new

Syrian Airdefences shot down Turkish plane

I am against and hate wars. But in this incident shooting down a warplane is a serious hostility and an appropriate response must be given to Syria.

hello_10
no russia just need to lunch 1 ICBM (like TOPOL M) to the istanbul then half of the money of turkey will go with the winds because they earn alot from tourism so if turkey go in a war with russia noone will go there ...

Turkey and Arab nations don't understand that it will be only they who will have to fight, if the war escalates further. even Russia will have to first roll over Georgia and then put tanks on the Turkish border, in the worst case. but as I said before, "a War is fought on the ground." NATO can do nothing, they can't even fund a large scale war, their economy not good, nor even they can afford to put more than 1-2 AC, if they may gather courage, which wont worth for 2-3 4th gen aircrafts.......... :wave:

Turkey would better forget the things like a bad dream and from now onward, they would learn that if they will keep sending terrorists in Syria, they will keep losing their aircrafts like this one by one :tup:

so obviously was the turkish pilots fault
The Syrian version does not sound reliable at all:

1) That badly damaged very low and fast flying jet made a turn and flew another 10 km backwards.

2) Why would a Turkish plane actually do that? Training? No one does trainings near other country's borders. If it was on recon/patrol mission, then there is no any sense to fly very low.

Lets wait for Turkish version.

hello_10
no russia just need to lunch 1 ICBM (like TOPOL M) to the istanbul then half of the money of turkey will go with the winds because they earn alot from tourism so if turkey go in a war with russia noone will go there ...

Yeah, why go to war when you can kill hundreds of thousands civilian people (or perhaps millions?), and destroy worlds most beautiful city with a single rocket?

And you call yourself a Muslim?

Any Turkish guy against military action expect for me and TurAr? I really wonder.

I am not for war, it's horrible and the situation along our borders are not favourable.

However I see this as a Divine present by Allah to test out our Umtas, Cirit, SOM and other new tech we've developed. I'd most definitely want to see the entire AA, SAM installations of Syria used as test subject for the missiles, of course the target should be close to turkish - syrian border so it would be an appropriate respons, I guess taking out any SAM installation in a radius of 100 km wouldn't be bad (along our 900 km border with syria).

Yeah, why go to war when you can kill hundreds of thousands civilian people (or perhaps millions?), and destroy worlds most beautiful city with a single rocket?

And you call yourself a Muslim?

first of all we imagined that we are in war game so we should ignore our religion and to put ourselves in the place of other countries, Russia may do that , but even they do not need that because they have a good classic army , and as a matter of fact it's a missile not a rocket :)

and in a war you can't tell the oponent to use what kind of weapon...

hile T80 tanks :)

Turkey cannot go to war alone and if NATO interfere then Russians are already in Syria.

Israel should stay out whatever happens.

Please think of the neighboring countries too before going to war.

Russia and USA are very far off. It is the middle east which will suffer.

When did China crush the Philipines? From what I've heard we rescued them in their last war, at the same time we were rescuing China (from the Japanese)
China just grabbed Scarborough Shoal from the Philippines like candy from a baby. USA encouraged the Philippines to confront China but when China responded with physical might USA backed off right away. USA never rescued China. China killed far more Japanese soldiers than USA ever did.

true but its look like, its Georgia again :agree:. as, if the war escalates then Russian tanks would cross Georgia within just 3-4 hours, with 40km/hour speed to Turkey border. there is hardly 120kn to 130km distance in between Russian and Turkey border, through Georgia? :undecided:

and, if Turkey will have to defend itself then it will be only Turkey who will have to fight, not NATO. its true that entering in others border is hard, for Turkish and Syrian forces both but once Russian tanks and Russian air force will have crossed Georgia and take a strike on Turkey, it will be mainly Iranian military who will invade Turkey, together with Surian army. Russian role would be just to make it easy..........

we do lose aircrafts and sometimes military personnel also but it is wise for Turkey to forget if something like this happened or may again happen in future :wave:. as, it will be definitely very hard for EU+US to send their troops to that region and then fight but it won't be that hard for Russia+Syria+Iran to invade Turkey with combined efforts, once russian tanks reach Turkey's border with straight 40km/hour speed through Georgia. a NATO's AC would hardly be worth for one SU30/Su27 once it come close but a war is fought on ground, and it will be only the Turkey's military who will face all the consequences once they will be attacked from 3 sides.........

map_of_georgia.jpg

Very nice post. :tup: I was about to post something like this.

Turkey should stop sending terrorists in Syria. It has nothing to gain and everything to lose by sucking up to fascist and terrorist Al-Qaeda Arabs this way. Ottoman empire was destroyed by Arabs in leadership of Sharif Hussain I, the likes of terrorist FSA. I hope Turkey learns from their history.

well as it is said that it was Inside the airspace of Syria it has the right to shoot it down
Turkey cannot response now, there is bloodshed in the country Syria government or Syria didn't as k for a war

lets see i am hoping to know the ans. why was turkey air force inside the Syria airspace

A harsh and critical message from the President of Turkiye

Here are Highlights from Gul's statements;

*Covering up such a thing is not possible, whatever needed will be done...

*Due to the speed of warplanes, violations sometimes may happen...

*We did not make a clear statement because the consequences would be heavy...

*A Telephone call made after Syria shot down the aircraft.

http://www.aktifhaber.com/gulden-sert-ve-kritik-aciklama-622206h.htm

May Allah help my country on this problem (amin)

The Syrian version does not sound reliable at all:

1) That badly damaged very low and fast flying jet made a turn and flew another 10 km backwards.

2) Why would a Turkish plane actually do that? Training? No one does trainings near other country's borders. If it was on recon/patrol mission, then there is no any sense to fly very low.

Lets wait for Turkish version.

I think they also claimed to have shot it down with anti-aircraft artillery rather than a SAM, shooting down a very low, very fast jet, even one as old as an F4 with AAA is not easy. It's possible, just not very easy.

attack on syria means=attack on Iran
turkey must be smart and becareful.its not a childish game.it will be a super war in ME.

attack on syria means=attack on Iran
turkey must be smart and becareful.its not a childish game.it will be a super war in ME.
Iran must be smart and stay out of this.
I think they also claimed to have shot it down with anti-aircraft artillery rather than a SAM, shooting down a very low, very fast jet, even one as old as an F4 with AAA is not easy. It's possible, just not very easy.
I don't think this applies when the aircraft is flying over sea in the open.

Back
Top Bottom