What's new

subramanian swamy as possible vice-head of jnu

There will be balance. What is being considered is regrettable precisely for that reason, it is not balanced. It is extreme. Two extremes do not cancel each other out and create a calm, tranquil environment, which is what academe needs, most. They create violent swings from side to side. Swamy may prevail, if he is selected and accepts; for how long? Is it anybody's argument that this social movement to the right is inevitable, more than that, irreversible? When it reverses, what happens? We get a Communist version of Swamy?

Yay.

Completely agree but the problem is the 'perceived' wrongs done to the national narrative for some and the mainstream space being hogged by the so called JNU types. Interestingly yesterday at our office my senior who so happens to be Christian was discussing about some Hindu practices etc (today being bakrid holiday had set in the holiday mood and work was sidelined by afternoon itself :p:) and it naturally moved to archeology ancient themes etc finally everybody was in confusion how to prove the anitquity of Ramayana and Mahabharata. I mean it was so hollow discourse but what made me think is how these things are slowly moving into mainstream.

Luckily sane voices prevailed and me and another guy was asking is it important that farmer deaths are found solution for or this 'pressing' need.

This anecdote is not to sound intellectual but the discourses in public now a days other than ISIS ofcourse. Rather like a grand finale our newbie joinee who is from a remote village and accountant said something which made everybody shutup ofcourse 'he said sir do Ramayana and Mahabharata are so weak that they need some proof' i was like man u clinched it.

Back
Top Bottom