What's new

Su-30MKI - Super Sukhoi Upgrade Program.

Last I heard was - IAF was not impressed with the Aesa option given for the upgrade. Not sure far this is true. May be IAF is waiting for T-50 to get operational and ask for this radar.

There was no such problem. And Super Sukhoi will have PAK FA technologies.

There was no such problem. And Super Sukhoi will have PAK FA technologies.
OK, My understanding was all other components like engine, self protection suite etc are available for upgrade but only radar was the missing piece. I also heard that IAF was looking at other options for radar ( may be 2052 etc). So as per your understanding whats stopping this deal to move forward. are they waiting for all the MKIs to be manufatured before thinking of upgrade?
tx

Russia offered AESA in MIG 35 as AESA was a must have for every MMRCA contender . They are sill in testing stage only . We have to wait more . The pace of ground based radar development in Russia is not happening with Fighter AESA .

OK, My understanding was all other components like engine, self protection suite etc are available for upgrade but only radar was the missing piece. I also heard that IAF was looking at other options for radar ( may be 2052 etc).

Russia offered AESA in MIG 35 as AESA was a must have for every MMRCA contender . They are sill in testing stage only . We have to wait more . The pace of ground based radar development in Russia is not happening with Fighter AESA .

NIIP Tikhomirov will supply the MKI's radar. The Mig-35 radar from Phazatron was speculation. And the MKI won't carry a radar from a different country. Radar was never the missing piece, but the radar technology that will be used is still in doubt, whether we will use the first generation AESA that will come with PAK FA Stage 1 or the second generation radar that will come with PAK FA Stage 2.

The second generation radar is many, many times superior to the first generation. The first gen is a simple radar that you can find in other aircraft today, including the F-22/35, Rafale etc. The second generation radar will be able to map an enemy pilot's face from 500Km away. It can see through the F-22's body and look at the type of weapons it is carrying, it can see through buildings and count the number of people inside it etc.

However what is in question is the type of engine upgrade. We don't know if it will use the same engines, same engines with uprated thrust (most likely) or a brand new engine like the 117S.

So as per your understanding whats stopping this deal to move forward. are they waiting for all the MKIs to be manufatured before thinking of upgrade?
tx

The deal is under negotiations stage. They were still deciding the final configuration as of last year. First flight of the Super Sukhoi is expected in 2020.

The upgrade will be in phases. 50 aircraft will be upgraded in the first phase. I suppose new technologies will be added as the upgrades continue. So the Super MKI will probably see the first and second generation radars eventually.

Last I heard was - IAF was not impressed with the Aesa option given for the upgrade. Not sure far this is true. May be IAF is waiting for T-50 to get operational and ask for this radar.
actually thing is there are three groups in IAF or say three voices /view points in IAF on the issue of upgrades/MLU of Su-30 MKI

1.first group wants 5th gen russian radar and engine + some french and israeli avionics and weapons

2.wants all Israeli package (El2052+AESA based combined EW-ECM suite like Spectra)+ russian engine

3.wants an Indian AESA radar with some Israeli and French package + russian engine

while the MOD wants "the best" of all the above three but at a "better price" than what they are currently offerred :D

and thats why i said beerbal ki khichrri and this attitude is when they(beurocrats) know there is no possibillty of "chai pani" ;)

The second generation radar is many, many times superior to the first generation. The first gen is a simple radar that you can find in other aircraft today, including the F-22/35, Rafale etc. The second generation radar will be able to map an enemy pilot's face from 500Km away. It can see through the F-22's body and look at the type of weapons it is carrying, it can see through buildings and count the number of people inside it etc.

:o:bhai ji ye kuch jyada hi hogaya :D

Losing sleep over Super Sukhoi is unnecessary. MLU won't come till 2020. Plenty of options will be available by then including plethora of tech developed for PAKFA.

It's a brand new radar technology. It will replace current radar with an electronic eye that acts like a human eye and will have x-ray vision also. Basically Superman's eyes. Oh, did I mention it will be able to shoot down aircraft and missiles also? I'm not joking.

It's a brand new radar technology. It will replace current radar with an electronic eye that acts like a human eye and will have x-ray vision also. Basically Superman's eyes. Oh, did I mention it will be able to shoot down aircraft and missiles also? I'm not joking.
He he he Bhai ji you are funny :D

but even if there is any such tech be rest assured russians are not going to sell it to us and they will only be ready to sell us there gen1 AESA as we are not Pakistan whome russians are going to sell there latest weapons :D

He he he Bhai ji you are funny :D

but even if there is any such tech be rest assured russians are not going to sell it to us and they will only be ready to sell us there gen1 AESA as we are not Pakistan whome russians are going to sell there latest weapons :D

This radar is available to India.

http://rbth.com/defence/2016/01/21/...ighter-can-detect-any-stealth-aircraft_561275

https://www.rt.com/news/321712-radio-photonic-radar-russia/

As being discussed in that other thread, i hope you have some actually reason for these posts?

Radar that will destroy missiles and aircraft!!
o_O

This radar is available to India.
ya ya just like full TOT russians agreed to give for T90 Tanks :D

any way truth of pudding is in eating it and im sure russians have linked this upgrade to three frigades rusting in one of there shipyards and a huge order of PAKFA that too as russians want anyway ... cheers mate :cheers: :tup:

ya ya just like full TOT russians agreed to give for T90 Tanks :D

They won't give us design ToT, but they will give us manufacturing ToT.

All countries are running research programs for this type of radar, it's the next level.

any way truth of pudding is in eating it and im sure russians have linked this upgrade to three frigades rusting in one of there shipyards and a huge order of PAKFA that too as russians want anyway ... cheers mate :cheers: :tup:

We plan on building multitudes of Russian frigates in India, with Reliance for now. We are short of 25+ frigates and we are building only 7.

And the phase I order for FGFA is 154. There is a possibility of ordering 60 older PAK FAs or even the next stage Russian versions. Overall numbers will cross 350.

Radar that will destroy missiles and aircraft!!
o_O

That's a technology called HPM or High-Powered Microwave. Radars can generate enough power to actually destroy stuff. The problem is aircraft couldn't carry or generate enough power in the past, but that's changed now.

This is one such weapon.
http://defense-update.com/20150516_champ.html

Basically, this new radar won't have just 1000 or 2000 T/R modules, it will carry thousands of modules. So such radars will be able to generate a lot of energy.

And power will come from new 6th gen engines that can convert their entire thrust to electrical energy. FGFA will come with such engines. The Americans are running the ADVENT program for this engine.

oo bahi Kuda ka wasaty yaar,, at least check the source of these BS articles. Aiming high is good but being delusional is problematic. Anyway, what can i say, it is your choice if you want to believe in Aliens. :lol:

Why is it BS? The source is KRET. They design radars for Russia.

Their official website.
http://kret.com/en/news/10260/
Thanks to radio-optical phased array antennas, the resolving power of communications systems and radar will increase tenfold. If modern radar has a radar radiation frequency of 10 GHz, with a 3 cm wide range of 1-2 GHz, then the radio-optical phased array antennas will be able to simultaneously operate at this frequency at a range from 1 Hz to 100 GHz.

In other words, radio-optical phased array antennas will be capable of carrying out a kind of "X-ray vision" of planes located at a distance of over 500 kilometers, producing a detailed, three-dimensional image. Moreover, since the signal is able to penetrate any obstacle, including a lead wall a meter thick, this technology can look inside a target to find out what equipment it carries, determine how many people are there, and even see their faces.

This 'alien' technology is real. It is Russian.

It is a whole new generation of radars. The first model is expected to be ready by 2018. And as the article mentions, it is guaranteed on the PAK FA.

They have basically replaced electrons with photons. Photons are used by the human eyes for sight, so it's obvious the physics is the same for a ROFAR. On top of that the human eye doesn't emit light, it only reflects light, whereas the ROFAR will emit its own light. It's basically superior to the human eye. It has x-ray vision as well as it can use it for HPM purposes.

Back
Top Bottom